MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offer Rescinded laiac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-04-2010 01:36 PM
Going to visit McMaster today to speak about rescinded offer - who should I contact? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 03:46 PM
McMaster Rescinded Offer???????!!!! MacRK101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-16-2010 12:24 PM
McMaster offer MSDN stuff? Bumchoda General Discussion 12 09-26-2009 10:47 AM
Accepted my offer! Now what..? kwun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-12-2009 03:41 PM

McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now?

Old 07-16-2010 at 01:03 PM   #16
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshis2 View Post
they can clear it up for me when i go there tmrw.
None of the departments are open on Saturdays, only Monday to Friday. So there is no point in you going.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-16-2010 at 01:09 PM   #17
joshis2

Liked: 0 Times

Yeah I just read their office hours.. I`ll just keep calling them for now I guess.
Old 07-16-2010 at 01:11 PM   #18
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

You should probably call up your high school to ask about the data management mark because I dont think OUAC or mac would be able to solve that problem...unless its an OUAC glitch. But ya, you should go to mac and find out. Im not sure if you need an appointment or you can just drop in. You should call them and ask about that.

By the way, dont stress about it too much. You will be fine. Its probably just a technical problem.
Old 07-16-2010 at 01:38 PM   #19
joshis2

So I just finished speaking with a representative at the registration office, and apparently there are several hundreds of student with the same dilemma. She said that many of the high school guidance counselors did not check the box where it says "OSSD achieved" and that is why even students with a 90% average are getting these "rescinded" emails. So if you received the email, it was most likely because of that. Now what I have to do is call the board of education, since it`s summer break and most high schools are closed, and ask them to fax a copy of the transcript to McMaster before Wed. She also said that if I don`t do this before Wed, my chances of getting back in are slim. So I guess most of the people that received the email need to do that as well.

Thanks everyone who replied much appreciated.
Old 07-16-2010 at 08:30 PM   #20
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Wow that is ridiculous that they would punish students for guidance counselors mistakes.
Old 07-16-2010 at 09:41 PM   #21
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

Ya thats so true macpack. I think if you go in person, they will fix the problem for you. You dont need to do anything...i think.
Old 07-16-2010 at 11:51 PM   #22
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshis2 View Post
So I just finished speaking with a representative at the registration office, and apparently there are several hundreds of student with the same dilemma. She said that many of the high school guidance counselors did not check the box where it says "OSSD achieved" and that is why even students with a 90% average are getting these "rescinded" emails. So if you received the email, it was most likely because of that. Now what I have to do is call the board of education, since it`s summer break and most high schools are closed, and ask them to fax a copy of the transcript to McMaster before Wed. She also said that if I don`t do this before Wed, my chances of getting back in are slim. So I guess most of the people that received the email need to do that as well.

Thanks everyone who replied much appreciated.
Oh my god really? So basically a ton of students are freaking out right now because they thought they got rejected but in reality people were just careless? Goddamn. These students probably have no idea of this too which is the worst part.
Old 07-17-2010 at 05:09 AM   #23
CAHopeful
Account Locked

Liked: 7 Times

The same thing happened to me. My top 6 average was an 80.0, which was stipulated in my conditional offer (Business I). However, there was a mistake in my mark, this mark was amended early July. Should I call them? I am extremely worried, I have not even notified my parents, yet.
Old 07-17-2010 at 06:45 AM   #24
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Call them; go in person if you can.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-17-2010 at 03:04 PM   #25
joshis2

You should call them first thing in the morning on Monday. They open at 9 am. If you can, just go in person. People are saying how they solve the problem quicker if you go in person. I just faxed in a request form for an updated transcript to the board of education in my area , and asked them to fax the transcript to Mac before Wed. You should probably do this asap because there are probably people on waiting lists and stuff who want to get into the program and if you`re not fast, they might just give away your spot. It should be okay though as long as you get it done before wed. Good luck!
Old 07-19-2010 at 07:41 AM   #26
pjohnson
Liaison Officer - Registrar's Office

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Ya thats so true macpack. I think if you go in person, they will fix the problem for you. You dont need to do anything...i think.
Just to clarify for anyone who finds themselves in this position. One of the conditions on your offer is that you complete your OSSD. If your high school did not indicate via OUAC that you had in fact completed your OSSD, our system will automatically flag you as not having met one of your conditions on your offer of admission. That is why you were notified that your offer was being rescinded. You are required to provide proof of having completed your OSSD via an official hard copy transcript. This must be done by July 21st.
If you are not certain if this is the reason your offer has been rescinded, you should check on your OUAC record for verification. The other two reasons for an offer to be rescinded are failing to meet the minimum final admission average (as stated on your official offer letter), or failing to complete a required course. Please remember that admission averages are calculated on your top 6 4U/M courses including all those required for your specific program. We also calculate to two decimal points and do not round up.
Summer school can not be used to meet a condition, as these conditions were to be met by June 30, 2010 as indicated on your offer letter.
I hope that this is helpful.