MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT - Lebron James signs with the Heat darklink121 Athletics & Recreation 10 07-13-2010 05:16 PM
What to do at Homecoming? DangerMouse General Discussion 3 10-21-2009 02:50 PM
"Economic Action Plan" signs on campus plutoz General Discussion 9 10-14-2009 12:46 PM
Do not disturb signs DannyV General Discussion 2 05-07-2008 07:47 AM

Mac Homecoming Signs...

Old 10-20-2009 at 02:40 PM   #16
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Lawn signs aren't tacky enough, we need a blimp.

Old 10-20-2009 at 02:42 PM   #17
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Holy shithole.

Why is the field in front of BSB bombarded with the signs? Totally unnecessary. o_O

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

danallan, Lois, Maegs like this.
Old 10-20-2009 at 02:44 PM   #18
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Obviously my opinion isn't the only one that matters. I'm not the only one who couldn't care less about homecoming and other people are annoyed with the signage as well.

Regardless of whether things are recyclable or reusable, there's an issue with "branding" of spaces. If someone were to cover the entire student centre with ads (paper is recyclable and reusable), people would be equally annoyed. Oh wait, that happens with the SRA elections every year. :|
Oh, so clever -_-. When elections are being run, people need to advertise. It not only happens on campus, it happens across the country when elections are happening.

Again, just because you don't care about homecoming, it doesn't mean it's not important.
Old 10-20-2009 at 03:05 PM   #19
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

So, something being important is a valid reason for flooding the campus with tacky signs?

If there were fewer signs, people wouldn't have an issue with them. Less is more.

misterp, plutoz, sew12 like this.
Old 10-20-2009 at 03:07 PM   #20
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

If you have complaints, please direct them to Ath & Rec, since they're the ones who are spearheading the operation.
Old 10-20-2009 at 03:07 PM   #21
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Why is it that the entire misanthropic population of McMaster sits on MacInsiders complaining about some thing or the other?

Dear people, most of the people who go to McMaster actually enjoy homecoming, actually go to the football game, actually support our peers, and actually understand that there is more to life than MacInsiders or DC++.

Stop whining, suck it up, and immerse yourself in student life. You might be pleasantly surprised to find that it's a really fun time and a great distraction from the stresses of academics.

conster, Mowicz all say thanks to deadpool for this post.

Old 10-20-2009 at 03:12 PM   #22
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

one house on my street has at least 40 on their front lawn alone lol

danallan, ytpos like this.
Old 10-20-2009 at 03:12 PM   #23
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Stop whining, suck it up, and immerse yourself in student life. You might be pleasantly surprised to find that it's a really fun time and a great distraction from the stresses of academics.
Just because people aren't "WHOO, MSU/McMaster!", it doesn't mean that they aren't involved in student life.

Iamanonymous likes this.
Old 10-20-2009 at 03:14 PM   #24
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Just because people aren't "WHOO, MSU/McMaster!", it doesn't mean that they aren't involved in student life.
I was just gonna say that.

I ****ing hate football. It's simple as that. I'll go to a lacrosse game, but not football. I'd rather sit in my room and hotbox it.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Iamanonymous, plutoz like this.
Old 10-20-2009 at 03:16 PM   #25
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Why is it that the entire misanthropic population of McMaster sits on MacInsiders complaining about some thing or the other?

Dear people, most of the people who go to McMaster actually enjoy homecoming, actually go to the football game, actually support our peers, and actually understand that there is more to life than MacInsiders or DC++.

I'm so excited for homecoming. I'm a little pissed because I have to write tests all day on Saturday, but I'm taking part in everything in between that I can. It's going to be great!
Old 10-20-2009 at 03:26 PM   #26
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Nobody says to go "WHOO". Homecoming is more than that. There are much smaller events, and a chance to meet alumni. Almost every homecoming I end up having a beer with some old Mac Alumni who tells great stories of their time at McMaster

It's when Alumni come back to visit their Alma Mater. It's important for them to see a strong student body and student integration into such events because it assuages them of feelings that the money they donate is going to a proper cause.

Moreover, homecoming isn't just about the football game. The game is quite important, and a lot of people capitalize, but there are many other things to watch:

There's a girls rugby game against Western. If they win, they go to Nationals.
There are also volleyball, basketball, water polo and badminton games as well if thats your cup of tea.

conster, Taunton like this.
Old 10-20-2009 at 03:27 PM   #27
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I was just gonna say that.

I ****ing hate football. It's simple as that. I'll go to a lacrosse game, but not football. I'd rather sit in my room and hotbox it.
For 10 bucks you can admittance to so many other games going on this week! It's all included in the Homecoming ticket package!
Old 10-20-2009 at 04:19 PM   #28
misterp

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Let's look at this sentence a little more closely:

I don't care about homecoming at all and I'D prefer it if OUR campus wasn't littered with crap.

YOU aren't the only person that matters. It's OUR campus, and frankly homecoming is an important event for school spirit and maintaining alumni support.

The signs are made with materials that are both reusable and recyclable. I don't see it as being an issue. It's a good marketing strategy.
U dont see it as being an issue. frankly the world doesnt center around u.

rrtt, ytpos like this.
Old 10-20-2009 at 05:06 PM   #29
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

You guys, calm down. It's a lot simpler than you're making it. If you want to attend the Homecoming events, then go. If you don't just ignore the signs and go on with your life. There are much worse annoyances in this world than a few hundred maroon signs across campus. And if they're really that annoying, just completely ignore them.

ice8, rrtt, Taunton like this.
Old 10-20-2009 at 05:17 PM   #30
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
You guys, calm down. It's a lot simpler than you're making it. If you want to attend the Homecoming events, then go. If you don't just ignore the signs and go on with your life. There are much worse annoyances in this world than a few hundred maroon signs across campus. And if they're really that annoying, just completely ignore them.
lol i agree, some people just need to mind their own buisness and stop giving opinons about other people's life. Let em do whatever they want.

As for the hundreds of signs, yet they are a bit annoying but are u the ones putting them up? no and do u havev something better to put there instead of that sign? no then shut up and keep walking. Theres plenty of visible gras to be enjoyed. And if it really bothers out, take em out and throw em in teh recycling.

Now as for other annoyances, time to go burn down that mlse building....

~*Sara*~ likes this.