MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using transit REPLEKIA/. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-09-2010 09:31 PM
GO Transit ID Patrick.O First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-28-2010 05:03 PM
GO Transit Help goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-05-2009 08:33 PM
Anyone commuting from Milton? Alchemist11 General Discussion 10 08-18-2009 03:32 PM
GO Transit ingénieur.xo Automotive & Transportation 14 08-02-2007 08:56 PM

How to get to Mac from Milton, ON using GO transit?

Old 12-22-2008 at 12:33 PM   #1
sanahsameen

Liked: 0 Times

How to get to Mac from Milton, ON using GO transit?
Hi, I live in Milton, and I'm thinking of coming to Mac as one of my options. I am proabaly going to be using the GO transit, and I was just wndering if there is a bus that will take me straight to the campus from Milton GO, or will I be having to change busses?
Old 12-22-2008 at 12:45 PM   #2
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

If you want to take the go you would have to take the go from Milton to Toronto and then transfer in Toronto and take it to Hamilton.
Old 12-22-2008 at 01:39 PM   #3
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanahsameen View Post
Hi, I live in Milton, and I'm thinking of coming to Mac as one of my options. I am proabaly going to be using the GO transit, and I was just wndering if there is a bus that will take me straight to the campus from Milton GO, or will I be having to change busses?
if you can get to the bronte or trafalgar carpool lots at the 407, then you can catch the bus that will take you right to mcmaster

sanahsameen says thanks to caroline54 for this post.
Old 12-23-2008 at 09:24 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Are you thinking of commuting, or just visiting using transit?

Because the life of a commuting student is much different than one that lives in res or close to campus!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 12-23-2008 at 10:14 AM   #5
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

There are buses from Milton GO to Bronte Carpool. Then catch the bus which will take you to Mac.
Or take the bus to Square One, then catch the express bus to Mac. (I think it takes longer, but definitely easier)
Old 12-23-2008 at 10:27 AM   #6
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

I'm pretty sure it would take way longer if you took the Square One bus first. You would be going pretty far east before going really far back west.
Old 12-23-2008
nh999
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-23-2008 at 11:24 AM   #7
mikefung

Yes, it'll take longer.
Btw, just check the GO bus schedule, Milton-Bronte bus only runs on weekdays, and 407 West doesn't have service on Saturdays. So if you want to visit Mac on Saturday, you'll have to get to Square One, then 403 bus to Oakville train station, then to Hamilton. (Or get to union station, then QEW) Looks like GO transit is handicapped on Saturdays = =
Old 12-23-2008 at 01:32 PM   #8
sanahsameen

Liked: 0 Times

If I go to Mac, I will be commuting there. Thats why i was asking, not for a visit
BTW do classes start in the early morning like high school or is everything at different times depending on your program. Im planning to apply to life sciences?
Old 12-23-2008 at 02:02 PM   #9
KRan

Liked: 10 Times

It really depends on when your courses are scheduled. This past semester I had 3 days where I started at 8:30 but then the other two days I didn't have class until 11:30/12:30. If a course you want/need to take is offered at more than one time, then you can try to plan your schedule so that you don't need to wake up insanely early to get to Mac.

sanahsameen says thanks to KRan for this post.
Old 12-23-2008 at 03:47 PM   #10
mikefung

It all depends on how you make your timetable. My roommate is in life science. For the past semester, he has his first class at 9:30 for all 5 days a week. I also know another life science ppl has first lecture on 10:30 too.

sanahsameen says thanks to mikefung for this post.
Old 12-24-2008 at 12:02 AM   #11
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

As I told another student planning on commuting to Mac at May @ Mac:

You may have your first class at 8:30am and your last one at 7pm on the same night. You may have an hour off between every class, or you could have two, three or more hours.

First classes at Mac start at 8:30am. The last class start at 7pm and go until 10pm.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

sanahsameen says thanks to lorend for this post.