MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-31-2009 at 10:25 PM   #106
Taunton
Elite Member
Program: Life Science & Geographic Information Systems
Year: Alumni
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 598 Times
Poor leaf fans resorting to typical rhetoric (montreal players are so dirty lol!)

Fact: The Habs have a better record than the Laughs
Fact: the Habs have beaten the Laughs in both meetings so far this season.

These facts are all that matter and are what counts. Losses will not get you into the playoffs.

Deleted Post Deleted Post
Add negative rating0Add positive rank
Old 10-31-2009 at 10:27 PM   #107
Matthew K
Program: Business
Year: First

Liked: 70 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
One final thing, please never every sing that good bye song again (epic fail LOL),

John H, maverick1990, Taunton like this.
Old 10-31-2009 at 10:34 PM   #108
kenneth526
Elite Member
Year: Third

Liked: 41 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
LOL LOL LOL
Also not to mention that if we had monster in net and Kessel in lineup we wud have beat u guys easy.
1. Montreal's backup goalie was in net
2. Montreal's best player (Markov) wasn't playing

You can't pull the Kessel card because the Habs didn't have Markov, and Montreal's defense with him is 100-fold better than it is without him (just ask Komisarek; how's he doing for you guys by the way?)

John H, mgallant, Taunton like this.
Old 10-31-2009 at 10:50 PM   #109
Joseph
Program: Health Sciences

Liked: 132 Times
I'm a Leafs fan but I'm not going come in here and bash the Habs. This game could have gone either way (I'm glad the Leafs got 1 point out of it). It was a tremendous game and the fans really got their money worth. It's a shame someone had to lose this one after the game I saw. Good work by both the Leafs and the Habs.

Both teams looked tired at times from playing last night. Halak looked solid and Toskala made many key saves. Nice to see the Leafs not giving up and playing harder right to the final whistle. They adjusted well to the OT after that late leafs goal which could have broken their spirit. Bottom line is that shootouts aren't a team game, and Cammalleri and Gomez are > than Stepniak and Kaberle at scoring.

Congrats to the Habs for the win. Both the Leafs and Habs certainly deserve more than their records show.

Just a note...When these two teams play each other, we (the fans) are all the real winners. This game had a playoff atmosphere. Anyone that doesn't enjoy this rivalry isn't a hockey fan.

Last edited by Joseph : 10-31-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Go Leafs Go, Jake, John H, Kevin S, Matthew K, mgallant, Taunton all say thanks to Joseph for this post.

Old 10-31-2009 at 10:59 PM   #110
Kevin S
Program: Commerce

Liked: 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
I'm a Leafs fan but I'm not going come in here and bash the Habs. This game could have gone either way (I'm glad the Leafs got 1 point out of it). It was a tremendous game and the fans really got their money worth. It's a shame someone had to lose this one after the game I saw. Good work by both the Leafs and the Habs.

Both teams looked tired at times from playing last night. Halak looked solid and Toskala made many key saves. Nice to see the Leafs not giving up and playing harder right to the final whistle. They adjusted well to the OT after that late leafs goal which could have broken their spirit. Bottom line is that shootouts aren't a team game, and Cammalleri and Gomez are > than Stepniak and Kaberle at scoring.

Congrats to the Habs for the win. Both the Leafs and Habs certainly deserve more than their records show.

Just a note...When these two teams play each other, we (the fans) are all the real winners. This game had a playoff atmosphere. Anyone that doesn't enjoy this rivalry isn't a hockey fan.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-31-2009 at 11:01 PM   #111
John H
Program: Economics
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 21 Times
Quote:

FINALLY a sensible Leafs fan.

As for tonight, it was an awesome game. No doubt, there was a playoffs atmosphere.

GO HABS GO!
Old 10-31-2009 at 11:22 PM   #112
Go Leafs Go

Liked: 1 Time
Quote:

I totally agree with you man. This game was probably one of the best games I've seen all season. I couldn't imagine how it would feel watching the Leafs vs. Habs in the playoffs. Boy...I'd pay a fortune to watch that live.

-Mike
Old 11-05-2009 at 12:07 AM   #113
Crzyrio
Elite Member
Program: Bachelor of Technology : Automotive

Liked: 106 Times
SOoo what do you guys think of Kessel's first game?

it was a sad game, they should have had that but kessel seems like he might make a big diff.

what yall think?
Old 11-05-2009 at 12:21 AM   #114
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times
So the Stanley Cup came through my town last week and I kissed it. Naturally I was worried about catching listeria, but they said I'd be fine as it hasn't been in contact with any Maple Leaf products in the last 50 years.

maverick1990, syan9184 like this.
Old 11-05-2009 at 01:00 AM   #115
Fight0
Elite Member
Program: MD
Year: Other

Liked: 141 Times
Uggh I really feel like watching a game. Stupid school work.
Old 11-06-2009 at 02:17 AM   #116
ice8
Program: Engineering & Management

Liked: 33 Times
I thought Kessel played good on his first game back. I just hope he isn't being rushed.
Old 11-06-2009 at 04:28 PM   #117
Jake

Liked: 107 Times
It's the battle of the basement dwellers tonight! Leafs vs. Canes. Both tied for 29th. Someone is going be 30th tonight, and it's going be the Canes.

GO LEAFS GO!

Kevin S, Taunton like this.
Old 11-06-2009 at 05:15 PM   #118
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times
^

Ben "likes" this. So, he's cheering for the Leafs. w00t! :p

Jake likes this.
Old 11-06-2009 at 05:28 PM   #119
Jake

Liked: 107 Times
Haha, I always knew Ben was a Leafs fan in disguise. :p

Old 11-06-2009 at 05:31 PM   #120
Taunton
Elite Member
Program: Life Science & Geographic Information Systems
Year: Alumni

Liked: 598 Times
LOL nice guise.

I actually "liked" it because what you said genuinely made me smile... I thought it was funny that you were treating fighting for 29th like a serious competition.

Or maybe I'm a leafs fan in disguise lol. As long as they're fighting for 29th (ie out of the Habs' way), I don't mind :p

Not a member of MacInsiders? Signup now and gain full access to our student community!
Ask questions, get informed, and get involved!
Closed Thread