MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering level 1 coop timetable review clouds First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-30-2010 04:42 PM
Branding and Web Internship Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 06-11-2010 09:52 AM
Commerce Internship after 3rd year? danman324 Academics 6 11-28-2009 07:15 PM
Academic review/ summer school marks lacus1004 Academics 4 06-30-2009 06:38 PM
Questions about Internship fuzzyskittle First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-11-2009 01:57 AM

internship/coop/summer job review website (and contest :) )

Old 12-11-2008 at 04:30 PM   #1
novastar

Liked: 0 Times

internship/coop/summer job review website (and contest :) )
This is my first post. I'm recommending a website: http://www.internshare.com. You can read about other students experiences with internships/summer jobs and you can write reviews of your own. There's also a contest where if you write a review you have a chance at winning $100. It's pretty awesome

Now off to catching up on all these other posts haha, but that's my contribution for now.

samantha__ says thanks to novastar for this post.
Old 12-11-2008 at 08:06 PM   #2
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

Boo... compulsory registration. I can't even get an idea for the quality of the content without registering, so I won't be looking any further into that.
Old 12-11-2008 at 08:24 PM   #3
novastar

To see the review content you do have to register, but not for the number of reviews and the companies that have reviews. Registration is to check your email address. A lot of reviews have good comments though for RIM, Microsoft, IBM, and AMD.
Old 12-11-2008 at 08:55 PM   #4
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by novastar View Post
To see the review content you do have to register, but not for the number of reviews and the companies that have reviews. Registration is to check your email address. A lot of reviews have good comments though for RIM, Microsoft, IBM, and AMD.
Fair enough, but without disclosing my email address and and name I can't see those comments and saying that they're "good" is very subjective.

That said, it's a nice idea for a site - I just think perhaps even a "view 3 then register" policy would attract more people (kinda like this site has)
Old 12-14-2008 at 08:34 PM   #5
novastar

hey, just an update, the contest is over, but a lot of you guys signed up, I'm impressed. It would be great if everyone else could write a review about their summer jobs, coops, internships. There's a lot of people from UofT writing reviews, show them that Mac is the best!
Old 12-15-2008 at 02:06 PM   #6
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

McMaster's Online Student Career And Recruitment site? Oscar Mcmasters

Old 12-15-2008 at 02:15 PM   #7
novastar

internshare is about reviews, it's not a job posting site. school's don't endorse reviews and ratings because it can interfere with getting employers to post jobs, that's where internshare comes in.

remember job postings are marketing material, you have to talk to students to know what the jobs are really like