MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Science First Year Schedule anonanon987 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 27 08-09-2011 03:55 PM
3rd Year Comp. Eng. Schedule blackdragon Academics 13 05-06-2010 07:42 AM
First Year Course Schedule.. anyone have same classes?? Cassandraa87 Academics 10 08-20-2009 11:14 AM
Advice about schedule (2nd year) Kira Academics 12 06-16-2009 09:28 AM

Hows my schedule for first year?

Old 07-10-2011 at 05:43 PM   #1
winter02

Liked: 7 Times

Hows my schedule for first year?
Hey guys, I know that this question has been repeated so many times, but I just wanted to make sure that my schedule was balanced or that it looks ok. Oh, forgot to mention, I'm in the life sci program =P

First Term
BIOLOGY 1A03
CHEM 1A03
MATH 1LS3
PSYCH 1X03
(the 2 mandatory HTH SCI and SCIENCE 1A00 courses are also included in first term)

Second Term
BIOLOGY 1M03
CHEM 1AA3
PHYSICS 1B03
PSYCH 1XX3

Third Term( throughout the year I assume)
CHINESE 1Z06 (Want to switch to JAPANESE 1Z06 though =/)

Oh, and another reason for making this thread is that I am still confused about how to use the time table spread sheet to ensure that there is no conflicts with cores and tutorials. As in how can you plan ahead when there's a chance that the core you want or plan to take is already full. If that happens, wouldn't that mess up your entire spread sheet?
Also, courses like PSYCH 1X03 contain almost 30+ cores, so how can you find a conflict when there are so many cores to choose from?
Old 07-10-2011 at 05:50 PM   #2
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Exactly the same as mine except I had ECON 1B03/1BB3.

Your schedule is EXTREMELY similar to other Life Scis, some will have a slightly easier schedule, some will have a slightly harder one.

tl;dr: Schedule is fine, enjoy summer.
Old 07-10-2011 at 05:50 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Pretty typical for Life Sci I. There isn't really much that can be changed. Also, about making a mock timetable, it's just what you'd ideally like and to plan ahead when SOLAR re-opens i.w. change around cores and tutorials and whatnot. But it doesn't necessarily mean that's how it'll end up. FOr e.g. if you're unable to get into your elective you'd have to switch around your mock timetable to be able to fit in a new elective. So it's not set in stone obviously and you just have to hope that everything you want is full or it will open son. If not, you'll have to re-adjust. Also, with Psych, because there's so many cores (they're not really cores, they're just labeled as so but they're really tutorials), you pick all your other courses that have just one core and after that fit in the Psych tutorial which you think fits your sched. best.
Here's how to make a mock timetable: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...+make+a +mock