MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to make an easy $10? kinstudy Volunteering Opportunities 12 11-04-2010 04:16 PM
Can you make changes to the second term later on in the year? JayT First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-19-2010 11:50 PM
Can't Make It Keenu Academics 11 03-27-2010 09:26 PM
How do I make a McMaster email? ph4ntastic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-09-2009 01:34 PM
I barely know anyone at Mac... what if I make no friends? :( dobbz123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 08-22-2008 07:20 PM

Hypocrites make me vomit

Old 11-06-2010 at 01:33 PM   #1
whhsaw

Liked: 0 Times

Hypocrites make me vomit
I don't know if this should belong to being a hypocrite, but have you ever had a friend who pretend like they did so bad on an exam etc and when u ask them their marks, they pretend like they don't wanna tell you cus its so bad, but end up telling u they got 90%?

Man seriously... stop this.
I've been living on Earth for 22 years, and I know they are always the ones that care more about other ppls attention rather than their actual education.

Sometimes, those ppl just pretend like they know everything off by heart as if they are born with that kinda knowledge. They pretend like they did not study shit and they always get 90s. Seriosly, I've seen a guy who says this kinda of stuff all the time, and the last time i saw him he was studying his ass off in quiet areas.

I am not sure they do this cus it makes them feel good or they just wanna grab some attention cus they got no reliable friends, but in normal persons point of view, this looks gay.

Please stop pretending. In my 22 years of experience, people who ace something with silence were always the actual smart guys.

Ps. If you happen to be a hypocrite, of course you'd think that u in particular are different from those of others who pretend. But u r the same.

Last edited by whhsaw : 11-06-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:38 PM   #2
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Yeah, I hate it when people do that. When I tell someone I didn't study, I genuinely mean I did not study. If I worked my ass for the exam/test, I'll tell people straight up.
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:38 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

And by gay, you of course mean that these people have sexual encounters with persons of the same gender.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-06-2010 at 01:40 PM   #4
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
And by gay, you of course mean that these people have sexual encounters with persons of the same gender.
i agree, u used gay inncorrectly think of a better word budyy

lorend says thanks to MCHEDDENITE for this post.

lorend likes this.
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:40 PM   #5
whhsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

well kinda
this isnt a manly thing to do at all
if you are man just say it as it is
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:41 PM   #6
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

The number one abusers of this are asians.

"Hey did you study"

"HUH? ME study... NO. No study at ALL"
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:44 PM   #7
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
The number one abusers of this are asians.

"Hey did you study"

"HUH? ME study... NO. No study at ALL"

RAKIM! I missed you.

Going to actually agree with you on this one. All the asians I know just smile and shake their heads.
asian: "of course I didnt study hahahahah"
-I feel better about myself-

-test results come back-

Me: "So, what did you get?"

Asian: "Oh, 120%. I aced the test, the bonus question, and I added my own bonus question as well. Child's play really"

Me: -crying-
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:44 PM   #8
whhsaw

I dont get why the post written by Rakim was flagged
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:45 PM   #9
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

It might just be that they don't want to sound like they're bragging by talking about their mark...
Hence why they just say they did bad instead.

I get what you're saying about the studying thing though

Old 11-06-2010 at 01:46 PM   #10
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Why was Rakim's post flagged?
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:47 PM   #11
whhsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
It might just be that they don't want to sound like they're bragging by talking about their mark...
Hence why they just say they did bad instead.

I get what you're saying about the studying thing though

ya but most of them always end up telling the mark
and this annoys me because they pretend like 90% is bad mark for them
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:47 PM   #12
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I agree with everyone else, you could have used a better word. Not only was it a poor word choice, you bolded it so it really stands out. next time I suggest:

But on the actual content of the post, I agree with you on most parts. I don't feel people who do well on a test, yet below their own ridiculous standards, should rub it in other people's faces like that. Even though these people were used to straight 100% in H.S. they should realize that's next to impossible in university. And for people who don't 'study', they probably don't. Many of the higher achievers in university are able to fully understand the course content after only covering it once. Most people think the word study applies to going back and reviewing what has already been taught, which is why they don't think that the studied for the test even though they read everything and did all the work.

Afzal, justinsftw like this.
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:48 PM   #13
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Maybe it was the use of stereotypical Asian accent?

Old 11-06-2010 at 01:49 PM   #14
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post

I want this as a tshirt so bad.
Rakim
This message has been removed by a moderator. .