MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go student transit id card raveenaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 09-12-2011 08:40 PM
Mac Student Card Transit Pass stobbesays First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 11-29-2010 12:24 AM
GO Transit Student ID Card jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 72 09-07-2010 11:06 PM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM

GO Transit Student card

Old 09-13-2012 at 10:11 AM   #16
MeganB214

Liked: 1 Time

When changing your Presto card to a student account, do you have to go to a GO transit kiosk, or can it be done at Compass?
I ask because on the Presto site, it states that in order to have a student account, you must be between the ages of 13-19, which excludes the majority of university students
Old 09-13-2012 at 10:25 AM   #17
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganB214 View Post
When changing your Presto card to a student account, do you have to go to a GO transit kiosk, or can it be done at Compass?
I ask because on the Presto site, it states that in order to have a student account, you must be between the ages of 13-19, which excludes the majority of university students
Student = highschool student or university/college student
It says 13-19 for the high school, but trust me, you can get a student account. You may or may not get asked for id to prove you are a student.

If you're on campus, it doesn't hurt to see if you can change your account at compass... just go check, otherwise you have to go to the GO Station at Hunter st (not sure of any other kiosks in hamilton)
Old 09-13-2012 at 02:03 PM   #18
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganB214 View Post
They changed mine at compass. I think you have to get it done again in October, though, because it will expire Oct 31.

MeganB214 says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 09-13-2012 at 02:09 PM   #19
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

You can do this @ compass or a go station terminal/kiosk. And yes you have to redo this everywhere cause they make sure you stay a student.