MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roommate discussion nikki12 Mary Keyes Forum 1 07-19-2010 08:19 PM
Guitar Discussion VastHorizon General Discussion 51 10-02-2009 06:10 PM
MacPass 2009 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 07-14-2009 12:16 PM
MacPass 2008 Discussion tee33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 06-25-2009 12:00 AM
New Course Discussion Forum Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-12-2007 05:46 PM

MACPASS 2009 Discussion

Old 08-15-2009 at 01:47 PM   #361
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
I am planning on purchasing my Mac Pass before 11 pm today and it says the cost is $134.00 as the transaction, isn't the cost $124.00? I'm an off-campus student.
You might as well call the FYEO. https://fye.mcmaster.ca/contactus.html

Oh wait, they are probably closed...
Old 08-15-2009 at 01:54 PM   #362
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Ye, I cant contact them. Has this ever happened to anybody before? What's the point of early bird if I cant get it LOL
Old 08-15-2009 at 01:56 PM   #363
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Ye, I cant contact them. Has this ever happened to anybody before? What's the point of early bird if I cant get it LOL
If anything you can just purchase it and go talk to them with your statement (which you should marker all the other information). Your statement should say when you purchased what and for how much. So you can ask for that 10$ back.
Old 08-15-2009 at 04:20 PM   #364
Paul91

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
I had the same problem when i ordered mine today. I printed the receipt thought and i was planning on talking to them when i picked mine up.

speaking of which though, what kind of proof will i need when i pick up my macpass? Will my student ID card do, or will i need the credit card that i ordered it with?
Old 08-15-2009 at 05:40 PM   #365
holagurrl

Liked: 10 Times

Hey why am I being charged the full price for a MacPass today? It's supposed to be $130 starting tomorrow :/
Old 08-15-2009 at 06:41 PM   #366
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by holagurrl View Post
Hey why am I being charged the full price for a MacPass today? It's supposed to be $130 starting tomorrow :/
It was like that yesterday too. Contact the FYEO on Monday.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-15-2009 at 06:56 PM   #367
Cheah

Liked: 0 Times

Just ordered mine for the $130.

Upon clicking "Process transaction", I was supposed to be redirected, in which case I was not. I clicked the button to "continue", but was brought back to the original order form.

Called MasterCard, they have informed me that the transaction has gone through. However, I wasn't brought to any confirmation page that confirmed my order had been processed.

Is this normal?
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:36 PM   #368
Lulie

Liked: 18 Times

No.... you're supposed to be redirected to a page that says they have sent a receipt to your email.
I would your check email. If you don't have the receipt, then you should call FYEO on Monday. Office is closed this weekend I think. But anyways, if Mastercard has confirmed your order, then I'm pretty sure your MacPass is confirmed
Old 08-16-2009 at 06:20 PM   #369
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

MACPASS 2009 Discussion
Hi, I am still trying to figure out if I should get the MacPass ( i know the early price date passed but that doesn't really matter). The thing is that I do not know anyone who is going to be there, and as much as I want to attend the events, I don't wanna be alone! What do you guys think?
Old 08-16-2009 at 06:32 PM   #370
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Lots of people go to Mac not knowing anyone. All the people I knew at Mac were in second year already, and weren't people I was too friendly with.

Welcome Week is a way to meet people, so you want to attend events!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-16-2009 at 06:34 PM   #371
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
Hi, I am still trying to figure out if I should get the MacPass ( i know the early price date passed but that doesn't really matter). The thing is that I do not know anyone who is going to be there, and as much as I want to attend the events, I don't wanna be alone! What do you guys think?
I'm in the same boat as you (not knowing anyone), and I got one. At least then the events are an option. I figured it was better than deciding I wanted to do something and not be able to.
Old 08-16-2009 at 06:44 PM   #372
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I'm in the same boat as you (not knowing anyone), and I got one. At least then the events are an option. I figured it was better than deciding I wanted to do something and not be able to.
That's the point of MacPass, to meet new people. When you sign up for clubs, attend events and meet the profs, you'll be making friends in no time.

lorend says thanks to Bobby66 for this post.
Old 08-16-2009 at 07:44 PM   #373
sdhami

Liked: 1 Time

is there a point of getting it if ur not staying res?...n do u relly need a macpass for parties lol..
Old 08-16-2009 at 08:18 PM   #374
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

SOCS have similar (and sometimes much better) activities than the residences do.

Old 08-16-2009 at 08:23 PM   #375
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I went to Welcome Week as a residence student but SOCS (society of off-campus students) won the Welcome Week cup that year so they must have been doing something right.

Even if you don't do a lot of the SOCS events there are also events with your faculty that are good to attend. There is faculty day and faculty night that each faculty does and you need the MacPass to attend. Each faculty does different things but it's a fun day and night and it's a great opportunity to meet people you will be spending the year and possibly 3-4 years with. The people you meet from your faculty will be the students you'll be in class with in first year and students who will go onto to choose the same major as you. It's good to make connections with people studying the same things as you as it can make studying a lot easier and more fun. Plus since you're in the same faculty you may share similar interests, especially if you meet people who want to major in the same field as you.