Who else got an iPhone 4? juntom10 Computers & Tech 15 08-03-2010 01:34 PM
Blackberry vs. iphone lorend Computers & Tech 62 06-28-2010 07:28 PM
Mac Email -- iphone?? gillybean Computers & Tech 4 03-31-2010 07:37 PM
Apple launches the iPhone Chad Computers & Tech 6 01-22-2007 09:52 AM

who has the iPhone 4

Old 12-19-2010 at 12:37 PM   #61
MSaleh

Liked: 8 Times

I'm sorry, but all the fragmentation issues and the problems people have with android I can definitely see for the average user. The XDA community basically exists to remove fragmentation, but I know that people shouldn't have to look for third party sources to make their phone run like it should.

Android users who know their way around ADB shells, and command prompts can make their phones amazing. I personally don't have ANY lag (Galaxy S lag is due to Samsung using RFS format for filesystems, and this is fixed by either installing OCLF for EXT2 filesystem format, or other means of changing the filesystem.) So the lag issue doesn't exist. Hardware wise, the screen is amazing, and it feels ridiculously snappy. Other android devices, for example, Desire Z, or Desire from Telus, run smoothly, no lag.

I've had mine for a couple months, and it hasn't slowed down, no crashes, and it's just great. The battery life issue doesn't happen to everyone. With moderate use, I can go 3 days without charging. Heavy use, it will last me about a day and a bit.

To each his own though, The captivate feels more premium than the regular i9000 galaxy s phones, but I do have to say that the iPhone 4 LOOKS nice. The body feel solid compared to the Galaxy S, but then again, I do put cases and screen protectors on my phones, so they all feel the same afterwards. I had an iPhone for 3 years, and I just HATE iTunes. So so much. The fact that I can go around, put in my phone via usb and grab a couple songs from a friend that he has which I like without syncing bs is nice. Having all my contacts on my gmail email is also nice, so if anything happens to my phone, or I switch to another android phone, just adding my email in restores my contacts.

Last edited by MSaleh : 12-19-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2010 at 05:00 PM   #62
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
Your blinded by your obsession with apple.
Actually, I very much used to and still love Blackberries and hated iPhones or anything Apple, but actually having the product changed my perspective. And yes, I've also owned an andriod.