MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grade Reports- results may continue gabriela.05 Academics 6 06-07-2010 04:26 PM
continue to 3rd year average maryam17 Academics 1 05-01-2010 04:44 PM
marks in order to continue.. xsanx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 11-12-2009 12:01 AM
may not continue armddm Academics 10 06-02-2009 09:41 AM

If your CA is less than 3.0, you may not continue at the University.

Old 07-08-2009 at 01:00 AM   #16
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
I actually handed assignments and got decent grades on most of them. However, I have an issue when it comes to the exams. I end up panicking while writing exams and as a result, I blank out. It's been happening for a very long time, ever since high school. So I always end up doing great on the term work but when it comes down to exams, I screw up even though I study.
That is EXACTLY what happens to me...

~KS
Old 07-08-2009 at 01:15 AM   #17
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
That is EXACTLY what happens to me...

~KS
Yeah, exams are never good when you blank on them. Especially when they are worth 50% each like most Commerce exams. :(
Old 07-08-2009 at 01:15 AM   #18
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Commerce exams are worth 50% in first year?
Old 07-08-2009 at 02:19 AM   #19
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Commerce exams are worth 50% in first year?
2nd Year.
Old 07-08-2009 at 09:52 AM   #20
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

You guys should go talk to CSD if you have anxiety issues during exams. They can set you up with your own private room to write your exams in.

I have a lot of friends with the same issue and they say having their own room helps.
Old 07-08-2009 at 10:08 AM   #21
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I can't see how you could end up with a 3.0 CA in any faculty in first year. You'd really have to slack off. There is no way they would let anyone in who just can't handle the work load enough to achieve more than 3.0 while trying.
While I personally have never had this problem I disagree with you on the slacking off part. Some students may slack off. However, going into first year is a huge transition. Keep in mind high school teachers are no longer there reminding you when assignments are due. Some people are half way across the world and not being around family or having a sense of familiarity can be extremely difficult. The workload is a bit more intense. There are so many other factors that need to be taken into account in first year which may cause a student's grade to be poor. However, once you're in third or fourth year if your grades are below a 3.0 that's when I have no sympathy.

Last edited by ferreinm : 07-08-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2009 at 10:13 AM   #22
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
While I personally have never had this problem I disagree with you on the slacking off part. Some students may slack off. However, going into first year is a huge transition. Keep in mind high school teachers are no longer there reminding you when assignments are do. Some people are half way across the world and not being around family or having a sense of familiarity can be extremely difficult. The workload is a bit more intense. There are so many other factors that need to be taken into account in first year which may cause a student's grade to be poor. However, once you're in third or fourth year if your grades are below a 3.0 that's when I have no sympathy.
Ya, I've realized that now after having read some of the better reinstatement letters people posted on this site. :p