MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conflict in my schedule... jthompson.08 Academics 3 08-11-2011 09:06 AM
schedule conflict? xxorianna Academics 7 08-10-2011 05:34 PM
Schedule Conflict mediagurl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-09-2011 07:22 PM
schedule conflict jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-12-2010 04:07 PM
Is this a Schedule Conflict? Holly First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-04-2008 11:53 PM

If there is a schedule conflict

Old 12-25-2012 at 09:19 PM   #1
mac_5555

Liked: 3 Times

If there is a schedule conflict
Hey
i have a schedule conflict between my bio lab and math core (only 1 core)and there is no way that this conflict can be avoided as i have tried changing everything and if i change my lab it goes against my enviro sci core which is only one core and is needed as it is only offered in this semester. Since the lab is once every two weeks, i was just wondering whether the university will let me take the conflict. PS i know that the exams are never to be scheduled together as both the courses(bio and math) are mandatory for earth and life sci and their cores never conflict.
thanks
any help is appreciated
Old 12-25-2012 at 09:26 PM   #2
Rob Mac

Liked: 14 Times

there would have to be a lab that doesn't conflict with one of your required courses. as you said later exams are never scheduled together as both math and bio are mandatory there should be a lab as well.
otherwise yes you can have a conflict you just don't go to math class that day every other week

mac_5555 says thanks to Rob Mac for this post.
Old 12-25-2012 at 09:30 PM   #3
mac_5555

Liked: 3 Times

honestly there is no such lab since it conflicts with either physics(no matter which of the 2 cores i choose), enviro sci or math but thank you so much, i was freaking out that i'd have to drop one of the courses or take summer school or something. Thanks again
Old 12-25-2012 at 10:18 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by johal_565 View Post
honestly there is no such lab since it conflicts with either physics(no matter which of the 2 cores i choose), enviro sci or math but thank you so much, i was freaking out that i'd have to drop one of the courses or take summer school or something. Thanks again
You should clear it with the science academic advisors. Apparently they don't typically allow conflicts, so if you need to do it you should discuss it with them.

mac_5555 says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 12-26-2012 at 12:37 AM   #5
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

Make sure you do not have any in class tests/ quizes/iclickers for the math class, that would cause problems.

mac_5555 says thanks to lifesciman1 for this post.
Old 12-26-2012 at 05:38 AM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Is it that there is no lab time that exist or no lab section you can get into . With my nice electrical and biomedical schedule I have a conflict that is impossible to resolve since there is only one lecture core and tutorial time between three courses that conflict no matter what

mac_5555 says thanks to MacPack for this post.
Old 12-26-2012 at 07:21 AM   #7
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by johal_565 View Post
Hey
i have a schedule conflict between my bio lab and math core (only 1 core)and there is no way that this conflict can be avoided as i have tried changing everything and if i change my lab it goes against my enviro sci core which is only one core and is needed as it is only offered in this semester. Since the lab is once every two weeks, i was just wondering whether the university will let me take the conflict. PS i know that the exams are never to be scheduled together as both the courses(bio and math) are mandatory for earth and life sci and their cores never conflict.
thanks
any help is appreciated
Since enviro sci is not required for life sci, I would strongly recommend dropping enviro sci and selecting something else that doesn't cause conflict. Operating with a conflict is never a great idea, but can be managed somewhat in upper years. Your first year marks will determine your path going forward as many science programs are of limited enrollment. As a result, I would NOT recommend operating with a conflict at all. It could be a disastrous mistake.

mac_5555 says thanks to Alomar12 for this post.