MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac football blows huge lead dabulls General Discussion 8 09-20-2010 02:06 PM
McMaster E-mail Huge Issues IbrahimH Computers & Tech 13 08-30-2010 10:28 AM
Charity Ball Huge Success Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-07-2009 06:58 PM
Trick or Eat a HUGE SUCCESS! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-01-2007 11:03 PM

iPhone 4 has huge problems

Old 06-24-2010 at 11:10 AM   #1
williamhend

Liked: 0 Times

iPhone 4 has huge problems
First it was yellow spots on the screen

http://gizmodo.com/5571143/some-ipho...ine=true&s= i

Now it's losing reception when you hold it properly like a phone... since your hand short circuits the antennas somehow!

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-...yline=true&s=i
Old 06-24-2010 at 11:13 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhend View Post
First it was yellow spots on the screen

http://gizmodo.com/5571143/some-ipho...ine=true&s= i

Now it's losing reception when you hold it properly like a phone... since your hand short circuits the antennas somehow!

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-...yline=true&s=i
Lol, my brother is going to be so disappointed. He wants one so badly.
Old 06-24-2010 at 11:13 AM   #3
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Well apple always seems to have glitches when the first model comes out.. but the guy says he called and they told him to buy something to fix it and its not their problem... i agree they should give out the solutions for free since they sold a defective product
Old 06-24-2010 at 11:17 AM   #4
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times

they try to much to fast.

they don't test their products enough.
Old 06-24-2010 at 11:20 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassanova View Post
they try to much to fast.

they don't test their products enough.
We test their products for them XD By we I mean people that use Apple products... I don't :\
Old 06-24-2010 at 11:21 AM   #6
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

And I recently heard that theyre basically using a sweatshop to make their products.. like 30+ hour shifts for workers, making like $150 a month
Old 06-24-2010 at 12:42 PM   #7
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
And I recently heard that theyre basically using a sweatshop to make their products.. like 30+ hour shifts for workers, making like $150 a month
To be fair almost all major manufacturer use sweat shops
Old 06-24-2010 at 01:24 PM   #8
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
To be fair almost all major manufacturer use sweat shops
Yea I know its kinda a touchy subject. On one hand its totally wrong to take advantage of people and treat them poorly etc, but on the other hand no one wants to pay like three times more for an apple product. I dont know how i feel haha
Old 06-24-2010 at 01:38 PM   #9
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
Yea I know its kinda a touchy subject. On one hand its totally wrong to take advantage of people and treat them poorly etc, but on the other hand no one wants to pay like three times more for an apple product. I dont know how i feel haha
I just think it's a bit unfair that the specific factory you're talking about is being linked to apple because Apple decided to investigate the claims of unethical employee treatment there. That factory makes stuff for Sony, Microsoft, Intel, Nintendo, Motarola, Nokia, etc. and all those companies basically managed not to be linked to the factory because they ignored the the news media going on about employee suicides and unethical treatment.

You're right on one point, unless we get"fair trade" electronics (which would be a significant increase in price in most cases) we can't really complain about these factories. It's like going to a resturant, finishing and enjoying your food, and then asking for a refund because you think you might've seen a hair in it before you started eating.
Old 06-24-2010 at 02:52 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Yeah, sweat shops really suck. I don't even know why they use sweat shops. I believe that if they just switched to normal factories located outside that prices wouldn't go too high...
Old 06-24-2010 at 09:10 PM   #11
knox

Liked: 15 Times

When asked if you'd rather companies use sweatshops or if you'd rather pay more for your products, to shrug it off as a double edged sword is disgusting. We're talking about someone being used a slave versus you saving money.
Old 06-24-2010 at 09:16 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox View Post
When asked if you'd rather companies use sweatshops or if you'd rather pay more for your products, to shrug it off as a double edged sword is disgusting. We're talking about someone being used a slave versus you saving money.
All of human prosperity is built upon the backs of slaves.

Also: everyone knows you don't buy the first release of something, you let the suckers buy them at exorbant prices then wait till the software and hardware fixes come.
Old 06-24-2010 at 09:22 PM   #13
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I just think it's a bit unfair that the specific factory you're talking about is being linked to apple because Apple decided to investigate the claims of unethical employee treatment there. That factory makes stuff for Sony, Microsoft, Intel, Nintendo, Motarola, Nokia, etc. and all those companies basically managed not to be linked to the factory because they ignored the the news media going on about employee suicides and unethical treatment.
Yea I didnt mean to single Apple out as the only one, its sad but its kind of a given that alot of places use unfair labour. Its probably fair to say that places that use fair labour are the ones advertising/proving that they do. Like a fast food place that advertises it has no MSG, the ones that dont advertise it, probably have MSG.
Old 06-24-2010 at 09:46 PM   #14
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times

The Foxconn factory is not a sweatshop at all. It's pretty much a full city, they pay well compared to other factories, and one theory for the increased suicide rates (actually not even that high compared to national averages) is because of a really good life insurance policy payout to their families.

Talking about a first model here doesn't make much sense, this is the fourth iPhone Apple has released, the next time it's updated will be the iPhone 5, again an iteration on the iPhone. By now the first-gen bugs should have been worked out.

It's true that some people have reported on dips in signal when you hold the phone a certain way, but other reports show that most cell phones do this. Apparently it's more common than just the iPhone.

Ownaginatios likes this.
Old 06-27-2010 at 09:28 PM   #15
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

The blotches on the screen were just the bonding agent drying up and disappears in a few days. I guess apple attempted to ship them out a little to early.

And the signal problem is the same with almost every phone. It can easily be resolved with a case

dani.garc likes this.