MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT - Lebron James signs with the Heat darklink121 Athletics & Recreation 10 07-13-2010 05:16 PM
What to do at Homecoming? DangerMouse General Discussion 3 10-21-2009 02:50 PM
"Economic Action Plan" signs on campus plutoz General Discussion 9 10-14-2009 12:46 PM
Do not disturb signs DannyV General Discussion 2 05-07-2008 07:47 AM

Mac Homecoming Signs...

Old 10-21-2009 at 09:14 PM   #91
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times

jebus, the signs will be up for like 3 more days! everyone relax!

Old 10-21-2009 at 09:18 PM   #92
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
jebus, the signs will be up for like 3 more days! everyone relax!
Yea.

Everyone chill and come smoke a blunt with me. XD And play some guitar. Haha.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

tungo89 likes this.
Old 10-21-2009 at 10:14 PM   #93
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
A) you don't actually know how much or what money went toward producing the signs
OH LOOOOOOOOOKY. Concerns about the cost of signs.

Listen, the fact of the matter is, you don't like what is going on. That's special.. how about you and the rest of the 5 people dissenting hang out on Saturday while the rest of us go have fun.

I'm not particularly inclined to care about your opinion because you are attempting to argue in a manner whereby you discredit what I'm saying through gestures attempting to gloss over what you actually have said. Perhaps editing some posts might help.

---

Seriously though. Homecoming is sick. Don't listen to the people who aren't happy about going to McMaster and take it as a right of passage. I have fun at school, my friends have fun, and we are all going to have a ball at homecoming.
Old 10-21-2009 at 10:23 PM   #94
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Don't listen to the people who aren't happy about going to McMaster

I don't know if anyone has said they're not happy about going to McMaster.

Just because we're not fans of homecoming does not mean we hate Mac. (That would make us like those 'MERKINS who are obviously not patriotic because they don't support the war, or something like that)

Lois, sew12 like this.
Old 10-21-2009 at 10:47 PM   #95
Phoenix

I love how Homecoming is a time when we are supposed to be all enjoying our school and showing our pride in it, and this thread is just showing how divided we are. Like I said earlier, the signs are coming down in three days. THREE! Can we just get in the spirit of Homecoming and get united and save the arguing and rukous for Guelph's football team? The Maruaders have a very important game, as if we win this we get home-field advantage, how sick would it be to have a play-off game at Mac where everyone will be going crazy.

àlacarte says thanks to Phoenix for this post.
Old 10-22-2009 at 07:54 AM   #96
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
I don't know if anyone has said they're not happy about going to McMaster.

Just because we're not fans of homecoming does not mean we hate Mac. (That would make us like those 'MERKINS who are obviously not patriotic because they don't support the war, or something like that)
Exactly. I'm very happy with McMaster.

Also I'd like to clarify I never even said I don't like home coming. I don't go it just because its not really my thing but I'm not against it, I know lots of people who enjoy it.

Some people here are so ridiculous. They're making broad generalizations and claims about what people who didn't care for the signs actually. I never said I didn't like the signs b/c I'm anti-home coming and I never said I particularly cared how much they cost.

Not liking a bazillion signs does not equal being against home coming or McMaster.
Old 10-22-2009 at 08:17 AM   #97
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times

Just a reminder for all faculties to get out and vote today!
Old 10-22-2009 at 09:45 AM   #98
Phoenix

wooo voting!
Old 10-22-2009 at 09:56 AM   #99
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
This comment is so ridiculous. You have your own program and your own resources that you pay for with your tuition. I pay tuition for my program and to use the resources available with my program.

Also there are lots of other computer labs on campus with faculty specific software on them.

As if excessive signs for home coming and program/faculty specific resources are the same thing.

This is like me saying I'd rather not have my tuition money go towards the Health Sci library because Health Science students get access to the study rooms in there first above all other students.

Bad example.
But you aren't barred from using any of the computers in Engineering, are you?
Old 10-22-2009 at 12:00 PM   #100
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by madquarker View Post
But you aren't barred from using any of the computers in Engineering, are you?
Anyone can use the Multimedia labs on the 2nd floor of TSH as long as there's no class going on. There's two with PCs and one with Macs.
Old 10-22-2009 at 12:10 PM   #101
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Aaaand now most of those signs are just dangerous metal poles
Old 10-22-2009 at 12:20 PM   #102
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Aaaand now most of those signs are just dangerous metal poles
Yep, looks like lots of people are taking them to put in their houses.
Old 10-22-2009 at 02:00 PM   #103
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
Anyone can use the Multimedia labs on the 2nd floor of TSH as long as there's no class going on. There's two with PCs and one with Macs.
I think he was specifically referring to the locked lab on the 2nd floor. Its around the corner from TSH 201 and up a small set of stairs. You're correct though, there are 3 other labs on the 2nd floor of TSH that have things like Photoshop on them. As long as there isn't a tutorial running in the lab at the time you could walk in and use the software on those computers. The times tutorials are in each lab are posted on the door so other students know when the computers in the lab will be free.

Either way it was a stupid comment. If you're not in the program you don't need to use the software in that lab to complete your project. Also students in the program pay tuition too, its not as if we get into McMaster for free and get to use stuff other faculties payed for. Finally we actually have to pay for a key to have access to the lab. The comment was rude an uncalled for and didn't even make their point properly b/c signs and software used in specific programs are completely different.

As for computers with software for the Engineering programs I have no idea if I'm allowed to use them or not because I'm not in Engineering and therefore don't need that software to complete my school work.
Old 10-22-2009 at 02:16 PM   #104
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
I think he was specifically referring to the locked lab on the 2nd floor. Its around the corner from TSH 201 and up a small set of stairs. You're correct though, there are 3 other labs on the 2nd floor of TSH that have things like Photoshop on them. As long as there isn't a tutorial running in the lab at the time you could walk in and use the software on those computers. The times tutorials are in each lab are posted on the door so other students know when the computers in the lab will be free.

Either way it was a stupid comment. If you're not in the program you don't need to use the software in that lab to complete your project. Also students in the program pay tuition too, its not as if we get into McMaster for free and get to use stuff other faculties payed for. Finally we actually have to pay for a key to have access to the lab. The comment was rude an uncalled for and didn't even make their point properly b/c signs and software used in specific programs are completely different.

As for computers with software for the Engineering programs I have no idea if I'm allowed to use them or not because I'm not in Engineering and therefore don't need that software to complete my school work.
I took two Multimedia courses last year, and we weren't even allowed in the locked lab..I would think it has expensive/complicated equipment in it or something that would mean you need special access to it, like music students get practice room keys

And like you, I've never even tried using the Engineering computers, I wouldn't even know where to go looking for them lol
Old 10-22-2009 at 02:39 PM   #105
Sammcmaster
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation

Liked: 10 Times

A Great Start to Homecoming

Last night the McMaster men’s lacrosse team defeated
Wilfrid Laurier 14-10, the McMaster men’s waterpolo
team knocked off Western 13-6 and Campus programming
sold out the Arkell’s concert.

As of 11:30 AM today, McMaster Homecoming football
tickets are 60% sold.

McMaster Athletics and Recreation strongly encourages
you to purchase your Homecoming football tickets in
ADVANCE of the game.

Tickets are available at the Compass Information Centre
and at the Business Office in the David Braley Athletic Centre.

For more information about Homecoming 2009 visit the
McMaster Marauder Website at www.marauders.ca

Taunton likes this.