MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Which is the best team?
Leafs 37 69.81%
Leafs! Just kidding, this one is for Habs. 16 30.19%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leafs A Disapointment :'( Infinity Athletics & Recreation 250 02-04-2010 05:23 PM
Leafs Suck! Leafs Suck! Athletics & Recreation 9 12-11-2009 03:47 AM
Leafs Season Opener!! Infinity General Discussion 40 10-02-2009 10:48 PM
Leafs Pre-Season Talk Infinity General Discussion 44 10-01-2009 12:44 PM
leafs tickets lorend General Discussion 5 02-16-2009 11:49 AM

Leafs vs Habs

Old 09-14-2009 at 10:48 PM   #136
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Ben, do you support what Habs fans do after the Habs lose a playoff game? (i.e. destroying the entire city, smashing stuff, breaking windows, breaking police cars, starting fires) LOL
Old 09-14-2009 at 10:52 PM   #137
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Ben, do you support what Habs fans do after the Habs lose a playoff game? (i.e. destroying the entire city, smashing stuff, breaking windows, breaking police cars, starting fires) LOL
Of course I don't support it, and generalizing an entire group into what only a few people actually participate in is foolish.

Either way, you would never see it happen in Toronto simply because the people who get into Leafs games are corporate stooges who only care about fluffing clients. At least real Habs fans sell out our games.
Old 09-14-2009 at 10:55 PM   #138
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Of course I don't support it, and generalizing an entire group into what only a few people actually participate in is foolish.
In my opinion, all Habs fans are the same. Just my opinion.
Old 09-14-2009 at 11:02 PM   #139
Jake

Quote:
Either way, you would never see it happen in Toronto simply because the people who get into Leafs games are corporate stooges who only care about fluffing clients. At least real Habs fans sell out our games.
Not true. Yes, there are corporate people at Leafs games but they all sit in the Platinum section. Other sections are filled with TRUE LEAFS FANS.

Also, I've been to a Habs game at the Bell Centre. There are a lot of "corporate stooges" there as well. BTW, Bell Centre's service sucks.
Old 09-14-2009 at 11:04 PM   #140
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Not true. Yes, there are corporate people at Leafs games but they all sit in the Platinum section. Other sections are filled with TRUE LEAFS FANS.

Also, I've been to Habs game at the Bell Centre. There is just as much "corporate stooges" as the ACC.
Go buy a ticket... oh wait, you can't. They're all sold out to companies.

This has been a problem for a long time... don't act like it doesn't exist. I can buy a ticket to a Habs game (if I try early enough). You can't buy a ticket to a leaf game unless you fork out thousands to a scalper.

Nuff said.
Old 09-14-2009 at 11:15 PM   #141
Kevin S

Quote:
Go buy a ticket... oh wait, you can't. They're all sold out to companies.

This has been a problem for a long time... don't act like it doesn't exist. I can buy a ticket to a Habs game (if I try early enough). You can't buy a ticket to a leaf game unless you fork out thousands to a scalper.

Nuff said.
Actually, it's quite easy to buy Leafs tickets without forking a lot of money. I can probably buy a Leafs ticket just as early as you can buy a Habs ticket. For example, here's an email I received from the Toronto Maple Leafs last week:

The 2009-10 Toronto Maple Leafs are here, KEVIN, and it’s time to reignite your passion for the Blue and White!

As a valued member of the Leafs Last Minute Club, we would like to offer you the chance to purchase tickets for home games in the first half of the Leafs Regular season before they go on sale to the public with an exclusive pre-sale.*

Click here and enter the codeword GOLEAFS on Thursday, September 10th from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to get your tickets!*
The 2009-10 NHL season is here, and a new era in Leafs Nation begins. You don’t want to miss your opportunity to be a part of the action.

Click here to view the entire 2009-10 Leafs schedule.

Go Leafs Go!

Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Club

*Tickets for the first half of the regular season go to February 2nd, 2010 game. Limited inventory available. Limit of 4 tickets per game and 8 tickets per person.
Toronto Maple Leafs Anthem Auditions
Have you ever dreamt of singing the national anthem before a Leafs game? Well here’s your chance! Come to Air Canada Centre on Sunday, September 20th for the official anthem try-outs. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. at Gate 1, and auditions will run until 5:00 p.m. No experience necessary and no age restrictions.

You have received this e-mail because you had previously indicated an interest in receiving information and offers from us concerning our sports and entertainment properties and facilities. If you wish to customize the type of offers and information you would like to receive or to opt-out please click here.
For a copy of our privacy policy click here.

So, it's not impossible.

Last edited by Kevin S : 09-14-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Jake likes this.
Old 09-15-2009 at 07:42 PM   #142
Jake

^
Awesome!

Leafs preseason begins tomorrow! Leafs vs. Bruins! I'm so excited!

Go Leafs Go!
Old 09-16-2009 at 08:32 PM   #143
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Leafs just lost their first preseason game!

geez... some things just never change...
Old 09-25-2009 at 11:06 AM   #144
Kevin S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
Leafs just lost their first preseason game!

geez... some things just never change...
Leafs are actually doing much better than Habs atm. Don't get tooo excited.
Old 09-25-2009 at 11:14 AM   #145
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

finally oct 1 is almost here
toronto maple leafs vs montreal midgets.

gonna be hell of a game!

btw im looking to see stajan get 50+ assists since he got 40 last yr w no real goal scorer.
we are the "center of the universe" because thats what the media or nhl refers to us by...its not the fan calling, its the media!

leafs > habs so far in preseason. just loook at their records.

Leafs GP: 6, GF: 20, GA: 15, P: 8
Habs GP: 6, GF: 12, GA: 16, P: 7

so much for the habs star power.....

Last edited by ice8 : 09-25-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Kevin S likes this.
Old 09-25-2009 at 02:02 PM   #146
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
finally oct 1 is almost here
toronto maple leafs vs montreal midgets.

gonna be hell of a game!

btw im looking to see stajan get 50+ assists since he got 40 last yr w no real goal scorer.
we are the "center of the universe" because thats what the media or nhl refers to us by...its not the fan calling, its the media!

leafs > habs so far in preseason. just loook at their records.

Leafs GP: 6, GF: 20, GA: 15, P: 8
Habs GP: 6, GF: 12, GA: 16, P: 7

so much for the habs star power.....
I'm not saying you are incorrect, but there are things to consider when looking at pre-season stats. You have to see what teams they have played against and if those teams were testing out their new recruits or if they were playing at full strength the entire game. Chances are that they were just testing out their recruits since no one really cares about winning in the pre-season.

Taunton likes this.