MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Anyone going to Mo-Mac Nursing ? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2010 11:47 AM
CPR course for nursing? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-18-2010 07:31 PM

Mac Nursing

Old 08-06-2008 at 09:44 PM   #106
twindy

Liked: 0 Times

algebra is not involved in data management is it?
Old 08-06-2008 at 09:45 PM   #107
twindy

can u tell me how the nursing program goes after aout two months?
Old 08-06-2008 at 09:52 PM   #108
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindy View Post
algebra is not involved in data management is it?
from what my friends have said.. data management doesnt have that much algebra in it.. alot of probability stuff, statistics, word problems, and even math.. projects. haha. oh and some stuff is done on the computer.
Old 08-06-2008 at 10:31 PM   #109
SaraM

hmmmmmm

do you have the date/month/year thing proper...
and no spaces....

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-07-2008 at 07:25 AM   #110
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

yup! YYYYMMDD right?? and i know for sure my student id number is right.. :\

Old 08-08-2008 at 08:51 AM   #111
nafsin

hello fellow nurses! =]

i have a quick question...i have a bit of conflict in my schedule and i need to switch around some of my classes. the best option i have is to take NURSING CO3 along with LO3 to make room for my other classes. however, the location of this class is stated as "MOHAWK/CAMPUS". does any of you know whether this can also imply that it will be in the mcmaster campus?
Old 08-08-2008 at 09:22 AM   #112
nafsin

hey! ur not alone...i'm struggling here too...learnlink says that my info is incorrect, which i'm pretty sure is not...
Old 08-08-2008 at 01:13 PM   #113
shleyaa

hey nafsin! i just checked the master timetable, and it looks like it will be on the mcmaster campus... i guess when it says MOHAWK/CAMPUS they mean MOHAWK/MCMASTER CAMPUS, since under notes it says 'IAHS' .. which is hte institute for applied health sciences (which is at mac, lol). aand as for the learnlink thing...perhaps we should wait for september...maybe ours accounts haven't been set up yet? i doubt it though, since the nursing orientation guide recommended getting a head start on exploring it. eh well.

Old 08-08-2008 at 01:38 PM   #114
nafsin

hey ashley! LOL, yeaa u know what...i looked that up as well just now. however, i spoke to a rep for solar level 1 registration & apparently the CO3, even tho it takes place in IAHS, it is only intended for for the Mohawk students. but i have gotten in contact with another rep who should reply shortly

but thnx for the reply! and yeaaa, that nursing guide got me excited so i've also been trying to get a head start. btw, are u attending the faculty events on welcome week? =] wahooo. i can't waitttt!!
Old 08-08-2008 at 01:50 PM   #115
shleyaa

aww, well that sucks. what kind of conflicts do you have with your schedule? i'm surprised i don't have any :| though, my only complaint is that i have night psychology classes (which i will try to change come monday). i hope everything works out with your timetable...i'm sure they'll do something to fix whatever's wrong aand i am absolutely, most definitely, attending the faculty events on welcome week! i don't know what else i would do, hahah. oo, btw what electives are you taking?

Old 08-08-2008 at 02:19 PM   #116
nafsin

i have a conflict with the chem 1a03 and nursing 1f04. and yea, those evening psych classes aren't exactly the greatest...i've also heard how there are so many ppl taking psych that many of the lectures are online.

my electives include chem 1a03 and 1aa3, and art history =] for now, i'm trying to find alternatives. it really sucks how us nursing students need special permission for so many of the science classes...which really is such a hassle! i'm thinking of taking molecular and cell biology and english as a replacement for the 6 units of chem.

what electives have u chosen
Old 08-08-2008 at 02:25 PM   #117
shleyaa

woow, you're taking chemistry? you must be brave! biochemistry I is enough for me for first year...don't get me wrong, i loved chemistry in highschool...but i took AP so i think i've had enough of it haha. i'll be taking linguistics 1A03, human geography and history of music as my electives, which i'm REALLY excited about. will you be living on res? lol..i think it'd be easier if we continued our chat on facebook, if you have it. add mee (ashley siharath).

Old 08-08-2008 at 09:42 PM   #118
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

you guys. i also have conflicts. lol.
damnnn hahah
hopefully the classes arent super full yet! *crosses fingers*
Old 08-08-2008 at 09:44 PM   #119
SaraM

If you have a conflict with you nursing class and your elective, you need to change you elective.... because the faculty is so small, nursing class times do not change...

so you'll probably have to spend more painful time trying to find subjects that interest you, as well as fit in your schedule.

also getting special permission might be tough as they reserce alot of the spaces for science faculty.... and if you are a mac stream student, you can only take classes offered by mac

i'm scared for you taking all of this science... trust me... even if you were amazing at science in highschool.... i loved bio and chem and my marks reflected (90s) that... i steered clear of the sciences because the nursing program is so science based...
trust me, you will have your hands full with the essays, labs, midterms and exams of anatomy, and although biochem is not as intense, you will still have to work hard to get a decent mark.

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-08-2008 at 09:45 PM   #120
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
you guys. i also have conflicts. lol.
damnnn hahah
hopefully the classes arent super full yet! *crosses fingers*