MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is everything done online in level 2 + courses luxhydrus First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-13-2010 08:07 PM
Engineering Level I courses LukeEngineer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-27-2010 04:54 PM
GPA avg, level II courses xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 12-06-2009 03:27 PM
About Level 1 French Courses wonie9024 Academics 2 07-05-2008 10:30 AM

Higher Level Econ Courses?

Old 05-16-2010 at 01:26 PM   #1
Fa11enAnge1

Liked: 3 Times

Higher Level Econ Courses?
Hey,

Im just wondering what are the easiest 2nd year econ courses. I have taken both mirco and macro econ. I want to do a minor in econ - and i hate micro econ -- so I was thinking of avoiding any advancement in that field.

I was thinking 2H03, 2I03?

thanks so much
Old 05-16-2010 at 01:38 PM   #2
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

2H03 and 2HH3 are the easiest. Especially if you have Khan.

Fa11enAnge1 says thanks to KayakerDan for this post.
Old 05-16-2010 at 02:59 PM   #3
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

2I03 is... iffy. I had Rusheleau for it last summer, and my grade came out well. But I bombed the midterm (class average was in 30-40% range) and the quizzes went so-so. In the very first lecture he announced that the class will be bell curved to a certain average without fail, guaranteed. Whether he meant it as the course would be rough or if it's just his policy to always curve (most likely the latter) it's definitely worth knowing.

As for the material, it wasn't particularly terrible. Once you understand how to do the problems and know what it's giving you and asking you to do, it's fairly reasonable. The calculator he also recommends is a bit of a pain in the ass at first, but once you master it, the time saved is ridiculous. Not necessary, but it's helpful. The key concepts were: time value of money (amortization, basic interest problems, etc.), securities/securitization, stocks/dividends, and probably more but I've forgotten.

Interesting class, though. He REALLY knows his stuff and always brings up relevant stories in the news. Not to mention he loves to pull out $5 bills and wave them in the air.

Deegs14, Fa11enAnge1 all say thanks to eullwm for this post.

Entropy, Moonballoon like this.
Old 05-16-2010 at 07:47 PM   #4
Fa11enAnge1

Liked: 3 Times

WOW @ 2I03 never expected that -.-" are the midterms, and exam okay? can you get an A?
and 2H03 is only offered in the 1st semes? I heard the exam for 2H03 was killer - is that true?
Old 05-16-2010 at 09:00 PM   #5
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

To be honest I didn't have any problem with the 2H03 exam. If you have Khan the exam will be multiple choice.

Fa11enAnge1 says thanks to KayakerDan for this post.
Old 05-16-2010 at 09:09 PM   #6
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

2H03 and 2D03 with Khan are both good courses and easy to get a good mark in.

Fa11enAnge1 says thanks to J-Met for this post.
Old 05-17-2010 at 09:50 AM   #7
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa11enAnge1 View Post
WOW @ 2I03 never expected that -.-" are the midterms, and exam okay? can you get an A?
and 2H03 is only offered in the 1st semes? I heard the exam for 2H03 was killer - is that true?
I ended up pulling a 9 in the course after failing the midterm, so it's entirely possible. I think our exam was different from other ones, since we had to write about what contributed to the global market meltdown and their effects on it. The midterm was pretty fair once he took it up and showed us how to do instead of just scrolling lecture slides and hoping the gist is acquired.

Fa11enAnge1 says thanks to eullwm for this post.