MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Anyone going to Mo-Mac Nursing ? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2010 11:47 AM
CPR course for nursing? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-18-2010 07:31 PM

Mac Nursing

Old 04-13-2011 at 09:13 PM   #151
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamititus View Post
Hm, old thread so no one may reply buuuut, I have a question.

Is there anything I should make a point of reviewing from high school before I go into Nursing? Bio and chem are a given I take it but what about math?
Stats related things, kin/health (if you took it in hs), reading and writing essays, and note taking habits. Start reading again if its not you thing would be my advice.. practicing your writing ability on a site like this helps too!
Old 04-13-2011 at 09:28 PM   #152
tamititus

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Stats related things, kin/health (if you took it in hs), reading and writing essays, and note taking habits. Start reading again if its not you thing would be my advice.. practicing your writing ability on a site like this helps too!
Alright! Thanks so much!
Old 04-13-2011 at 11:23 PM   #153
Sideout

Liked: 6 Times

You may want to review academic essay-writing and APA 6th edition format...there will be several papers to write each term. Personally, I wouldn't worry about 'reading again' because you'll be doing a lot of reading once school starts. Just relax and be ready to work hard when the term begins.
Old 04-14-2011 at 11:58 AM   #154
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Bio and chem are good things to review. If you took data, that might be helpful for stats. If you're a keener, you can start reading up on anatomy and physiology, as well as pathophysiology. But you can learn this in school anyway
Old 04-14-2011 at 11:04 PM   #155
MasudFX

Liked: 0 Times

I'm a guy and want to be with a lot of woman.. want be like that promiscuous girl from nelly furtados song with the big guy

I came to the western countries for that.. and my friend said I can do this in nursing?
I dont know is nursing be the right thing for me or is there any more better program for that??
Old 04-14-2011 at 11:10 PM   #156
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasudFX View Post
I'm a guy and want to be with a lot of woman.. want be like that promiscuous girl from nelly furtados song with the big guy

I came to the western countries for that.. and my friend said I can do this in nursing?
I dont know is nursing be the right thing for me or is there any more better program for that??
Pathetic.
Old 07-21-2011 at 11:07 PM   #157
Evanesce

I just realized that my elective 1BB3 conflicts with my nursing courses.
Why is it so hard to find non-conflicting electives? TT___TT
Old 07-22-2011 at 12:03 AM   #158
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanesce View Post
I just realized that my elective 1BB3 conflicts with my nursing courses.
Why is it so hard to find non-conflicting electives? TT___TT
It happens all the time :(. It sucks, but there's no way around it if your elective has just one core :(
Old 07-23-2011 at 10:50 AM   #159
Evanesce

Thanks, I ended up taking an evening class instead. The day class was full but conflicts anyways XD
Hopefully, it'll work out :<