MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hamilton airport to campus taxi? smcho Automotive & Transportation 1 08-17-2014 08:57 PM
Toronto Airport- Hamilton transportation Judit Automotive & Transportation 1 08-26-2012 07:16 AM
How to get to Airport? tiger Automotive & Transportation 14 04-17-2012 02:19 AM
Toronto Airport, Buffalo Airport jaason87 General Discussion 8 09-17-2010 11:23 PM
Getting to the airport MacLovin Automotive & Transportation 9 05-13-2010 12:44 PM

Hamilton Airport?

Old 06-08-2015 at 07:04 PM   #1
mathtutor738

Liked: 0 Times

Hamilton Airport?
Hey I am not sure if this subforum is the best place to ask.

I am wondering for those International students or those who aren't from Ontario, did you come to Hamilton through the Hamilton Airport?

Does anyone know from experience how much it costs to go from campus to the Hamilton Airport through taxi? Is there a better way to to the airport?
Old 06-08-2015 at 07:35 PM   #2
kobe_mamba

Liked: 1 Time

I'm not sure if this helps, but my friend from another country came through the Toronto airport. Hamilton airport is small, so most likely international students will be arriving or departing from the Toronto airport. To get to the Toronto airport, you can catch the 47 go bus from McMaster to Square One. Then form there, you can catch another go bus to take you to the union station. From there, you can catch a subway straight to the Toronto Airport. Compare that price to taxi and figure out, which is more convenient and in-expensive.
Old 06-08-2015 at 08:06 PM   #3
mathtutor738

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe_mamba View Post
I'm not sure if this helps, but my friend from another country came through the Toronto airport. Hamilton airport is small, so most likely international students will be arriving or departing from the Toronto airport. To get to the Toronto airport, you can catch the 47 go bus from McMaster to Square One. Then form there, you can catch another go bus to take you to the union station. From there, you can catch a subway straight to the Toronto Airport. Compare that price to taxi and figure out, which is more convenient and in-expensive.
Right, what about those from another province or territory, I assume they would go through Hamilton Airport instead?
Old 06-08-2015 at 08:19 PM   #4
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathtutor738 View Post
Right, what about those from another province or territory, I assume they would go through Hamilton Airport instead?
No.

Hamilton is used for the occasional ultra budget flight, for private jets, for cargo planes, and to relieve Toronto in desperate times.

Toronto's Pearson International is the primary airport in the area. The next closest major airports in Canada are in Ottawa and Montreal. Forget hamilton.
Old 06-08-2015 at 08:52 PM   #5
mathtutor738

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty91 View Post
No.

Hamilton is used for the occasional ultra budget flight, for private jets, for cargo planes, and to relieve Toronto in desperate times.

Toronto's Pearson International is the primary airport in the area. The next closest major airports in Canada are in Ottawa and Montreal. Forget hamilton.
I see, I must be lucky then because I found some cheap flights flying from Hamilton Airport.
Old 06-08-2015 at 10:32 PM   #6
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

depends on the time of the day, it is either 20 A-Line or trans-cab.

Or just take the taxi, it is around $50.
Old 06-09-2015 at 01:28 AM   #7
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty91 View Post
No.

False.

I've flown out of Hamilton to go out west tons of times, and I also flew to Vegas from there. It's a smaller airport but it offers a lot of domestic flights and several international as well.
Old 06-09-2015 at 03:15 AM   #8
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Just to re-iterate, you can take the 51/5/1 to the downtown from Mac, then get on the 27 or 20 (A-Line, which is much faster) at macnab terminal. the 27 and 20 take you to the airport. It's your cheapest option, if you don't mind dragging luggage about on public transport.
Old 06-09-2015 at 04:42 AM   #9
mathtutor738

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkek View Post
depends on the time of the day, it is either 20 A-Line or trans-cab.

Or just take the taxi, it is around $50.
Dang that's pretty expensive. But I guess the "freedom" and convenience is worth it.