MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Take Physics or Organic Chem in summer school? Aaliyah Academics 6 03-22-2013 02:06 PM
High School Physics Angoose Academics 3 03-13-2013 01:01 PM
Star investigation: Slacking off gets high marks at this ‘high school’ enarab General Discussion 29 09-19-2011 11:17 PM
Night/Summer School? (high school level) Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-20-2011 01:12 PM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM

High School Physics/Chem

Old 09-08-2015 at 09:32 PM   #1
mati555

Liked: 0 Times

High School Physics/Chem
There is a lot of hype in my high school that chemistry becomes extremely hard in grade12, is that honestly true? Like in comparison to grade11, cause i found chemistry really easy in grade 11. Also with physics, is it a big jump from grade 11 to grade 12?
Old 09-08-2015 at 10:47 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Nothing in high school is really that challenging...
But this forum isn't really for high school issues, and there is such variety between high schools that you're not likely to get any useful answers from here, unless you can find a first year who went to your high school in the last two years and took both courses and can compare.
Even then, that doesn't guarantee you will have the same experience. You will be taking the course regardless, so just hope for the best and form your own opinion.
Old 09-09-2015 at 11:34 AM   #3
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mati555 View Post
There is a lot of hype in my high school that chemistry becomes extremely hard in grade12, is that honestly true? Like in comparison to grade11, cause i found chemistry really easy in grade 11. Also with physics, is it a big jump from grade 11 to grade 12?
Why are you posting questions in a University forum that have absolutely NO connections to McMaster at all?
If only there was someone near you that knew the differences between grade 11 and 12 chem/phys, and the topics/complexity of the material that you would be expected to learn in both years... i dunno, like a teacher? Nah a teacher would never be able to help you if you asked them now would they...
Old 09-09-2015 at 12:47 PM   #4
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

I found grade 12 chemistry more enjoyable than grade 11. Gr12 chem is not harder than gr11, maybe the same difficulty. Physics got a bit more interesting in grade 12 for me. But since I left high school I heard they changed some of the curriculum so it's better to ask someone you know who's in first year uni now.