MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 courses in summer school 1nfinite Academics 10 08-11-2013 12:34 AM
required courses for med school byulnim First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 09-13-2011 10:44 PM
Medical School Courses exuberant888 Academics 7 07-31-2010 06:01 PM
Summer School Courses Goce Academics 24 01-19-2010 04:15 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM

med school courses

Old 06-23-2013 at 03:18 PM   #1
amyarthur

Liked: 0 Times

med school courses
A lot of people are saying you need physics with a lab in order to get into medical school. I am only taking physics 1L03. I thought Mac had no pre-req ? As long as you had a 4 degree ??
Old 06-23-2013 at 03:37 PM   #2
5.98e24

Liked: 12 Times

For future reference, here are the med school admission requirements: http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/rc_omsas_e.pdf

For more details, look on each med school's website for their academic requirements. That is truly your single most reliable source and the sites are all very accessible.

If the med school does not require that you take physics with lab, the only reason you should take it is for personal interest (perhaps to help with MCAT studying - but this is not necessary) or because a future course requires it. Some upper-year courses require that you take physics with lab. This is something you'd have to verify by checking the course calendar while choosing your courses.

amyarthur likes this.
Old 06-23-2013 at 05:18 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyarthur View Post
A lot of people are saying you need physics with a lab in order to get into medical school. I am only taking physics 1L03. I thought Mac had no pre-req ? As long as you had a 4 degree ??
Mac doesn't even require a 4-year degree...and it's also not the only med school out there. Schools that do require physics require physics+lab, so people take 1B03 to keep their options open. Also, there's a physics section of the MCAT that incorporates 1B03+1BB3 physics so that's another reason people do it.