MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offer Rescinded laiac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-04-2010 01:36 PM
Will they reject your offer if this happens? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 06-12-2010 07:13 PM
Conditional Offer Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-10-2009 06:51 AM
After accepting the offer Meg543 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 46 04-12-2009 03:50 PM
Accepted my offer! Now what..? kwun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-12-2009 03:41 PM

Condtional Offer!

Old 07-13-2010 at 10:59 AM   #1
soody

Liked: 3 Times

Condtional Offer!
Alright, im really scared :S
I have the British curriculum and the American Highschool diploma,

I sent them all my high school transcripts and my O level certificated and A level predicted grades
My conditional offer is based on my A level results
Im freaked out that my A level results arent going to be that good.
They want a B and above :S

But my Grade 12 report card has a 90.4 on it!!
And my diploma is accredited by an american highschool!

I've payed my deposit for residence and got into residence also.
I have landed in Canada,
AND i also selected my courses :S

If i get C's will they deffer the offer??
Thats going to be REALLY bad
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:57 AM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

In general if you don't meet the grades needed to make your conditional offer, it will be revoked. However, your situation seems a bit more complicated than the standard high schooler not making the cut off, so talking to an Academic Adviser is your best bet, only they'll be able to tell you for sure.

I wish I knew more about the British curriculum to give you a better idea, but unfortunately I don't :(

If you're nearby Mac I would suggest going in person, but if not phoning is probably your best bet. If you need help finding the academic adviser for your faculty, just post here.

Hope everything works out for you!
Old 07-13-2010 at 12:07 PM   #3
soody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
In general if you don't meet the grades needed to make your conditional offer, it will be revoked. However, your situation seems a bit more complicated than the standard high schooler not making the cut off, so talking to an Academic Adviser is your best bet, only they'll be able to tell you for sure.

I wish I knew more about the British curriculum to give you a better idea, but unfortunately I don't :(

If you're nearby Mac I would suggest going in person, but if not phoning is probably your best bet. If you need help finding the academic adviser for your faculty, just post here.

Hope everything works out for you!
Thanks Marlowe
You gave me some alot of hope
Where can I get hold of an Academic Adviser?
Old 07-13-2010 at 12:44 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by soody View Post
Thanks Marlowe
If you are a Science Student then the office is in the Lobby of BSB. Enter the main doors to BSB which faces the big grass area. The building actually says Physical Sciences Building on it. There are stairs leading up to the main doors as well as two flag poles.flags in front of it.

Once you enter the building, that's the lobby. Go left and the office is on your right, the first door.
Old 07-13-2010 at 12:58 PM   #5
soody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If you are a Science Student then the office is in the Lobby of BSB. Enter the main doors to BSB which faces the big grass area. The building actually says Physical Sciences Building on it. There are stairs leading up to the main doors as well as two flag poles.flags in front of it.

Once you enter the building, that's the lobby. Go left and the office is on your right, the first door.

I'm and engineering student.
dont they have a number I can call on?
Old 07-13-2010 at 01:01 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
I'm and engineering student.
dont they have a number I can call on?
http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/contacts.html

Contact Sally Williams.
Old 07-14-2010 at 10:16 AM   #7
pjohnson
Liaison Officer - Registrar's Office

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Thanks Marlowe
Just to clarify - you should be speaking to the Admissions Office regarding meeting the conditions stated on your offer letter. Failure to meet a condition will typically result in the offer being rescinded. You can contact the Admissions Office at: (905)525-4600
Old 07-14-2010 at 12:45 PM   #8
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Alright, im really scared :S
I have the British curriculum and the American Highschool diploma,

I sent them all my high school transcripts and my O level certificated and A level predicted grades
My conditional offer is based on my A level results
Im freaked out that my A level results arent going to be that good.
They want a B and above :S

But my Grade 12 report card has a 90.4 on it!!
And my diploma is accredited by an american highschool!

I've payed my deposit for residence and got into residence also.
I have landed in Canada,
AND i also selected my courses :S

If i get C's will they deffer the offer??
Thats going to be REALLY bad
me too! I sent them all of that stuff but they gave me conditions for the high school diploma because our school does that too. I spoke to them and they said that they would cancel my conditions fr the HSD and I just need to get B or above in bio, chem and phys (which i am taking this year)
Send them an email telling them that you wanted to apply with your high school diploma and not your a'levels.
Send it to [email protected] because I sent it to the office of international affairs before and they were way less than helpful, i only had to send 1 email to Beverley Mendolia (that's his name)
You'll be given a guaranteed offer since 90.4 is pretty high.
Lol, i would apply with HSD but i've only got 76%. lol yeah, im stupid =P

btw, do you go to a SABIS school? cuz i think they're the only ones that do the British and american system together
GOOD LUCK! im pretty scared about my results too!
Old 08-12-2010 at 07:52 AM   #9
BlueRebound

Liked: 0 Times

Hey!

Im from England and I did A Levels too. I don't meet my conditional offer requirements and Im completely freaked out about my offer being revoked! The offer I got was on the basis of my AS Level result and my A Level predicted results (which were based on my Mock exams at school). Can somebody please tell me if my offer may be revoked? HELP!!!
Old 08-12-2010 at 09:26 AM   #10
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Something similar happened with IB, which I came in with.

My IB grades were lower than my Gr. 12 average. I got the entrance award corresponding to my IB, even though I qualified for a higher one with grade 12.

So, it looks like A levels will win.
Old 08-12-2010 at 11:33 PM   #11
BlueRebound

Liked: 0 Times

Oh my God! You have no idea how much of a relief that is to know! Thanks so much Brittney. It gives me some hope. May be I will get some sleep now! Was so worried.

In your case, did you meet the requirements that they stated on the offer letter? I'm supposed to score a grade of B or more in my subjects and I have score less than that in two. :( I totally didn't expect it. My predicted was an ABB for these exams!
Old 08-12-2010 at 11:54 PM   #12
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRebound View Post
Oh my God! You have no idea how much of a relief that is to know! Thanks so much Brittney. It gives me some hope. May be I will get some sleep now! Was so worried.

In your case, did you meet the requirements that they stated on the offer letter? I'm supposed to score a grade of B or more in my subjects and I have score less than that in two. :( I totally didn't expect it. My predicted was an ABB for these exams!
haven't you got the result already?!
Old 08-13-2010 at 12:48 PM   #13
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
haven't you got the result already?!
she's probably doing edexcel exams...