MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
easy social science electives? Joyceyblank Academics 2 12-14-2011 05:37 PM
How hard is it to transfer from Social Science I to Commerce II? ABCDXYZ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 04-14-2011 08:25 PM
easy social science/ humanities as an elective? ae1011 Academics 19 06-07-2010 10:03 PM
How EASY/HARD is Enviornmental Science 1A03? rated1234 Academics 5 05-17-2010 07:50 PM
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM

How hard/easy to get into level 2 social science

Old 04-28-2012 at 02:13 PM   #1
callmeliz

Liked: 0 Times

How hard/easy to get into level 2 social science
Hi, i was just wondering how easy or difficult is it to get accepted into a level 2 program under social sciences. i know for the non-limited programs, they say you need is a GPA of at least 5, so are you safe as long as you have a 5, or will they still choose the students with the higher GPAs? (Speficically Economics)

Any help is appreciated! thanks
Old 04-28-2012 at 02:30 PM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

I am not in the faculty of social sciences, but if a certain program requires a 5 (lets say that's the average that people got in with in the past), it's not guaranteed that you will get in to that program with a 5. Maybe that program got really popular this year and a lot of people applied to it :/

Each program has a certain capacity and the administration people can raise the GPA required if needed.
Old 04-28-2012 at 04:04 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeliz View Post
Hi, i was just wondering how easy or difficult is it to get accepted into a level 2 program under social sciences. i know for the non-limited programs, they say you need is a GPA of at least 5, so are you safe as long as you have a 5, or will they still choose the students with the higher GPAs? (Speficically Economics)

Any help is appreciated! thanks
For non-limited enrollment programs, simply meeting the stated cutoff and course requirements is enough. For programs with limited enrollment, it depends on the number of people applying and what their averages are, and is nearly always higher than what is stated.

jingletunes likes this.
Old 04-28-2012 at 04:11 PM   #4
jingletunes

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
For non-limited enrollment programs, simply meeting the stated cutoff and course requirements is enough. For programs with limited enrollment, it depends on the number of people applying and what their averages are, and is nearly always higher than what is stated.
im trying to get into non-limited enrollment program (religion or philosophy), but if i had a CA of 4.8 (falling short of the required 5), will I get into the honours program or will i be put into the regular BA program?
Old 04-28-2012 at 04:13 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingletunes View Post
im trying to get into non-limited enrollment program (religion or philosophy), but if i had a CA of 4.8 (falling short of the required 5), will I get into the honours program or will i be put into the regular BA program?
If you don't meet the required average, you won't get into the program. Whether or not they automatically place you in something else depends on the faculty.

jingletunes says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 04-28-2012 at 07:16 PM   #6
baodo1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

someone i know had the same problem. You are allowed to take all the classes that a person in the program you want to enroll can for next year. When you are done your next year and have good enough grades than you can declare it as your major. Good enough grades mean, the average that is required to enter the program in the first place.