MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reference Letter Alchemist11 Academics 2 09-19-2010 01:43 PM
Hospital Volunteering... britb Volunteering Opportunities 11 07-25-2010 10:51 PM
Volunteering at Mac hospital t.dot Volunteering Opportunities 16 07-22-2010 09:16 PM
job reference? littleluzer Volunteering Opportunities 5 07-10-2010 09:01 PM
OT- Question for hospital volunteers at Mac Hospital darklink121 General Discussion 5 10-12-2009 12:07 AM

Hospital Volunteering: reference letters needed?

Old 08-23-2010 at 08:53 AM   #1
rexelle

Liked: 4 Times

Hospital Volunteering: reference letters needed?
I'm applying to the hospital to volunteer and I was just wondering if you needed reference letters or if just putting references' contact information suffices.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-23-2010 at 08:55 AM   #2
raim2

Liked: 0 Times

Depends what hospital... I think at St. Josephs you need two reference letters. But I photo copied two old ones from like high school and they accepted them.
Old 08-23-2010 at 09:03 AM   #3
rexelle

Liked: 4 Times

Thanks

what about for henderson?
Old 08-23-2010 at 09:19 AM   #4
raim2

Liked: 0 Times

Sorry don't know about that hospital. I volunteer at the Oakville hospital too and they just asked for the name/number/email for two people.
Old 08-23-2010 at 09:25 AM   #5
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

When I applied to St. Peters for volunteering they wanted the phone number and email address for two people, I wound up going to Macassa Lodge in the end, but they wanted the same. So it's probably a good idea to find two people.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:43 AM   #6
jordan19

Liked: 19 Times

I believe all hospitals except for st. joes only requires references.
They implemented it last year, the vol coordinator at Henderson said that the whole hospital network would be slow to this change... but i think they should accept either or
Old 08-23-2010 at 12:14 PM   #7
luv.ng.u

Liked: 1 Time

i just completed my volunteer application + interview + small orientation with cathy williams at st. peter's hospital! at st. peter's, i had to send a reference application to my references and they would fill it out and send it back to cathy. it wasn't a reference letter, more like a series of questions. its definitely wise to at least have your references phone number or email.