MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
macinsiders ftw! lawleypop General Discussion 48 04-23-2010 08:32 PM
A Monster Love Story of Cultural Proportions Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 01-07-2008 09:04 AM
Mike Long - Dancing Project Chad ARCHIVES 0 10-30-2007 04:30 PM
All About MacInsiders Chad General Discussion 4 08-01-2007 11:55 PM
All About MacInsiders Chad MacInsiders 2 08-01-2007 08:31 AM

Macinsiders Get-together of Mike-tastic proportions

Old 08-19-2009 at 09:34 AM   #91
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Just say "that Boston Pizza near Fortinos".

Everyone will know exactly where you mean :p.
Apparently I'm not everyone. :(

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

manu, niteskie like this.
Old 08-19-2009 at 09:34 AM   #92
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:

Done

I did put an address and map though, for those who don't know where it is.
- Moulton Hall

Last edited by crucif3x : 08-19-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2009 at 11:17 AM   #93
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:

Lol, not all first years would know though.
Old 08-19-2009 at 11:18 AM   #94
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Yuuuuup, Boston Pizza is west of McMaster on Main St (south of campus). You can't miss it.
Old 08-19-2009 at 11:28 AM   #95
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Lol, not all first years would know though.
They will soon enough... after they realize how much of an impact their meal cards has taken after only the first few days of welcome week.
Old 08-19-2009 at 11:31 AM   #96
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
They will soon enough... after they realize how much of an impact their meal cards has taken after only the first few days of welcome week.
You know... people kept telling me how much they were spending on food, but I spent 20 dollars a day, went home every 2-3 weeks, had the average meal plan, and had 700 dollars left when I had to move out. I dunno how people ran out of money like the month before. xD

Old 08-19-2009 at 11:58 AM   #97
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You know... people kept telling me how much they were spending on food, but I spent 20 dollars a day, went home every 2-3 weeks, had the average meal plan, and had 700 dollars left when I had to move out. I dunno how people ran out of money like the month before. xD
That seems like it should be about right.... I think it might be because some people go to expensive places like the Bistro way too often :p.
Old 08-19-2009 at 12:12 PM   #98
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
That seems like it should be about right.... I think it might be because some people go to expensive places like the Bistro way too often :p.
Needless to say, I have pretty much a year's supply of Powerade at my disposal.

Old 08-19-2009 at 12:19 PM   #99
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Are you guys meeting up before getting to boston pizza? or meeting up AT boston pizza?
Old 08-19-2009 at 12:54 PM   #100
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I was just about to post that we should probably meet on campus since not everyone will be as familiar with the area as we may think. There's also a point about commuting with a bunch of strangers that was raised earlier, but in all honesty we could just socialize on the bus, or even walk (heck, it's only like a 10 minute walk from campus to BP)

So again, since I have to get into the habit of putting my foot down, I'll say meet up at McMaster at 5:00pm ish in the MUSC Atrium, and leave 5:30pm to...walk...to Boston Pizza.

If anyone has any direct concerns or conflicts with that please let me know...but I figured it should be set up in such a way because:

-Why meet at Mac first? Some people may not know where Boston Pizza is. Also, this way we could meet up and start getting to know each other at Mac and on the walk/ride over to BP. It'll be good times (I hope!)

-Why the half hour wait? We won't know exactly how many people will be in attendance. I'd hate for us to leave and then someone who has no idea where BP is would show up being unable to attend. A half hour window gives people plenty of time to show up if 'Life happens' so to speak. (:

-Why the MUSC Atrium? I dunno, because I've got no better ideas. xD I'd imagine it won't be so hard to pick people out of a crowd, particularly if we all wear our "Hello, My name is" nametags (lol Temara)

-Why walking? I like walking :p But if anyone disagrees, be it for medical reasons, or just because you have a general distaste for walking we could naturally, take the bus instead.

My major concern is that someone is diabetic / hypoglycemic and used to an early dinner. Please let me know if having dinner at 6:00pm ish is too late for you. We could always push it half an hour forward.

adrian, jhan523, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 08-19-2009 at 01:08 PM   #101
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I agree with meeting on campus, even though I passed by it a few times, I would prefer going there as a group
Old 08-19-2009 at 01:54 PM   #102
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

I like walking too! ^-^
Old 08-19-2009 at 02:04 PM   #103
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

It's better for socializing too
Old 08-19-2009 at 02:10 PM   #104
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Speaking on that specific Boston Pizza, has anyone gone there lately? I went there early in July with my friends and we got this waiter who was kind of weird and kept on coming back and talking to us every 5 minutes. He talked for literally ten minutes straight about how the Boston Pizza hamburger doesn't even compare to the Licks hamburger and how his boss was a pretty cool guy... it was really awkward and I kept having to pretend laugh to keep it from becoming incredibly awkward :p.
Old 08-19-2009 at 02:12 PM   #105
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Speaking on that specific Boston Pizza, has anyone gone there lately? I went there early in July with my friends and we got this waiter who was kind of weird and kept on coming back and talking to us every 5 minutes. He talked for literally ten minutes straight about how the Boston Pizza hamburger doesn't even compare to the Licks hamburger and how his boss was a pretty cool guy... it was really awkward and I kept having to pretend laugh :p.
Wow, I would be kind of annoyed... just let me enjoy my meal XD