MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEED HELP ! missed exam aliesk Academics 5 06-19-2014 08:32 PM
Missed m;y exam! jake0405 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 44 12-06-2012 09:04 PM
Missed Exam Help! levarun Academics 3 04-23-2010 12:36 PM
i missed my exam! PLEASE HELP!!! rrtt Academics 2 04-24-2009 09:10 PM
Anthropology 1a03 Evening Class Exam Roshanth Academics 5 01-15-2009 11:47 AM

Missed an evening exam!!!

Old 12-12-2014 at 03:16 PM   #1
skk1

Liked: 3 Times

Missed an evening exam!!!
What do I do? I was up all night and day studying. Decided take a nap in the afternoon before the exam and slept through my alarm... Please help!!!
Old 12-12-2014 at 03:18 PM   #2
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Just say you slept in, works for evening exams.
Old 12-12-2014 at 04:55 PM   #3
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

If this is the first time you miss an exam, go to your department and they will give you a form to fill out.
You will hear from them by email in about a week or less regarding their decision. Usually if it's your first time you miss an exam, they'll make you write the makeup.
Also, email your professor and tell him/her that you missed it and that you will talk to your department.
Good luck

Chad likes this.
Old 12-12-2014 at 09:21 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

One of the invigilators in my exam actually announced that last week that I didn't really know about. If you miss an exam, just email your Dean/Dean's office and they'll tell you the steps you need to take to make up the exam!

Chad likes this.
Old 12-12-2014 at 11:46 PM   #5
kakarot

Liked: 6 Times

yeah just go to associate dean's office. they give you 2 options:

1) submit a doctors note. ( just go to campus clinic and explain plainly to them that you slept through. the doctors on duty there are very helpful and understanding, they'll write you a note and give you some extremely good advice on how to avoid this next time. no kidding)

2) you write a special consideration form explaining reasons why you missed the exam. if this is your first time you'll most likely (90%) get a nod for deferred exam. if not, there are still 60% chances that they'll let you write. i mean it's not like you're asking for free marks, right?

But please don't lie like you had some emergency like a death or something. that stuff is horrible to lie about. If it's an honest mistake, no one will make you pay for it.

Chad likes this.
Old 12-13-2014 at 05:18 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Let us know how it goes when you talk to your department on Monday skk1, good luck!
Old 12-13-2014 at 08:04 PM   #7
Bumblebeexoxo

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot View Post
yeah just go to associate dean's office. they give you 2 options:

1) submit a doctors note. ( just go to campus clinic and explain plainly to them that you slept through. the doctors on duty there are very helpful and understanding, they'll write you a note and give you some extremely good advice on how to avoid this next time. no kidding)

2) you write a special consideration form explaining reasons why you missed the exam. if this is your first time you'll most likely (90%) get a nod for deferred exam. if not, there are still 60% chances that they'll let you write. i mean it's not like you're asking for free marks, right?

But please don't lie like you had some emergency like a death or something. that stuff is horrible to lie about. If it's an honest mistake, no one will make you pay for it.
I missed a test before because I was actually sick and I went to campus clinic to get a doctor's note...I don't know why but the doctor was extremely rude about writing me one despite she could fully see that I was sick. she was nice while examining me until I asked her if she could write me one, she got so mad. I was like what the hell...:0
Old 12-13-2014 at 08:17 PM   #8
kakarot

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebeexoxo View Post
I missed a test before because I was actually sick and I went to campus clinic to get a doctor's note...I don't know why but the doctor was extremely rude about writing me one despite she could fully see that I was sick. she was nice while examining me until I asked her if she could write me one, she got so mad. I was like what the hell...:0
whaaaa?
the one time i was there, i got this male doc. He told me how he was an engineer at waterloo before and gave me some cool study tips. also had a meaningful conversation about the right attitude for handling university life. He told me a couple of his life stories, and while i was about to go out ( i had forgot to ask for a note after the conversation lol), he asked me if I'd like one.
All in all one of the best conversations i've ever had. and i'm one of those introvert type guys who have had their fair share of deep conversations.
Old 12-13-2014 at 09:55 PM   #9
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
the one time i was there, i got this male doc. He told me how he was an engineer at waterloo before and gave me some cool study tips. also had a meaningful conversation about the right attitude for handling university life
And I had a lecturer (not a prof) that dropped more F bombs in class than we had students with mark over -B in that class. People are different, some people need to compensate more than others.
Old 12-14-2014 at 04:38 PM   #10
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot View Post
whaaaa?
the one time i was there, i got this male doc. He told me how he was an engineer at waterloo before and gave me some cool study tips. also had a meaningful conversation about the right attitude for handling university life. He told me a couple of his life stories, and while i was about to go out ( i had forgot to ask for a note after the conversation lol), he asked me if I'd like one.
All in all one of the best conversations i've ever had. and i'm one of those introvert type guys who have had their fair share of deep conversations.
He did that to me too, made my day. Was extremely stressed about the situtaion.