MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rant but not really manap3000 Volunteering Opportunities 33 08-24-2010 07:44 PM
Rant. lawleypop General Discussion 28 10-20-2009 05:45 PM
Email Etiquette lorend Technology 9 05-26-2008 10:24 PM
Meals And Manners Etiquette Dinner Event Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-10-2008 07:39 PM
Meals And Manners ~ Etiquette Dinner 2007 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-17-2007 11:10 AM

Library Etiquette: Rant

Old 12-11-2009 at 02:25 AM   #46
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

So while I was writing my assignment in Thode today, there were these two guys who were sitting at one of the group tables behind me and all they did was eat and laugh. This kept going on for about 20 minutes and then they finally left without having done any actual work. HOLY CRAP.
Old 12-11-2009 at 12:26 PM   #47
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
I wish people wouldnt try to hoard computers like that.

I dont have the financial resources to afford a computer, so I have to use the school computers. I cant stand when people just spread their shit over a desk like they are claiming it. I wouldnt be surprised if it eventually degraded to people peeing all over the desks to mark them with their musk.

Sometimes to be an ass I shut down the computer so people will think it is broken. Not to save it for later, not hoarding, just when I am done so it will cool down. It is mean of me, but frankly you should always try to turn it on. People walk by, shake the mouse, and leave. I'm delightfully evil.
If you want a better chance of getting a computer, go to one of the computer labs on the second floor of BSB, or on the second floor of JHE. They are both underused- so even at the busiest times you'll be able to get a computer. There is occasionally a class in them, but that is pretty infrequent.
Old 12-11-2009 at 01:05 PM   #48
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:

I dont have the financial resources to afford a computer, so I have to use the school computers. I cant stand when people just spread their shit over a desk like they are claiming it. I wouldnt be surprised if it eventually degraded to people peeing all over the desks to mark them with their musk.

Sometimes to be an ass I shut down the computer so people will think it is broken. Not to save it for later, not hoarding, just when I am done so it will cool down. It is mean of me, but frankly you should always try to turn it on. People walk by, shake the mouse, and leave. I'm delightfully evil.
Similarly, I hate when there's a line for the quick access 5-minute computers in Mills, and when someone's 5 minutes runs out, they just open the browser and start again. That's really ignorant.

I saw some girl do that (while I was waiting in line to use one), and I said "EXCUSE ME. They are 5-minute computers for a reason. There's a line here" It was rude but I don't care.
Old 12-11-2009 at 08:56 PM   #49
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

I hate when I am starving and people walk in with McDonalds, or like right now, some girl just walked in with 3 pizzas and a bag of garlic bread of something.
Old 12-11-2009 at 09:24 PM   #50
creen

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
I hate when I am starving and people walk in with McDonalds, or like right now, some girl just walked in with 3 pizzas and a bag of garlic bread of something.
You should get up oh so casually and walk over and help yourself to some pizza! Don't say anything just act like you are entitled!

DO IT!
Old 12-11-2009 at 10:49 PM   #51
KayakerDan

Quote:
They should establish a new rule: if someone can smell another person's food, then he/she is entitled to have a portion of it.
Old 12-11-2009 at 11:22 PM   #52
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by creen View Post
I have another one to add!

You can't just leave your jacket on the back of a chair and some notebook you dont care about and expect your seat to be there 4 hours later, some girl did this and was gone the whole time I was at the next desk. 15 minutes 1/2 hour sure you wanna stretch your legs, or grab somethin to eat but 4 hours come on.

next time im turn your stuff in to lost and found ya *******
When I was in first year, I found an empty spot at thode (she put her stuff up at the top of the booth thing). I think I studied there for about 3 hours and she expected me to move because 'her stuff was there'.
Old 12-12-2009 at 04:12 AM   #53
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:

On a related note, I hate when people sit down in front of the Macs in Thode, then proceed to pull out their laptop and work on it, while leaving the Macs at the login screen.

People who do that: stop it.
Old 12-12-2009 at 09:17 AM   #54
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
On a related note, I hate when people sit down in front of the Macs in Thode, then proceed to pull out their laptop and work on it, while leaving the Macs at the login screen.

People who do that: stop it.
Whatz the point of that ??? lol

AAH ppl continue to amaze me

Old 12-12-2009 at 11:27 AM   #55
KayakerDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post
Whatz the point of that ??? lol

AAH ppl continue to amaze me

To see how much they can annoy someone else.