MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Condtional Offer! soody First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-13-2010 12:48 PM
Going to visit McMaster today to speak about rescinded offer - who should I contact? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 03:46 PM
McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 07-19-2010 07:41 AM
McMaster Rescinded Offer???????!!!! MacRK101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-16-2010 12:24 PM
Will they reject your offer if this happens? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 06-12-2010 07:13 PM

Offer Rescinded

Old 07-31-2010 at 09:07 AM   #1
laiac

Liked: 0 Times

Offer Rescinded
I just received an e-mail saying I was rescinded because I did not hand in my transcript to the registrar. I had no idea we even needed to hand in our transcripts. >.> Also I did not hand in my final community service hours until early July, and my guidance counsellor told me they would be uploaded onto OUAC in August. So what should I do in the meantime? :(
Old 07-31-2010 at 09:23 AM   #2
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

I don't remember sending the Registrar a transcript myself, and I show up as fully registered on MUGSI. Weird. Phone them on Monday? (Or now, I'm not sure if the Registrar's office is open weekends.)
Old 07-31-2010 at 09:33 AM   #3
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Your school might not have sent your transcript, which it is supposed to do when you're applying to college/university. I would phone them as soon as possible and make them get in contact with the Office of the Registrar at Mac.
Old 07-31-2010 at 09:48 AM   #4
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

no ,i dont rememmber physically sending a transcript either. Check that ur marks were loaded on OUAC
Old 07-31-2010 at 10:31 AM   #5
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
I don't remember sending the Registrar a transcript myself, and I show up as fully registered on MUGSI. Weird. Phone them on Monday? (Or now, I'm not sure if the Registrar's office is open weekends.)
You shouldn't have to if you come from a "regular" high school...

Pretty sure Registrar's not open on weekends. It's also long weekend now, so you'll probably have to wait until Tuesday.
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:22 AM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

If you didn't hand in your documentation for 40hrs until July, how did you graduate? We needed all of ours in by May 1 or something, otherwise we wouldn't be able to graduate.

If your 40hrs aren't showing up on OUAC or wherever, Mac might view that as you not having completed the requirements for graduation. Since one of the requirements of your offer is that you actually graduate, they might have rescinded it based on that. Your offer should have stated that all requirements must be completed by June 30, 2010, so July/August might be too late. You should definitely call Mac/your high school ASAP though, but as nh999 said, it's a long weekend so you'll have to wait until Tuesday.
Old 07-31-2010 at 12:34 PM   #7
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

did you go to a private school?
Old 07-31-2010 at 12:37 PM   #8
laiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
did you go to a private school?
No I didn't.
Old 07-31-2010 at 12:39 PM   #9
laiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
If you didn't hand in your documentation for 40hrs until July, how did you graduate? We needed all of ours in by May 1 or something, otherwise we wouldn't be able to graduate.

If your 40hrs aren't showing up on OUAC or wherever, Mac might view that as you not having completed the requirements for graduation. Since one of the requirements of your offer is that you actually graduate, they might have rescinded it based on that. Your offer should have stated that all requirements must be completed by June 30, 2010, so July/August might be too late. You should definitely call Mac/your high school ASAP though, but as nh999 said, it's a long weekend so you'll have to wait until Tuesday.
Well, my counsellor told me that the hours would upload at the end of August and that I could graduate. Also my marks were uploaded into OUAC, and my top 6 average is above the 80% requirement for Business I.
Old 07-31-2010
nerual
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-31-2010 at 01:53 PM   #10
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by laiac View Post
Well, my counsellor told me that the hours would upload at the end of August and that I could graduate. Also my marks were uploaded into OUAC, and my top 6 average is above the 80% requirement for Business I.
If there's anything I learned in high school, it's that guidance counsellors don't know everything :( August is well after the June 30 deadline, but I don't know how that works if you got your diploma by June 30, even without the 40 hrs. I've heard that a lot of people had issues with guidance counsellors not checking off the button on OUAC that says that the person got their diploma, so offers were being rescinded, but that was a while ago. Definitely contact Mac ASAP to figure out exactly why your offer was rescinded and see what you can do to fix it.
Old 07-31-2010 at 03:02 PM   #11
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

My guess is that because you handed in your 40 hours so late, your school didnt send your transcript, and your offer got revoked.

Call them on monday, and call your school on monday, and make sure your school sent in the transcript.
Old 07-31-2010 at 03:39 PM   #12
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

It's your school's job to send your transcript to OUAC which then sends the info wherever it is requested. Talk to your guidance department. The transcripts have to be handed in by June 30th. All marks should be done by then cos most schools allow you to pick up your report card by July 5th-ish. Find out if your school sent in your marks and once you know what's going on (i.e. if your school took forever to send in your marks) then talk to Mac and see what can be done to rectify the situation.
Old 08-03-2010 at 11:12 AM   #13
CAHopeful
Account Locked

Liked: 7 Times

I am kind of in the same situation, however, I handed in my hours before June 30th (June 25). My school did not get to them until July 1st, one day after the deadline. I am trying to get my school to amend the transcript to reflect the date I handed it in, it has been hard. I'm still trying, though.
Old 08-04-2010 at 11:17 AM   #14
laiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHopeful View Post
I am kind of in the same situation, however, I handed in my hours before June 30th (June 25). My school did not get to them until July 1st, one day after the deadline. I am trying to get my school to amend the transcript to reflect the date I handed it in, it has been hard. I'm still trying, though.
I had to go and explain my scenario to one of the admission officers and write a letter of appeal to be judged by the associate registrar. Still waiting.