MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Campus Events This Week Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 01-14-2010 12:40 PM
"Want to Join the Dopest Team on Campus?" - Dr. Phil Wood deadpool MSU & On-Campus Services 10 03-13-2009 09:54 AM
This week in Campus Events Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-29-2008 11:01 PM
McMaster Student Union's Street Team: The Maroons deadpool Clubs 11 08-08-2008 02:32 PM
Welcome Week Rep Applications Part Five: Maroons ferreinm Welcome Week Repping 3 02-14-2008 01:18 PM

Maroons: Dopest Rep Team on Campus Welcomes you to Welcome Week

Old 08-14-2009 at 06:11 PM   #45
deadpool
X-Man
Program: Fighting
Year: Other

Liked: 394 Times
This is a thread made by the Maroons executive to promote their organization, with a great video. Yet you bring in negativity for no reason, and I chose to question your remarks based on proven trends.

When it comes to negativity revolving around rep teams, the overwhelming majority of instances involves an Engineer. Between Redsuits trying to hammer home to people that they are the undoubted best reps on campus in a very serious and argumentative matter, and random Engineering students making posts in a MacInsiders thread, the pattern is evident.

I'm not trying to incite hate and anger towards you, but really want to understand why this pattern exists.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-14-2009 at 06:16 PM   #46
deadpool
X-Man
Program: Fighting

Liked: 394 Times
ANYWAYS. BACK TO POSITIVITY!!!!!!!

BEST WAY TO JOIN THE MAROONS: SHOW UP TO STUFF!!

Old 08-15-2009 at 01:34 PM   #47
newsha
Program: Communication Studies
Year: Second
Residence: HEDDEN

Liked: Liked 5 Times
i love the maroons <3

Junner says thanks to newsha for this post.

Old 08-16-2009 at 09:34 PM   #48
Phoenix
Program: History
Year: Fifth

Liked: 52 Times
MAROONS: SUIT UP. STAND OUT!

temara.brown likes this.
Old 08-16-2009 at 09:56 PM   #49
micadjems
Awesome Member
Program: Materials Engineering & Society
Year: Alumni
Residence: Brandon Hall (06-07)

Liked: 382 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
It's really a shame that you chose to bring Engineering into this. Not once did I bring my faculty up, and it was not intended to compare or otherwise represent Engineer's opinions of the Maroons. I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to stir the pot by adding these kind of sweeping generalizations.

Again, I've stated my personal opinions about the Maroons and my lack of exposure to them during the school year. Perhaps over my five years they were very active in places I've never been, and kudos to them for that. I've just stated that I never saw them on campus and I think you should read my comment at face value and stop trying to turn it into something more.
Don't worry, it's not just you. He's done this to me before, and that thread had to be deleted!

I agree that more rep groups, should have a presence all year round - it kind of sucks that welcome week is so awesome all around, and then the reps kind of disappear!
Old 09-11-2009 at 12:33 PM   #50
mcinside
Elite Member
Faculty: Science
Year: Second

Liked: 23 Times
I'm joinging Marrons. I WANT THE JUMPSUIT!!!

MARRONS HOW DO YOU FEEL?
I FEEL SO GOOD OH I FEEL SO GOOD OH!WOOT!
So what time is the meeting on Sep 16th btw?
Old 09-11-2009 at 02:39 PM   #51
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Biology and Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Keyes

Liked: 624 Times
Same here! Can't wait! I think it was 5:30 or 6 something like that. Not too sure though, too many dates/times to remember these days XD
Old 09-23-2009 at 10:47 PM   #52
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)
Program: Business
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 91 Times
We now have a Maroons Facebook group for all students that signed up for the Maroons or are interested in joining the Maroons. Join the Maroons Facebook group through the following link:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1374603 62380

Join the group so that you can receive the latest updates and information, and also details about upcoming events.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Nino for this post.

moops likes this.

Article Tools