MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
questions???? raveenaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-30-2011 05:21 PM
Questions.. Silver Residence & Housing 5 05-28-2011 12:35 PM
Questions.. kwyhan Academics 7 06-15-2010 09:52 PM
Questions!!! Pinakin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-11-2010 12:55 AM
Questions Daman K First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 09-07-2009 12:21 AM

Just got into Kin1Y03... QUESTIONS!

Old 09-15-2011 at 01:48 PM   #1
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

Just got into Kin1Y03... QUESTIONS!
So I just got into Kin 1Y03 () and i have a few questions...

Did we have a lab this week?

I heard a rumor there's a quiz tomorrow...? (I missed all of the classes wtf do I do)

Is the teacher a skeleton notes person? Or just one of those teachers that throw all the information on the slides and read them out loud.

Who's teaching it at this moment? So I can email them about avenue.

What chapters have we covered so far?

I'm not on avenue yet, so any more useful information I should know?

ALSO, if someone is able too... can they upload this years course outline?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sintos : 09-15-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: MORE QUESTIONS!
Old 09-15-2011 at 02:55 PM   #2
LHen

Liked: 0 Times

I took this class last year so assuming it is the same format:
- No labs at least the first week- maybe the first two
- I believe there is a quiz the first week but it is really easy general stuff and the quiz doesn't count it is just meant as a test for the first real test the second week
- All the slides are put on avenue and they are not really skeleton notes but throughout the lecture you will want to add lots of extra information to the basics that are given on the slide
- Not sure who is teaching, just look on McMaster's master timetable
- look on the internet the course outline will be there as kin classes do not generally hand out course outlines in class in their aims to be paperless
-

Sintos says thanks to LHen for this post.
Old 09-15-2011 at 03:15 PM   #3
lolliPop

Liked: 6 Times

I'm in the class, I think I can answer some of your questions.

1. We had lab this week. It was like an introduction and we watched a video and we had to sign some paper afterwards.
2. There is a quiz tomorrow. However, it is not for marks. It's just a way of getting used to the software. It will contain some stuff covered in the lectures so far.
3. If I remember correctly, so far the teacher has been using slides but she tries to explain and indicate what we should retain.
4. It is taught by Dr. Maureen MacDonald (you can PM me if you need her email or other stuff like course outline...)
5. PM me so I can email you everything we've done so far

Sintos says thanks to lolliPop for this post.
Old 09-15-2011 at 03:36 PM   #4
lis25

Liked: 0 Times

If your lab section number is odd then your first lab was this week. If it's even, it'll be next week.
Old 09-15-2011 at 05:22 PM   #5
shawafo

Liked: Liked 4 Times

May I ask how you got in because a friend of mine has been struggling for weeks to get in, aha?
Old 09-16-2011 at 01:54 PM   #6
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawafo View Post
May I ask how you got in because a friend of mine has been struggling for weeks to get in, aha?
On thursday, they opened the ten seats they had remaining at 9am. It was literally open all day until around 2:30. =(