MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-19-2009 at 08:57 AM   #61
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Now now guys, no need for heated discussion. We wouldn't want this thread to turn out like the Leafs vs. Habs thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
Last i checked, there were more hab bandwagoners than the leafs, and the fact that leafs have better fans.

Proof: http://www.spike.com/blog/top-ten-teams-with/87671
LMAO

Old 10-19-2009 at 01:05 PM   #62
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Last i checked, there were more hab bandwagoners than the leafs, and the fact that leafs have better fans.

Proof: http://www.spike.com/blog/top-ten-teams-with/87671
That's not proof of anything.

PS: Anyone who is not a Laughs fan would say that the Laughs need to be on that list, and arguably should be #1.

Keep cheering on your loser team.

Leafs- losers since '67
Old 10-19-2009 at 04:26 PM   #63
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
That's not proof of anything.

PS: Anyone who is not a Laughs fan would say that the Laughs need to be on that list, and arguably should be #1.

Keep cheering on your loser team.

Leafs- losers since '67
lol Laughs need to be #1? really. we are talking about the "worst" fanbases of the world. Your captain ran away from you guys last year and so did AK-46. Yes Sundin left us but he was like 38 years old and not playing good hockey at the end. Not to mention, the management refused to put a good tteam on the ice yet he stuck by us for 13 years.

"Losers since 67" seriously that sentence is said every year, and lets be honest here no leaf fan gives a shit about it anymore. We all know its true, and we just deal with it. Plus, its not like the Habs have done anything special since 92 (atleast leafs made it to conference finals!). Unlike the habs mgmt where they put a team on the ice that can make playoffs (not this year!), its a first round exit. Atleast the leafs mgmt saves the fan money from playoff tix, and refuses to put a team on the ice that even makes the playoffs. Lets face it this argument could go on for 50 years, but no teams will win. Lemme rephrase, no canadian team will win. The mgmt of all 6 teams is making way too much to be bothered to put a real cup contender on the ice. Ottawa came close but I can't really see that happening again. Canucks are good but not good enough for a run at stanley cup. I still don't agree with the fact about salary cap (yes it will be good for the future), but its main purpose was to bring in more money from fans by increasing the fan base at places like atlanta, tampa, florida, carolina, pittsburg etc. The term "you get what you pay for" does not exist in NHL. Coyotes, Thrashers, lightning are paying lke 20-30 for tix and have better teams than most of the canadian tix where prices are $100+ per tix. The Canadian team mgmt just doesnt care.

Maybe we should rent out one of those billboards, and put up a sign saying MLSE sucks rght beside ACC.

Last edited by ice8 : 10-19-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2009 at 07:58 PM   #64
RTinkess31

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
lol Laughs need to be #1? really. we are talking about the "worst" fanbases of the world. Your captain ran away from you guys last year and so did AK-46. Yes Sundin left us but he was like 38 years old and not playing good hockey at the end. Not to mention, the management refused to put a good tteam on the ice yet he stuck by us for 13 years.

"Losers since 67" seriously that sentence is said every year, and lets be honest here no leaf fan gives a shit about it anymore. We all know its true, and we just deal with it. Plus, its not like the Habs have done anything special since 92 (atleast leafs made it to conference finals!). Unlike the habs mgmt where they put a team on the ice that can make playoffs (not this year!), its a first round exit. Atleast the leafs mgmt saves the fan money from playoff tix, and refuses to put a team on the ice that even makes the playoffs. Lets face it this argument could go on for 50 years, but no teams will win. Lemme rephrase, no canadian team will win. The mgmt of all 6 teams is making way too much to be bothered to put a real cup contender on the ice. Ottawa came close but I can't really see that happening again. Canucks are good but not good enough for a run at stanley cup. I still don't agree with the fact about salary cap (yes it will be good for the future), but its main purpose was to bring in more money from fans by increasing the fan base at places like atlanta, tampa, florida, carolina, pittsburg etc. The term "you get what you pay for" does not exist in NHL. Coyotes, Thrashers, lightning are paying lke 20-30 for tix and have better teams than most of the canadian tix where prices are $100+ per tix. The Canadian team mgmt just doesnt care.

Maybe we should rent out one of those billboards, and put up a sign saying MLSE sucks rght beside ACC.
I'm not a Leafs or a Habs fan (I'm a Sens fan) but I would just like to note that Koivu is 35 and well past his prime and that he was with the Habs for 13 years as well.
Old 10-19-2009 at 08:20 PM   #65
ice8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinkess31 View Post
I'm not a Leafs or a Habs fan (I'm a Sens fan) but I would just like to note that Koivu is 35 and well past his prime and that he was with the Habs for 13 years as well.
Yes I know that full well, but if u are 35 you can still stay and lead the young guys and show em examples. I know he wants to win a cup but player like him could sign anywhere he wants (appropriate salary obv.), in next 2-3 years, and still be able to contribute.
Old 10-20-2009 at 07:25 PM   #66
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Yes Sundin left us but he was like 38 years old and not playing good hockey at the end.

Not playing good hockey at the end? Are you kidding? He racked in 78 points during his last year with the Leafs. Sundin was one of the most consistent player EVER. He didn't have any talent playing along side him, yet, he was able to rack in at least 75 points each year.

Also...Sundin didn't technically "leave" us. His contract expired, and he decided to play elsewhere, and same goes with Koivu. He didn't promise to stay with the Leafs.

I have to agree with Joseph, a lot of Leafs fans underrate the difference he made for for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Last edited by Kevin S : 10-20-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2009 at 07:44 PM   #67
ice8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
Not playing good hockey at the end? Are you kidding? He racked in 78 points during his last year with the Leafs. Sundin was one of the most consistent player EVER. He didn't have any talent playing along side him, yet, he was able to rack in at least 75 points each year.

Also...Sundin didn't technically "leave" us. His contract expired, and he decided to play elsewhere, and same goes with Koivu. He didn't promise to stay with the Leafs.

I have to agree with Joseph, a lot of Leafs fans underrate the difference he made for for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Yes Sundin was amazing and one of the most consistent players in the NHL. What I meant was he wasn't gonna be as good as he was after that year. He knew he wont be able to perform consistently on the nightly basis (look what happened in the Vancouver), although his playoff performance was alright (point per game).

Anyways as for now, I loked at the teams leafs have faced so far and how they rank in the standings:

MTL - 4pts, 13th place (on par with Leafs and shared a point)
WSH - 10pts, 3rd place in the east
OTT - 10ts, 2nd place in the east
PGH - 14pts, 1st place (tied in points w/NYR) in the east
NYR(2) - 14pts, 1st place in the east
COL - 13pts, 1st place in the west

So if the season were to end like that, then the leafs have faced the best teams in teh league (except for the habs), but it wont so I will wait and see hwo they fare against the mediocre teams. Anyways, most of these teams will see their hot streak end soon enough. Still sad to see how far we are from actually being a contender for playoff
Old 10-21-2009 at 07:29 PM   #68
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

For all Leafs fans:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-losing-streak

haha

Taunton likes this.
Old 10-22-2009 at 12:13 AM   #69
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

whoa the islanders won their first game!
which makes the Leafs the only team in the NHL without a win

Taunton likes this.
Old 10-22-2009 at 01:32 AM   #70
ice8

Im not worried. Leafs will get it together.

I am not sure why Hab fans are happy. All their wins have been in OT and their last one was only 2-1 margin, so much for the "top" line. (their wins hav ebeen against "non" playoff teams).

I still believe leafs will finish in front of habs in 9th place.

Btw, how are kosititsyns working out for u guys? O yea, they dont wanna play for a team like Habs!

So kostitsyns doesnt wanna play for habs, heatley didnt want to play for sens, but i dont see any current leaf play running abadoning ship.
Old 10-22-2009 at 12:42 PM   #71
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
ahahaha.......no, not funny.
Old 10-24-2009 at 12:50 PM   #72
Matthew K

Leafs vs. Vancouver tonight... it looks like they're going be (0-7-1) by the end of tonight haha.

This never gets boring!
Old 10-24-2009 at 09:02 PM   #73
Matthew K

Leafs lose 3-1 LOL

(0-7-1)

Taunton likes this.
Old 10-24-2009 at 09:39 PM   #74
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

yup yup.
although i have to admit, they were "okay"
LOL
Old 10-24-2009 at 10:19 PM   #75
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

They did play well in the third period (the only part of the game I watched). They just cant get it done.