^ and we lost...

Old 11-20-2009 at 01:54 AM   #153
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
^ and we lost...
When you cant hold a lead with 29 seconds left, you kinda deserve it...
Old 11-20-2009 at 04:19 AM   #154
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
That's better than not making the playoffs.... like the past 4 years.

(It's like you were asking for it)
is it? tell me... what did they accomplish for themselves moving forward from losing in the playoffs... a bad pick?

well thats really not all that they accomplished but it helps me get to sleep at night, here in leafs nation :(

Also... and im not trying to make excuses here cause a team should be able to hold a lead for 30 seconds... leafs just can't buy a win right now... seriously. Phantom calls (happened in Dallas too), and the call in OT, where the ref decided he was right, that he had blown the whistle in time, etc. etc... these are hard times. but at least i have something to help me through it...
Old 11-20-2009 at 08:50 AM   #155
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy89 View Post
is it? tell me... what did they accomplish for themselves moving forward from losing in the playoffs... a bad pick?

well thats really not all that they accomplished but it helps me get to sleep at night, here in leafs nation :(

Also... and im not trying to make excuses here cause a team should be able to hold a lead for 30 seconds... leafs just can't buy a win right now... seriously. Phantom calls (happened in Dallas too), and the call in OT, where the ref decided he was right, that he had blown the whistle in time, etc. etc... these are hard times. but at least i have something to help me through it...
Yeah, that penalty was BS. Double minor Carolina hitting their own guy in the face. As for the call in OT, the rule is "the Referee may deem the play to be stopped slightly prior to the whistle actually being blown. The fact that the puck may come loose or cross the goal line prior to the sound of the whistle has no bearing if the Referee has ruled that the play had been stopped prior to this happening.", which is also BS. The players play til the whistle sounds, and the clock runs til the whistle sounds. The play should be live until the whistle sounds, not until the ref "meant" to blow it.
Old 11-20-2009 at 10:05 PM   #156
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

exactly this whole bs about "intend to whistle" is total bullshit. Sometimes it feels that refs are handing the games over to the other teams so they can get sum fans to come to their arena. However, i wont say tat leafs havent gotten lucky calls too.

ANyways, that "intention" also killed detroit the other day
Old 11-21-2009 at 06:46 PM   #157
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

GO LEAFS GO.

leafs getting luck calls? are you kidding me??? if anything referees are against the leafs. There have been so many stupid calls made. Honestly, football is the only came that is truly fair. MLB is pretty bad same with the NBA. NHL is there but its not as bad as some other sports. At least they allow for video review unlike MLB.
Old 11-21-2009 at 11:08 PM   #158
ice8

Well, Leafs got some lucky calls against Anaheim but besides that it has been horrible.

We beat the caps tongiht but could not beat Canes
Old 11-22-2009 at 06:38 PM   #159
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

You guys should write a letter.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-22-2009 at 07:55 PM   #160
ice8

Write a letter? I would rather get people to chip in some money so we can rent out a billboard near ACC saying MLSE sucks.

Anyways, Burke before WSH game stated that there will be a change coming if leafs dont drastically improve in next two games. Rumour has it hawks GM was at a leafs game and the marlies game this week. Also it involved a 2nd round CHI draft pick + Brent Sopel going to leafs for something. There might be more coming from CHI but its just a rumour. I wont be surprised if Burke tries to get another finisher on the line-up. Leafs can stay in the offensive zone for a min or two straight but not finish.
Old 11-23-2009 at 01:45 AM   #161
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

Its part of the game. Sometimes the calls aren't right but thats the way it is, sometimes they go for you and others against but you usually only remember/see the ones that go against your team. Hockey is too continuous of a game to have video replay. In football you can get away with it because each play lasts less then 8 seconds, whereas hockey can be minutes between a whistle, it adds too many variables into the game to be constantly wanting to go back and replay everything. Hockey as survived for 100 years without video replay i am sure it can last another 100 without it.
Old 12-01-2009 at 03:18 PM   #162
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Leafs Vs. Habs Tonight Baby!!!

John H says thanks to Kevin S for this post.

Jake, John H like this.
Old 12-01-2009 at 03:20 PM   #163
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

yay habs.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

John H likes this.
Old 12-01-2009 at 03:21 PM   #164
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Hell yeah! GO LEAFS GO!!!

The following song is dedicated to all Habs fan, especially Ben. Enjoy!

Infinity, Kevin S like this.
Old 12-01-2009 at 05:32 PM   #165
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

oh man leafs... are doing a lot better! hopefully they can keep it up!

GO LEAFS GOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!