MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-14-2009 at 01:25 AM   #211
ahmedsu
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Fourth

Liked: Liked 3 Times
Toronto Maple Leafs vs Buffalo Sabres -- Pair of Tickets for SALE!!!
I have a pair of tickets for this game which is on Monday, December 21, 2009 at 7pm

The seats are in Section 323 Row 12. I have 2 exams that day one in the afternoon and one at night so I won't be able to go. But they are a great way to start the break for those of you who are done!!!
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Add negative rating0Add positive rank
Old 12-16-2009 at 11:24 PM   #212
Willmountain
Master and Commander
Program: Kinesiology
Year: Fourth

Liked: 69 Times
Hey all, I don't know if you know already, probably not. But I'm a Leafs blogger on Leafspace.com and YouTube under the moniker of Willytheleaf. I've been very very lazy lately with videos, but I'm starting up again as the World Juniors gets started.

I am the kind of person who doesn't comment on anything in particular, but just my two cents on problems I see, or things I like, along with heavy draft coverage, and heavy international hockey coverage!

Thanks a lot guys! AND!!! If I hit 250 subscribers, I'll make a theme song written by meee!!! (And hopefully it won't be toooooo bad, since I'm a musician, and not just some dope.)

Here's some shameless promotion! Thanks in advance guys!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Willytheleaf

http://media.fans.mapleleafs .nhl.c...52&as= 122856

and if you like music, here's the ol' band!

http://www.youtube.com/user/fordaysmusic

Thanks again!
Old 12-17-2009 at 10:08 AM   #213
Infinity
Elite Member
Program: Science
Year: Second

Liked: 90 Times
tough loss... bad game...

god.. lets hope they bounce back.
Old 12-17-2009 at 10:16 AM   #214
ice8
Program: Engineering & Management
Year: Third
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 33 Times
hard to bounce back when your next 3 games are against buffalo x2, and boston.

Two teams that we just cannot beat.
Old 12-18-2009 at 11:56 AM   #215
Infinity
Elite Member

buffalo we can beat. boston... idk leafs blow it everytime.
Old 12-18-2009 at 09:11 PM   #216
ice8

wow once again we cant beat bufalo. Toskala needs to go. He is HORRIBLE.

Pierre McGuire said it best, "If you cant make a glove save in the nhl, you are not a nhl goaltender".
Old 12-19-2009 at 12:51 AM   #217
Kevin S
Program: Commerce

Liked: 128 Times
I agree Asad.

If there is one thing we can take from this game it's that the Buds are in desperate need of a number one goalie. What everyone needs to realize is Toskala IS a great goalie BUT he is a great backup goalie. He has the ability to come in and steal some games in small doses. He has struggled with consistency since he was given the number one role but showed amazing talent in spurts. True mark of a backup goalie. Guss isn't the answer either. Maybe in the future but for now he needs A LOT of work on rebound control. Don't be surprised if they lose the next 2 or 3 games. Toskala will win games but not a lot. Guss will win games but not a lot. I really hope Burke can bring in a true #1 goalie but Giguere is really the only one available but Burke will be hard pressed to strike a deal that will make sense. Not really much movable assets unless he moves prospects which will be a terrible move after trading our good picks away. I know what I want for Christmas!

Last edited by Kevin S : 12-19-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-19-2009 at 10:11 AM   #218
ice8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
I agree Asad.

If there is one thing we can take from this game it's that the Buds are in desperate need of a number one goalie. What everyone needs to realize is Toskala IS a great goalie BUT he is a great backup goalie. He has the ability to come in and steal some games in small doses. He has struggled with consistency since he was given the number one role but showed amazing talent in spurts. True mark of a backup goalie. Guss isn't the answer either. Maybe in the future but for now he needs A LOT of work on rebound control. Don't be surprised if they lose the next 2 or 3 games. Toskala will win games but not a lot. Guss will win games but not a lot. I really hope Burke can bring in a true #1 goalie but Giguere is really the only one available but Burke will be hard pressed to strike a deal that will make sense. Not really much movable assets unless he moves prospects which will be a terrible move after trading our good picks away. I know what I want for Christmas!
I think Gustavsson can be a number 1 goalie but I dont think it will be this season, probably next. He is still a rookie but has played great, except for the rebound control.

Toskala is most llikely gone this year, or if signed then it better be $1M or less. He is way too inconsistent and with a team like ours, who needs to win every game can't have inconsistent goaltending like this.

Joey Mac has been ok so far, and i think if we dont pick up a #1 we could do nex season with Joey and Gustavsson, and then in 3-4 years bring up Reimer from AHL. He has been really good there so far.
Old 12-19-2009 at 11:26 AM   #219
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
I think Gustavsson can be a number 1 goalie but I dont think it will be this season, probably next. He is still a rookie but has played great, except for the rebound control.

Toskala is most llikely gone this year, or if signed then it better be $1M or less. He is way too inconsistent and with a team like ours, who needs to win every game can't have inconsistent goaltending like this.

Joey Mac has been ok so far, and i think if we dont pick up a #1 we could do nex season with Joey and Gustavsson, and then in 3-4 years bring up Reimer from AHL. He has been really good there so far.
yeh he really needs to go. he is soooo bad. Gustavsson only signed for 1 year....

if only Potvin was in net....
Old 12-19-2009 at 03:02 PM   #220
reeves
Jedi IRL
Program: Classics
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 557 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
yeh he really needs to go. he is soooo bad. Gustavsson only signed for 1 year....

if only Potvin was in net....
If you're gonna live in the past, at least pick a good goalie, like Cujo or Belfour, not a guy who was barely .500 :p

Kevin S likes this.
Old 12-19-2009 at 09:44 PM   #221
chappy89
Program: Materials Engineering & Mgmt
Year: Fifth

Liked: 149 Times
shutout
Old 12-20-2009 at 02:43 PM   #222
Kevin S
Program: Commerce

Liked: 128 Times
Not the best game of the season, but a much needed 2 pts. Gustavsson was the key – a lot of nice work early in the game. Kulemin is the unsung hero of the team right now...game after game he is playing hard and effective, I call it paying attention to detail and hustling for all the pucks near him. He has worked hard on his PK and has done a better than average job. Primeau on the other has resorted to a less than average effort and it may be time to look at his ice time, he seems to be to comfortable and it's showing in his play lately. Hats off to Stajan, he came back, when a lot of guys wouldn’t after a hit like that. Stempniak also playing well...finally the player we traded for. As for Schenn, I like him but if I was coaching this team, he’d be on his way to the Marlies. It's getting embarrassing for both him and management for him to be in the line up right now. Maybe it's his training, but he needs to get faster and it looks to me like he's getting slower by the game. It’s very painful to watch. He needs a stint in the minors. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but probably a positive experience
Old 12-20-2009 at 03:23 PM   #223
John H
Program: Economics

Liked: 21 Times
I know this is a Leafs thread, but I want to chip in my 2 cents on Markov's return to the Habs lineup last night.

WELCOME BACK MARKOV! Great game last night!!! Put that C on your chest, and lead this team to the playoffs.

Once Gionta, Hamrlik and Pouliot get into the lineup we can finally see what a healthy lineup looks like. Nice win boys and good for you Halak, you played your heart out, you're a warrior.

GO HABS GO!!!

Matthew K says thanks to John H for this post.

Matthew K likes this.
Old 12-20-2009 at 03:44 PM   #224
reeves
Jedi IRL
Program: Classics

Liked: 557 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
WELCOME BACK MARKOV! Great game last night!!! Put that C on your chest, and lead this team to the playoffs.

Once Gionta, Hamrlik and Pouliot get into the lineup we can finally see what a healthy lineup looks like. Nice win boys and good for you Halak, you played your heart out, you're a warrior.

GO HABS GO!!!
No one cares :|
Old 12-20-2009 at 03:49 PM   #225
Matthew K
Program: Business
Year: First

Liked: 70 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
No one cares :|
I do, and so do all Habs fans

Markov does and will do what all great defencemen do for their team - stabilize and lead - we just became a much better team last night - Welcome back Andrei - this early Christmas present, we will take with pleasure.

GO HABS GO!!! VIVE LE MONTREAL!!!

John H says thanks to Matthew K for this post.

John H likes this.

Not a member of MacInsiders? Signup now and gain full access to our student community!
Ask questions, get informed, and get involved!
Closed Thread