MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-18-2009 at 02:58 PM   #46
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

The Leafs need to call up the entire Marlie roster up, and send down the entire roster to the AHL.

Schenn is really pissing mo off. He's a pylon this year. We could have traded Schenn, along with our 2nd draft pick to Tampa for Hedman. We could have got Hedman FFS. Burke trades are 2 1st rounders for Kessel? Burke are you dumb? Our pick this year could be a lottery pick.

Fire Burke, Fire Wilson, and call up the Marlies.

...can't take this anymore

Old 10-18-2009 at 03:09 PM   #47
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Part of the problem is that this team has no identity and no leader. When Sundin was captain, they had someone to rally around... he would've won a couple of these past games single handedly. People underrate the difference he made for this club. The second big problem is goaltending. Last night's game was a case in point. Leafs were the better team for much of the night, but Lundqvist bailed the Rangers out. It's true that we have no depth at forward, but it comes down to goaltending. If Toskala had managed to get the Leafs that first win against Montreal, they'd probably have had the confidence to win the Ottawa game and one of the games against the Rangers - we'd be just under .500, which is a more accurate measure of this team's talent. As it is, that Kessel deal gets worse with every loss.

Go Leafs Go, Kevin S like this.
Old 10-18-2009 at 03:58 PM   #48
Go Leafs Go

Liked: 1 Time

I totally agree with Joseph.

I’m done with the Leafs until they are done with Burke and Wislon, Wilson can never get anyone to play for him when it matters. Last time I checked, he benched Stajan and Hagman like last WHAT is he trying to prove there?!?!?! Why bench guys that could have a positive effect even though they are no good. Burke has a vision in his head that’s long dead in the NHL. When Burke won the cup with Anaheim, he had four players better than Kessel will ever be in the offence department. Fire them both…oh wait, it’s too late, Burke the Troll, traded away our fire round picks.

I’ve said this many times to a lot of people, and I’m going say it again here, bring back Pat Quinn (once he’s done with Edmonton). He's the only winner we've had around here in over a decade and he got a lot of mileage out of mediocre talent. He's the best coach for teaching positioning, which about 85% of hockey is and is especially required for a team with no elite talent who can't create ice for themselves.

-Mike
Old 10-18-2009 at 04:16 PM   #49
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

Its not that bad in the leaf land. The leafs were dominant last night against Rangers, but it came down to the goalies. Our goalie failed us, the team panicked and stared over-playing the puck defensively, leading to mistakes. Lundqvist was just amazing.

Btw, your habs arent doing much better than the leafs either. they are 2-5-0, 5 game losing streak. The 2 games they won were in OT! lol
Old 10-18-2009 at 04:34 PM   #50
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Leafs Go View Post
I totally agree with Joseph.

I’m done with the Leafs until they are done with Burke and Wislon, Wilson can never get anyone to play for him when it matters. Last time I checked, he benched Stajan and Hagman like last WHAT is he trying to prove there?!?!?! Why bench guys that could have a positive effect even though they are no good. Burke has a vision in his head that’s long dead in the NHL. When Burke won the cup with Anaheim, he had four players better than Kessel will ever be in the offence department. Fire them both…oh wait, it’s too late, Burke the Troll, traded away our fire round picks.

I’ve said this many times to a lot of people, and I’m going say it again here, bring back Pat Quinn (once he’s done with Edmonton). He's the only winner we've had around here in over a decade and he got a lot of mileage out of mediocre talent. He's the best coach for teaching positioning, which about 85% of hockey is and is especially required for a team with no elite talent who can't create ice for themselves.

-Mike
yeah i agree with you~ Pat Quinn was a great coach. Stupid JFJr. fired him... -_-;;
At least the leafs made it to the playoffs when he was the coach!
Old 10-18-2009 at 04:39 PM   #51
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

holy crap
i just looked at the standing and the Leafs have 32 GA in 7 games...
disgusting
Old 10-18-2009 at 07:38 PM   #52
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
Btw, your habs arent doing much better than the leafs either. they are 2-5-0, 5 game losing streak. The 2 games they won were in OT! lol
How many wins do the leafs have? Oh yeah.... zero.

2 > 0

They may not be doing well, but they're still better than the Laughs.
Old 10-18-2009
Matthew K
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-18-2009
Kevin S
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-18-2009 at 11:25 PM   #53
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Yeah, the Habs suck just as much as the Leafs. Their off-season moves were terrible. They should have signed Koivu and Kovalev back. Price is TERRIBLE.

GOLF HABS GOLF
Old 10-18-2009 at 11:28 PM   #54
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

lol, I really can't understand all you Leaf fans.

I'm not going to sit here and predict a Montreal Canadiens cup, BUT nor will I count out my team because I am a TRUE FAITHFUL fan and will stick with my team through thick and thin (unlike you Leaf fans). Gainey made a crap load of deals over the summer, and would I love to see Koivu back but that's not the case. Do any of you remember a younger Marc-Andrew Fleury, whom had almost exhausted all the penguins management patients? Who had trade talks swirly around him?? And we all know what happened the last two years with this guy. Oh and was it complete luck that he played best once he got his two best defense men back in front of him. HAVE FAITH. I'm not saying Price is going to win the Vesna, but I do know he wouldn't have been drafted 5th overall for nothing. And as for the new additions to the habs line-up. Did you see that first period and what they can do? Yes, no that will not happen 100% of the time, but they are still coming together. Now if this loosing streak goes to 7,8,9,10 games then there is something to worry about. I do believe that Gainey does need to get a top six winger for the second line. HAVE FAITH ALL HABS FAN!
Old 10-18-2009 at 11:39 PM   #55
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
The Leafs need to call up the entire Marlie roster up, and send down the entire roster to the AHL.

Schenn is really pissing mo off. He's a pylon this year. We could have traded Schenn, along with our 2nd draft pick to Tampa for Hedman. We could have got Hedman FFS.
Are you kidding me, Schenn + a 2nd for Hedman? a) You seriously thin k Tampa would have done this and b) Didn't Burke say Schenn is the only player on the off season roster than was untouchable?

Old 10-18-2009 at 11:53 PM   #56
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth526 View Post
Are you kidding me, Schenn + a 2nd for Hedman? a) You seriously thin k Tampa would have done this and b) Didn't Burke say Schenn is the only player on the off season roster than was untouchable?

my mistake, it was schenn plus first rounder for tampa's 1st rounder. Yes, he did say he was untouchable, but it doesn't mean he couldn't trade him. Hedman is going be a much better dman than schenn will ever be. I would have done this trade in a heartbeat.

Old 10-19-2009 at 01:10 AM   #57
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
lol, I really can't understand all you Leaf fans.

I'm not going to sit here and predict a Montreal Canadiens cup, BUT nor will I count out my team because I am a TRUE FAITHFUL fan and will stick with my team through thick and thin (unlike you Leaf fans). Gainey made a crap load of deals over the summer, and would I love to see Koivu back but that's not the case. Do any of you remember a younger Marc-Andrew Fleury, whom had almost exhausted all the penguins management patients? Who had trade talks swirly around him?? And we all know what happened the last two years with this guy. Oh and was it complete luck that he played best once he got his two best defense men back in front of him. HAVE FAITH. I'm not saying Price is going to win the Vesna, but I do know he wouldn't have been drafted 5th overall for nothing. And as for the new additions to the habs line-up. Did you see that first period and what they can do? Yes, no that will not happen 100% of the time, but they are still coming together. Now if this loosing streak goes to 7,8,9,10 games then there is something to worry about. I do believe that Gainey does need to get a top six winger for the second line. HAVE FAITH ALL HABS FAN!
Last i checked, there were more hab bandwagoners than the leafs, and the fact that leafs have better fans.

Proof: http://www.spike.com/blog/top-ten-teams-with/87671

Now to your point, first you guys predicted Carey Price to be the next Patrick Roy, then Brodeur/Hasek, and now Fleury LOL. Also, to think that in terms of draft picks (#5) does not mean a lot. Just because he was drafted #5 does not mean he will be amazing. He could be just an average NHL goaltender which is how he has looked in last 2 years. But once again the canadian base keep over-estimating their players, and then bailing out on them because they cannot perform at "their" level. Also, the fact that you thin Mtl is even near a contender for stanley cup is absolutely hilarious. You should be more worried about them making the playoffs! If you are relying on 1 D man (which seems like u are) to get you to playoffs, then I am sorry but u are not even close to the stanley cup!
Old 10-19-2009 at 08:14 AM   #58
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
Also, the fact that you thin Mtl is even near a contender for stanley cup is absolutely hilarious. You should be more worried about them making the playoffs! If you are relying on 1 D man (which seems like u are) to get you to playoffs, then I am sorry but u are not even close to the stanley cup!
Show me one time in my post I said that the Habs were a contender for the Stanley Cup, or even a playoff team. Read my post properly before you decide to criticize it.