google nexus s vs lg optimus 2X cjdzl General Discussion 15 08-21-2011 02:34 PM

Google Nexus 7

Old 07-23-2012 at 07:39 AM   #166
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by user9753 View Post
My screen flickers when things are being loaded . Particularly noticeable in chrome. I disabled auto brightness but the problem persists. Anyone else experiencing problems along the lines of those mentioned in the link below?

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/...uality-issues/

Also, screen colours are nowhere near as vivid as galaxy nexus... is that another issue with the display or is it normal (for those who own both nexus devices and are able to compare)?
The screen isnt suppose to be anything special. It is a HD 720p display, but its not technology like AMOLED or SLCD2 or anything.. I think just a regular IPS display
Old 07-23-2012 at 07:59 AM   #167
faithcry

Liked: 5 Times

i haven't gotten mine yet Mel... :( LOL

i'm in no hurry with all the defects going around but i'll probably get fpse for a playstation emulator instead of a gba emu
Old 07-23-2012 at 08:41 AM   #168
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Im still worried about the defects. But like Dillon said, they seem to be aesthetic, so if its still functional I will still enjoy it. Unless I get that light flicker! Ugh!

I downloaded the game boy colour emulator cause it was free, and since it was only like 1mb I put it on my phone too! Now im gonna play pokemon red on my phone and pokemon gold on my tablet! cause I never got to play those ones
Old 07-23-2012 at 09:09 AM   #169
faithcry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
Im still worried about the defects. But like Dillon said, they seem to be aesthetic, so if its still functional I will still enjoy it. Unless I get that light flicker! Ugh!

I downloaded the game boy colour emulator cause it was free, and since it was only like 1mb I put it on my phone too! Now im gonna play pokemon red on my phone and pokemon gold on my tablet! cause I never got to play those ones
be careful when downloading emus and stuff as such, check the reviews before hand cause some of them don't work, or you need bios or they just rape your CPU with ads and nonsense. i usually stick to the editors choice apps or highly rated apps just to be safe, but to be extra safe its always good to read the last couple of reviews to ensure its not a bogus app.

EDIT: aren't you at work???
Old 07-23-2012 at 09:16 AM   #170
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithcry View Post
be careful when downloading emus and stuff as such, check the reviews before hand cause some of them don't work, or you need bios or they just rape your CPU with ads and nonsense. i usually stick to the editors choice apps or highly rated apps just to be safe, but to be extra safe its always good to read the last couple of reviews to ensure its not a bogus app.

The one I got has 1,000,000+ downloads, 4 stars, and calls itself the "best gbc emulator"
Its working so far I think. and I got my roms from a torrent

UM yes I am at work, and i went to check out the pokemon red, and even tho my phone is on silent, it still blasted the pokemon theme song and I had to shut it down lol
Old 07-23-2012 at 09:21 AM   #171
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
UM yes I am at work, and i went to check out the pokemon red, and even tho my phone is on silent, it still blasted the pokemon theme song and I had to TURN IT UP lol
Fixed that for you
Old 07-23-2012 at 09:22 AM   #172
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithcry View Post

Also, it is always good to check all of the permissions the app requires.
Quote:
The one I got has 1,000,000+ downloads, 4 stars, and calls itself the "best gbc emulator"
Its working so far I think. and I got my roms from a torrent

UM yes I am at work, and i went to check out the pokemon red, and even tho my phone is on silent, it still blasted the pokemon theme song and I had to shut it down lol
If you're using Android, there are different volume settings for Ringtone & notifications vs Music, video, games & other media.
Old 07-23-2012 at 10:01 AM   #173
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Do you think these permissions are okay?
Your location, network communication, storage, phone calls, system tools

Do you have a perticular emu you can recommend to me if this isnt good?
Old 07-23-2012 at 10:09 AM   #174
faithcry

Quote:
Do you think these permissions are okay?
Your location, network communication, storage, phone calls, system tools

Do you have a perticular emu you can recommend to me if this isnt good?
O_O why does it need your location and network communications?
Old 07-23-2012 at 10:15 AM   #175
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

it probably doesnt! so which one should i get!
Old 07-23-2012 at 10:25 AM   #176
faithcry

Quote:
it probably doesnt! so which one should i get!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

is that the one you have installed?

the reviews seem okay...

i'm not sure though, there's a lot of them. usually the paid ones are safe though.
Old 07-23-2012 at 10:33 AM   #177
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

i got this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...earch _result
think i should switch?

and should i buy this one for GBA? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...es ult#?t=W10.

or
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._result#?t=W10.

thanks!
Old 07-23-2012 at 10:38 AM   #178
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

If this thing's screen bulges, what does this say about the longevity of the device itself? Will it last?

For emulators I'd go with VGBA (or another top rated paid) , but if the one you're using works and you don't have problems with it, keep it and save moneies.
Old 07-23-2012 at 10:42 AM   #179
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
I'd go with the last link personally.
Old 07-23-2012 at 10:44 AM   #180
faithcry

google the .apk file and see if there is one you can get off the net before you buy it. then just drag and drop it onto your mem card and install away!