MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-03-2010 at 10:50 AM   #31
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by melchizedek View Post
I didn't want to be like everyone else whose religious knowledge came from South Park or a first year philosophy class.
Everyone else = everyone except for him.

How pretentious.

MrFryingFish likes this.
Old 03-03-2010 at 12:01 PM   #32
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Everyone else = everyone except for him.

How pretentious.
No...the noun in his statement was 'everyone else whose knowledge came from south park.' Not simply 'everyone else.'

He's saying, he fit into that group before (people who knew nothing about it), and wanted to do something about it.
Old 03-03-2010 at 01:03 PM   #33
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I took it as an implication that everyone who doesn't agree with religion/isn't religious isn't knowledgeable about it, hence why I stopped reading.

His next post seems to clarify that he also disagrees with religion, and now reading your lastest post it seems he meant he didn't want to be like specific people whose knowledge of religion comes from only those sources. I read it as everyone else b/c that's what he said, the use of people rather than everyone else would have been a good clarifier in the original post, that's all.

I grew up as a Roman Catholic and went to Catholic school all my life and met lots of great, devoted religious people at Christian Summer camps and whatnot but when I got older I realized those kind of religious people become overshadowed by the crazy zealots.

I hate these people ruin organized religion for everyone b/c for some people they get a lot out of their faith and religion but that crazy nutbags like Westboro give religion a poor reputation. I hate that people use religion as essentially a justification for hatred, intolerence, war and any number of things are are the exact opposite of what Christ would have believed in if he were a real person.*

*Not saying he is or isn't, just pointing out how hypocritical certain factions of religious zealots are.

While I'm not sure I personally believe in God I don't think people who do are crazy, just that many people twist belief and religion into something awful and claim superiority based on their beliefs. Ick.
Old 03-03-2010 at 01:04 PM   #34
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

I've read the Bible. Turns out Jesus did it!

sniderj likes this.
Old 03-03-2010 at 01:13 PM   #35
Mowicz
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I hate these people ruin organized religion for everyone b/c for some people they get a lot out of their faith and religion but that crazy nutbags like Westboro give religion a poor reputation. I hate that people use religion as essentially a justification for hatred, intolerence, war and any number of things are are the exact opposite of what Christ would have believed in if he were a real person.*
Westboro is one walking contradiction. They believe that if God loves you, you will not die a painful death (hence they protest at soldiers' funerals, etc.)

However...assuming it's true...didn't Christ die the most painful death? (=><=)

I think just about anyone besides someone in the Westboro family, hates Westboro.
Old 03-03-2010 at 01:13 PM   #36
Kathy2
Elite Member

Keep gargling please
Old 03-03-2010 at 02:02 PM   #37
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
Westboro is one walking contradiction. They believe that if God loves you, you will not die a painful death (hence they protest at soldiers' funerals, etc.)

However...assuming it's true...didn't Christ die the most painful death? (=><=)

I think just about anyone besides someone in the Westboro family, hates Westboro.
I strongly disagree with them. But I don't hate them. I do my best to not hate anyone, even when the things the do make me extremely angry.
Old 03-03-2010 at 02:04 PM   #38
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

Maybe it's some kind of elaborate conspiracy, I wonder if someone on macinsiders could fill us in.
Old 03-03-2010 at 02:33 PM   #39
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Who is John Galt?

creen, Marlowe like this.
Old 03-03-2010 at 04:03 PM   #40
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
I strongly disagree with them. But I don't hate them. I do my best to not hate anyone, even when the things the do make me extremely angry.
Hate is a strong word but I reserve my hate for the likes of pedophiles, murderers, rapists, terrorists and vile people like Fred Phelps and his followers.
Old 03-03-2010 at 08:46 PM   #41
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

*snicker snicker*

check out campus tomorrow

.:callen:., porringa like this.
Old 03-03-2010 at 08:55 PM   #42
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

this should be good
Old 03-04-2010 at 12:26 AM   #43
drez99

Liked: 2 Times

watch it not even be anything from Campus for Christ ...
Old 03-04-2010 at 12:48 AM   #44
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

a whole bunch of them have been changed from kgp to kgb

Maegs, micadjems like this.
Old 03-04-2010 at 09:45 AM   #45
sew12
Elite Member

Holy crap, campus was spammed to hell last night with this KGP crap.

Why is it they're allowed to spew their religious propaganda all over an educational institute's property?

Its just getting tacky and ridiculous now.

Cintdrix, MrFryingFish like this.