MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I going to get kicked out? mackey123 Academics 5 05-07-2016 05:35 PM
Getting Kicked Out? kereha First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 05-04-2016 10:58 PM
Getting kicked out Student1010 Academics 10 06-24-2014 05:12 PM
Kicked out of University? Charbs Academics 5 01-30-2010 12:05 AM
Will I get kicked out? don.999 Academics 11 09-02-2009 06:20 AM

Getting kicked out of University

Old 11-12-2016 at 03:37 PM   #1
Faker

Liked: 0 Times

Getting kicked out of University
It's Saturday so I can't talk to a academic advisor at the moment.

I am stressing out and I need an answer to calm myself down :(

I am in Second year Engineering.

My first year GPA was a 5.5

I am struggling really hard in second year though and I feel like I might fail couple of courses.

My questions are,

How many courses am I allowed to fail?
I already failed physics in first year.

It says on the website that a GPA lower than a 3.5 will put me on probation.
Is this my GPA for just second year or my cumulative average from first and second year.

What GPA will get me kicked out?
Old 11-12-2016 at 06:24 PM   #2
MovingTarget

Liked: 6 Times

From what I understand, they assess your cumulative GPA at the end of each term. If it's below 3.5 then you get put on probation for the following term. You have to pull it above 3.5 over that term to continue the following semester.

I'm not sure how many courses you're 'allowed' to fail but I would assume you would be allowed to repeat them indefinitely and obviously you are only able to graduate when you fulfill your graduation requirements for your program.
Old 11-12-2016 at 10:34 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget View Post
From what I understand, they assess your cumulative GPA at the end of each term. If it's below 3.5 then you get put on probation for the following term. You have to pull it above 3.5 over that term to continue the following semester.

I'm not sure how many courses you're 'allowed' to fail but I would assume you would be allowed to repeat them indefinitely and obviously you are only able to graduate when you fulfill your graduation requirements for your program.
They assess your GPA at the end of each session (there are two sessions, fall/winter and spring/summer), assuming you have taken at least a certain number of units since the previous review. I can't remember the details but it is all described online in various places - course calendar, registrar's website, etc.
Old 11-13-2016 at 07:43 AM   #4
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

Why are your marks so bad?
Old 11-13-2016 at 01:31 PM   #5
Faker

Liked: 0 Times

Do they look at my GPA for that session then? Fall/winter GPA and spring/summer GPA?
Or do they look at the GPA for everything combined?
Old 11-13-2016 at 07:30 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faker View Post
Do they look at my GPA for that session then? Fall/winter GPA and spring/summer GPA?
Or do they look at the GPA for everything combined?
I can't remember.
Again, it's all described online. Try googling it.