MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-03-2009 at 08:00 PM   #1
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Leafs A Disapointment :'(
Nothing, absolutly nothing is going right. After a great pre-season high hopes have come crashing down. Toskola is playing terrible, defense is shaky, offense is cold. I know its only two games but come on!!!

And wow look at Washington Captials... what a turn around.. although they will never win the cup!!! No matter how good oveckin is.

But OMG come on Leafs pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2009 at 08:29 PM   #2
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

6-3 atm

monster has been solid, the 3 goals on him were defensive breakdown.

1) he saved 2 shots, before th 3rd one went in...(defense..suppos e to clear rebounds)
2) breakaway
3)semin allowed to walk right in....

remember wsh is suppose to be the beast of the east this yr. and leafs to battle out for8th spot, so ddont jump bandwagons yet.

overall, horrible defensive game by the leafs...beauhemin looks like beta versio of mccabe out there

Infinity likes this.
Old 10-03-2009 at 11:59 PM   #3
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

That first goal killed the Leafs. The defense looked horrible. Beauchemin is having a very slow start. I must say that 2 out of the 3 goals, The Monster didn't have a chance. He made 2 pad saves before the third chance was put away on the first goal and the goal off Beauchemin was going wide. At least he was putting his body in front of the puck. Toskala was flopping all over the place, like we've seen before. I say The Monster starts on Tuesday against the Sens. My question is: Where was all the hitting and toughness that was advertised in the off-season? Washington was running all over us. When Ovechkin got the puck, it was panic time, the whole game. He looked like a man on a mission.

Infinity, Jake, John H like this.
Old 10-04-2009 at 12:21 AM   #4
ice8

hits were even a bit 24-22 in favour of Wsh.
The leafs died after the 3 goals in the first period, they had no momentum and in a building like wsh, which is full of energy its hard to come back.

Too bad leaf tix are like $250 for avg seats, otherweise instead of the suits in the front we wud have sum real fans.
Old 10-04-2009 at 08:31 PM   #5
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Now now now fellow Leafs fans and Leaf haters. It is merely 2 games into the season. Nothing to get your knickerbockers in a knot over.

Yes the goaltending has been spotty, yes the defense has more holes than Tony Montana at the end of Scarface, but let's be rational here. It's a completely new team, under a completely new direction, and it'll be a little while before they get used to their surroundings.

They were playing Washington who is, on paper, much much better than the Leafs, and we all saw it.

All I'm saying is, don't blame anyone in particular, and just BE PATIENT. They may be a little disappointing now, and it may take a while for Beauchemin to stop sucking, Komisarek to get out of the box, White to stop giving the puck away, and for Toskala to RELAX.

Sooo basically for now, the Leafs may suck, but I have faith. Maybe I'm the only one left.

P.S: I will admit that I found some hilarity in how stupid the Capitals made the Leafs look over the first 2 periods of that game on Saturday. Shame on me for being a supportive Leafs blogger...
Old 10-12-2009 at 11:12 PM   #6
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

What's going on!?!?!?!?!?

Toronto Maple Leafs (0-4-1)

:( :( :(

Old 10-12-2009 at 11:16 PM   #7
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

ahahahaha

I think I speak for all Habs fans....

John H, lorend, mgallant, Taunton, _Luu_ all say thanks to Matthew K for this post.
Old 10-12-2009 at 11:20 PM   #8
John H

Liked: 21 Times

^ LMAO, priceless.

It took the Rangers two periods to stop playing down to the Leafs level and won going away after the BIG, BAD, and oh so TRUCULENT solid Leaf's defense left Toskala high and dry again. Face it, this defense sucks big time. I must have missed their toughness when I went to the bathroom. Man, that Burkie is a great judge of talent. Sorry Leaf Nation, but this team is quickly tuning out the coach and his continuous negative message. It just goes to show you that if you beat on a horse long enough, it just stops running. I can't see Wilson lasting to Christmas and if a change is made, won't that make for a real tricky situation with Team USA and the Olympics. After listening to Joe Bowen call the game tonight, you sure appreciate Bob Cole and what he brings to the game. They keep knocking Mr. Cole for messing up names every once in a while. Well, Homer Joe blew so many names tonight, I lost count. Heck, he had Dubinsky in on a rush and he was in the penalty box at the time. Hope he can figure out the difference between a 5 and a 6 on the sweaters next time he calls a game. If he hasn't figured it out, Girardi and Redden don't even play on the same side of the ice. Even the Leafs play by play team, including Greg Millen rank at the bottom of the league. And go ahead, say what you want about Avery, all he does is contribute in all areas. He works the boards as good as anyone in the league. Forget all the noise around him. He's a pretty solid hockey player and that gives the Rangers one more than the Leafs have on their roster. Would love to see a replay of this result Saturday night. The look on Wilson's face said it all. The guy just doesn't have a clue on how to fix this mess that Burkie has saddled him with. He keeps looking down the bench and can't find any answers. If the media thought he was a PR... to deal with before, just wait. This guy is ready to explode!

Matthew K likes this.
Old 10-12-2009 at 11:31 PM   #9
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
^ LMAO, priceless.

It took the Rangers two periods to stop playing down to the Leafs level and won going away after the BIG, BAD, and oh so TRUCULENT solid Leaf's defense left Toskala high and dry again. Face it, this defense sucks big time. I must have missed their toughness when I went to the bathroom. Man, that Burkie is a great judge of talent. Sorry Leaf Nation, but this team is quickly tuning out the coach and his continuous negative message. It just goes to show you that if you beat on a horse long enough, it just stops running. I can't see Wilson lasting to Christmas and if a change is made, won't that make for a real tricky situation with Team USA and the Olympics. After listening to Joe Bowen call the game tonight, you sure appreciate Bob Cole and what he brings to the game. They keep knocking Mr. Cole for messing up names every once in a while. Well, Homer Joe blew so many names tonight, I lost count. Heck, he had Dubinsky in on a rush and he was in the penalty box at the time. Hope he can figure out the difference between a 5 and a 6 on the sweaters next time he calls a game. If he hasn't figured it out, Girardi and Redden don't even play on the same side of the ice. Even the Leafs play by play team, including Greg Millen rank at the bottom of the league. And go ahead, say what you want about Avery, all he does is contribute in all areas. He works the boards as good as anyone in the league. Forget all the noise around him. He's a pretty solid hockey player and that gives the Rangers one more than the Leafs have on their roster. Would love to see a replay of this result Saturday night. The look on Wilson's face said it all. The guy just doesn't have a clue on how to fix this mess that Burkie has saddled him with. He keeps looking down the bench and can't find any answers. If the media thought he was a PR... to deal with before, just wait. This guy is ready to explode!

I'm a hardcore Leafs fan, and ummm... I think I kind of agree with you sadly.

I can't watch this team anymore. It's just disgusting...what a way to ruin Thanksgiving Day...

Last edited by Kevin S : 10-12-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2009 at 11:40 PM   #10
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post

Sooo basically for now, the Leafs may suck, but I have faith. Maybe I'm the only one left.
FAITH?! What FAITH!?!?

....Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye!!!

Last edited by Matthew K : 10-12-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2009 at 12:11 AM   #11
ice8

I wont jump the bandwagon yet but if things dont turn around soon its all over. The leafs look as if they have no will to fight. That last period was ugly. THe whole team was just standing, leaving Toskala a shooting target. Wilson seems to have lost the players. BB wont pull trigger and unfortunately we dont even have our 1st round pick anymore
Old 10-13-2009 at 08:00 AM   #12
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

I really don't want to give up hope either. However if they continue to play like this, I don't think I have a choice. It's funny that this is front headline in the news in Toronto and the GTA (Brampton, Missisauga).

they're playing against Darcy Tucker and the Colorado Avalanche tonight. Let's get a win and hopefully this will be the start of a great season. Go Leafs Go!!!

Old 10-13-2009 at 09:43 AM   #13
John H

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
It's funny that this is front headline in the news in Toronto and the GTA (Brampton, Missisauga).
the media in Toronto and the GTA are Leafs crazy. They have nothing better to do but talk about the Leafs, even when they clearly sucks. It's LEAFS or nothing basically for the media in Toronto and the GTA, which is pretty sad.
Old 10-13-2009 at 12:16 PM   #14
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
Nothing, absolutly nothing is going right. After a great pre-season high hopes have come crashing down.
I remember someone telling me in a similar thread that "don't tell me it's only preseason" after the leafs won a couple of games.

PRESEASON DOESN'T MATTER!

Leafs suck.

syan9184 likes this.
Old 10-13-2009 at 02:49 PM   #15
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

The problem here is that people actually set expectations for the Leafs.

Guys! Don't you get it by now? If you believe the Leafs will come in last place, there is NO way you can be disappointed, even when that prediction comes true!

lorend likes this.