MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Anyone going to Mo-Mac Nursing ? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2010 11:47 AM
CPR course for nursing? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-18-2010 07:31 PM

Mac Nursing

Old 08-05-2008 at 10:28 PM   #91
SaraM

Liked: 0 Times

well, data management is definitely the easiest out of all the gr. 12 maths...

when i was in highschool (2yrs), advanced functions and calculus were combined... so in my mind, they are one in the same....
but now they've split the course into advanced functions and calculus....
i didnt find it too bad (86% i believe)... but i had great teacher and enjoyed it....

if you know you're weak in math, i would steer clear of it... just so you can guarentee yourself a better mark to get into the mac program! you won't be using any advanced functions in the program, and data management will help you will stats in second year.

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-05-2008 at 10:30 PM   #92
twindy

oh alright, and do you know if the universities look at the grade 11 marks or do they just look at the grade 12 midterm mark when you apply then 2nd semester marks?
Old 08-05-2008 at 10:33 PM   #93
SaraM

hmmm,
well i'm not entirely sure,
but they do have early acceptance that if your semester 1 marks are high enough, they might check out your grade 11 grades... and accept you in...

but your gr. 11 marks would never prevent an acceptance.... because if you were just around or below the average, they wait until 2nd sem. to see if your yearly average is high enough.

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-05-2008 at 10:38 PM   #94
twindy

oh ok... and umm do you know any good dtudy tips for biology and chem??
Old 08-05-2008 at 10:40 PM   #95
SaraM

biology....
pay attention in class. take intense notes... its mostly memorization about dna and ribosomes and whatnot...

chem....
geeez! it sucked hard....

do the questions your teacher assigns....
they give them to you to practice... and then give the same kind of format on the tests...
and go for extra help if you do not understand a concept!
the course builds on concepts learned from gr. 11 chem
!

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-05-2008 at 10:43 PM   #96
twindy

alright.... one more question lol is their a lot of diversity in McMaster (not just asians) but blacks, middle easterns and people from other places around the world?
Old 08-05-2008 at 10:52 PM   #97
SaraM

mcmaster is so diverse....
i'm white and came from a majority white school (oakville catholic.... )
so coming to university was a great learning experience...

i met so many new people of different races and religions...in classes, in res, in my faculty

even got to try their food... ahah
and the university attempts to accomadate everyone...
for example, and one of my new favourites... butter chicken on mondays at commons, chicken schwarma (sp?), stir fry.

every race/religion/interest possible even has their own club...
http://www.msu.mcmaster.ca/clubs/listings.php

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-05-2008 at 11:13 PM   #98
twindy

wow okay,, thankyou so much for your help.
Old 08-06-2008 at 12:03 AM   #99
SaraM

no problem!

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-06-2008 at 12:32 AM   #100
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

question! how long does the TB test.. and the serology tests usually take?? I havent started that yet.. such I be worried? o.o
Old 08-06-2008 at 12:36 AM   #101
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindy View Post
is data management a bit easy? and what is advanced functions like?
I didnt take data management, but I took Advanced Functions last year.. it was actually very easy for me... even though i'd say.. im A LITTLE above average in math ability..

...in grade 11 math, I finished with only an 84... but in grade 12.. i bumped up to a 93!! crazy eh? But yeah.. i also heard data is even easier!! but i know some people who had a little bit of trouble with it. it seems like its the most "common sense" and practical one out of the three.
Old 08-06-2008 at 12:51 AM   #102
SaraM

dont be worried...blood work takes a couple weeks (max.)
and tb. test takes about 14 days, 1st step: injection then read after 2 days, then you wait 1-3 weeks (most likely a week depending on doctor) 2nd step:injection 2 days

make sure to get the forms filled out properly (theyre a headache) and to get a copy of your titre results from your doctor after the lab gives back the results.

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-06-2008 at 12:52 AM   #103
SaraM

93 is a little MORE than above average... aha

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-06-2008 at 03:16 PM   #104
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

hey daveyy *waves*
my TB test took about a week...you go in, get the shot...go back 2 days later. then you go in again one week from the day you first got the shot, and get it checked again 2 days after that. for the serology stuff, you get your blood taken and it takes about 2 weeks for the results to come back. soo, i think you'd be okay if you get them done now, but don't hold it off for toooo long

Old 08-06-2008 at 03:27 PM   #105
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

learnlink
haha oops, i didnt even realize ur question was already answered! anyway, i'm trying to log into this learnlink thing, get used to it before school starts. buut when i try logging in, it says my id is incorrect. but i'm PRETTY sure it isn't. USERNAME: student ID number, PASSWORD: date of birth -- right? but it still isn't working :\