MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Golden Key Society MichaelScarn Academics 11 09-14-2011 06:07 PM
Golden Key Society & Engineering HelloThere__ Academics 9 07-12-2011 01:43 PM
Golden Key Society nerual Academics 39 08-28-2010 01:55 PM
Golden Key International Honour Society feonateresa Financial Aid 66 09-03-2009 09:06 AM
Golden Key Society thejason Clubs & Groups 2 10-02-2006 08:37 PM

Golden Key International Honour Society 2013-14

Old 06-12-2013 at 07:15 PM   #1
howea

Liked: 0 Times

Golden Key International Honour Society 2013-14
Hi Everyone!

My name is Adam Howe, and I am the VP Communications for the McMaster Golden Key Honour Society for the 2013-2014 academic year. If you have received an invitation in the mail from the Golden Key International Honour Society, first of all: Congratulations! We welcome prospective members who are in the top 15% of their class, and your hard work has propelled you into this percentile.

After reviewing many of the threads on MacInsiders regarding Golden Key I thought it would be helpful to clear up some of the recurring misconceptions:

Misconception #1: 'Golden Key is a scam/hoax'
Speaking candidly, and from my personal experience: The Golden Key Society is not a scam or anything like that. While new members do have to pay a one time fee to join, membership allows you access to &ndsp;&ndsp;many amazing opportunities not available to others. These include things like scholarships, international student laureate programs, discounts on grad school prep courses, unique job and internship opportunities, and access to a number of different summits and conferences.
Misconception #2: 'Golden Key is a waste of your money'
The Golden Key Society offers invaluable opportunities to all of its members; however, you will get the most out of your membership by taking advantage of these opportunities! Be active in the McMaster chapter - get involved in the programs and projects put on by Golden Key - Contact us and see how you can get involved!
Misconception #3: Golden Key is only for business students
The Golden Key Society is ideal for all students in all programs! We assist members with information on all grad school courses, and provide prep courses for the most common grad school tests.

McMaster Golden Key Society has accepted more than 6900 members since 1998, and is one of the largest chapters in Canada with an average of over 1000 members currently at McMaster in any given year. Our members focus on community service, networking events, and reaching out to make connections with the local community and the entire university student body. We believe in excellence and strive to provide the best environment possible for guiding our members to achieve in the three pillars of Golden Key success: Academics, Leadership and Service.

Visit our website for more information.
Visit our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter

Last edited by howea : 06-12-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Clarifying Format

ashley1234 says thanks to howea for this post.
Old 06-12-2013 at 07:40 PM   #2
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Lol a quick glance made me think that your post was saying:

1. Golden Key is a scam/hoax
2. Golden Key is a waste of your money
3. Golden Key is only for business students

After a double-take I see what you were going for though, perhaps not the best formatting choice XD

That is all.

howea says thanks to PockyWarrior for this post.
Old 06-12-2013 at 08:19 PM   #3
howea

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks for the feedback!! I'll update the format.

Adam