MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offer Rescinded laiac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-04-2010 01:36 PM
Going to visit McMaster today to speak about rescinded offer - who should I contact? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 03:46 PM
McMaster Rescinded Offer???????!!!! MacRK101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-16-2010 12:24 PM
McMaster offer MSDN stuff? Bumchoda General Discussion 12 09-26-2009 10:47 AM
Accepted my offer! Now what..? kwun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-12-2009 03:41 PM

McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now?

Old 07-15-2010 at 10:40 PM   #1
california

Liked: 0 Times

McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now?
is there any possible way of getting my offer back
the email is as follows:

Our records indicate that you did not satisfy the requirements that were outlined in the Conditional Offer of Admission letter included in your offer package. The conditions were to be cleared by June 30, 2010.
As a result, we have now rescinded your offer to your desired program. You will receive a letter in the mail within a few days confirming this decision. Due to enrolment limitations we are not in a position to extend the deadline for you to meet the conditions of your offer.

Is it worth it for me to go to the admission office tomorrow and speak with them?
Old 07-15-2010 at 10:45 PM   #2
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Um why? What is your actual average and required average and what program?
Old 07-15-2010 at 10:57 PM   #3
california

my average was 74.4%, they require a 75%
i've been a high 80s student my entire life, and unforseeable circumstances caused the decline in my marks this year

i am lost right now
i know i'll be able to succeed next year at mac, this is so frustrating

any suggestions?
Old 07-15-2010 at 10:57 PM   #4
california

the program is political science
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:00 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

You can try to contact McMaster and explain to them why you didn't do so well. It's always worth a try but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I suggest talking to an academic counselor, they can help you figure out what you can do.
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:05 PM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Wow that close? Are you in summer school right now for anything?
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:06 PM   #7
california

yeah, im taking summer school to bump up my mark
will that be taken into consideration at all?
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:20 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by california View Post
yeah, im taking summer school to bump up my mark
will that be taken into consideration at all?
Yes, that can be taken into consideration. Contact McMaster and tell them you are taking summer school and see if you can get your offer back.

But it might be hard to get your offer back if there is no space in the political science program. They always over accept students because they expect a certain amount to accept offers at other universities or in other programs.
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:24 PM   #9
california

Is it possible for them to transfer me to a different program within the school?
I don't have a legitimate backup plan otherwise
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:28 PM   #10
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

I wish you good luck. I think it will depend heavily on just how nice the adviser that helps you is and your situation that cause your marks to drop. I mean i feel for you as i was high 80 all three years and this year I dropped for reason out of my control..but I was lucky enough i am a good at BS on exams on keep my offer
Hope everything goes well tomorrow
If you live in Hamilton, i think its good to go down cause it easy to sympathize face to face rather than over the phone especially if you are a confident speaker
Old 07-16-2010 at 12:16 AM   #11
california

thanks for your help, both of you
i'll likely visit the campus tomorrow and see what happens
Old 07-16-2010 at 12:16 PM   #12
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

You should have contacted them right when your school ended to notify them about your enrollment in summer school. If you did that, your offer wouldn't have been rescinded. Go talk to them and everything will work out fine.
Good luck.
Old 07-16-2010 at 12:26 PM   #13
joshis2

I just recieved the exact same email:
Our records indicate that you did not satisfy the requirements that were outlined in the Conditional Offer of Admission letter included in your offer package. The conditions were to be cleared by June 30, 2010.

As a result, we have now rescinded your offer to your desired program. You will receive a letter in the mail within a few days confirming this decision. Due to enrolment limitations we are not in a position to extend the deadline for you to meet the conditions of your offer.

You may wish to visit the OUAC Admissions Information Service to determine which universities are still accepting applications.

Best Regards,
The Admissions Team

The admission requirements state that your average should be atleast 75-77%. Mine is 77%. I`m freaking out right now.. I`ve already searched for off-campus housing and am supposed to sign a lease soon with a landlord. This can`t be happening. Can anyone tell me what I should do? I tried calling them but the lines are constantly busy = (
Old 07-16-2010 at 12:40 PM   #14
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

Check OUAC what your O.S.S.D. status is. If it doesnt say "Already Achieved", then go call up mac and they will fix the problem. It happen to me too. Dont worry about it.
Old 07-16-2010 at 12:54 PM   #15
joshis2

I checked my OUAC and it says "Not Reported" for almost every field. Also most of my marks are there but my data management mark isn`t up. I hope that was the only reason I received that email and they can clear it up for me when i go there tmrw. Do I need to book an appointment or can I just pop in to the registration office?