MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Science Fiction and Fantasy Club executives wanted! andrew.1 Movies & Television 11 11-13-2012 11:07 AM
Gamers club andrew.1 Gaming 19 09-18-2012 12:45 PM
McMaster Breakdance Club Video Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 05-19-2011 10:29 AM
GAMING MAYHEM!!! FREE PLAY 'Til May [email protected] GAMING CENTRE Pownz Gaming 4 05-08-2010 05:22 PM
Computer Gaming - Mac Lan Club kevinf General Discussion 11 03-01-2008 03:43 PM

Gamers wanted for Video Gaming Club! (Consoles)

Old 10-08-2012 at 12:10 PM   #1
andrew.1

Liked: 7 Times

Gamers wanted for Video Gaming Club! (Consoles)
Hey everyone!

I am looking for gamers for a new video gaming club! (Consoles) (THE MAC GAMERS)

The purpose of this club is to unite fellow gamers, make friendships, and have fun playing video games. Whether you are inexperienced, occasional gamer or hardcore, all is welcome!

I have several ideas for club events, including: (topic or random) Game Nights/hangouts, tournaments, and socials.
I am hoping to have a game night to start at least every two weeks at first(Once things pick up, we can have one or two a week).

So topic game nights could include: (Call of Duty game night) or (Smash Bros night) Where we play one or multiple games in that series. As well, we can have random game nights, where we play various types of games.
All games are on the table and gamers are encouraged to bring their games of interest.

If you just feel like watching and hanging out with your fellow gamers, that's awesome too.
Socials happen while we play. Snacks and drinks can be provided.

Since the Mac lan club does not deal with consoles. I have inquired about creating it officially, but it sounds like I might not be able to make the group because of its similarity to the lan club.

So... I am announcing the creation of an unofficial video gaming club. I will still try to see what I can do about getting it official, so we can get space on Campus.

Otherwise, I am recommending that we have a general meeting and discuss the details of the group and whether or not, members can hold events at their homes. This would also provide a comfortable space for gamers.

If you are interested in helping me create this club, please email me: [email protected]

-Andrew

Last edited by andrew.1 : 10-08-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2012 at 04:58 PM   #2
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.1 View Post
Hey everyone!

I am looking for gamers for a new video gaming club! (Consoles) (THE MAC GAMERS)

The purpose of this club is to unite fellow gamers, make friendships, and have fun playing video games. Whether you are inexperienced, occasional gamer or hardcore, all is welcome!

I have several ideas for club events, including: (topic or random) Game Nights/hangouts, tournaments, and socials.
I am hoping to have a game night to start at least every two weeks at first(Once things pick up, we can have one or two a week).

So topic game nights could include: (Call of Duty game night) or (Smash Bros night) Where we play one or multiple games in that series. As well, we can have random game nights, where we play various types of games.
All games are on the table and gamers are encouraged to bring their games of interest.

If you just feel like watching and hanging out with your fellow gamers, that's awesome too.
Socials happen while we play. Snacks and drinks can be provided.

Since the Mac lan club does not deal with consoles. I have inquired about creating it officially, but it sounds like I might not be able to make the group because of its similarity to the lan club.

So... I am announcing the creation of an unofficial video gaming club. I will still try to see what I can do about getting it official, so we can get space on Campus.

Otherwise, I am recommending that we have a general meeting and discuss the details of the group and whether or not, members can hold events at their homes. This would also provide a comfortable space for gamers.

If you are interested in helping me create this club, please email me: [email protected]

-Andrew
Quote:
Quote:
(Consoles)
Quote:
(Consoles)

W ell fuck that then.

chappy89 says thanks to Freija for this post.

Afzal, chappy89, Juicebox like this.
Old 10-08-2012 at 05:43 PM   #3
hatorade

Liked: 13 Times

I'm a dedicated BF3 console player. I'm interested!
Old 10-14-2012 at 12:02 PM   #4
frogpuppet

Liked: 0 Times

I'm interested
Old 10-14-2012 at 01:09 PM   #5
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

I'd be interested too, you might as well just organize everything on MI at first rather than over email to keep everything as accessible as possible.
Old 10-24-2012 at 10:47 AM   #6
andrew.1

If anyone is still interested in being a Mac Gamers executive,

please email me: [email protected] and let me know asap. I believe the applications for creating the club are available now.

Check out my club posters around campus!

It's easier for me to contact people by email. We can always go back to MI and organize something if it calls for it.

Thanks!

Andrew
Old 11-06-2012 at 11:00 PM   #7
andrew.1

We won't be able to create an official club, but we are going to make an unofficial one!
Please join our facebook group and let us know what ideas you have for our club!

Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/51...12765/?fref=ts

Please email me (email above) to get on the mailing list!