MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Quiet Exam Study Space Off Campus! marissa88 Clubs & Groups 0 11-25-2010 03:31 PM
Quiet Study Space during Exams KristaG MacInsiders Announcements 16 04-09-2010 12:19 PM
Mills Learning Commons is a Quiet Study Space During Exams kldv Academics 1 04-07-2010 10:38 PM
Laptops... laffand General Discussion 201 07-24-2009 10:38 PM

MSU SURVEY: Laptops or study space?

Old 02-04-2011 at 12:53 AM   #45
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
How many people are in game design vs COMMERCE KIDS.

I'm not saying your reason isn't valid, but I'm sure people go there to PLAY GAMES. Not use it as educational resources.
Would you prefer it then if we just reserved the entire area for just media kids rather than let anyone and everyone play?

AelyaS likes this.

Old 02-04-2011 at 12:55 AM   #46
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbaby07 View Post
well you get my point either way .

i always have spare change on me ... ya never know when you're going to see a singing hobo on the streets of hamilton .. oh wait .. thats everywhere -_-
I won't know where to put the spare change.

One pocket is my phone, coins will scratch it.

The other is full with my wallet and key. In fact I tend to lose change when I have it in there when I pull out my wallet.

Old 02-04-2011 at 01:03 AM   #47
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
I won't know where to put the spare change.

One pocket is my phone, coins will scratch it.

The other is full with my wallet and key. In fact I tend to lose change when I have it in there when I pull out my wallet.
why don't you get a m-urse (also known as the man purse)

Old 02-04-2011 at 01:06 AM   #48
Squectangle

Liked: 14 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
In other words, you want the university to hire the most badass librarians ever who don't take no crap from nobody? I approve.
I heard you can import female librarians from Asia. They carry whips. And punish you between the bookstacks.

Source: I'm from there.

lorii, RyanC like this.

Old 02-04-2011 at 01:12 AM   #49
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times
Definitely study space.

Everybody surrounds the study area where there are plugs. So if you encourage laptops, people will never be able to find a plug.

Old 02-04-2011 at 07:12 AM   #50
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
Also for the laptop loan program, why not charge people a significant amount if they damage the laptop. That could raise money to fund the program.

Removal of the Mac computers can also save money, I don't think we need that many MACs in mills. They are pretty and all but dont they cost more money than a regular computer?
Problem with this is it would but the blame on the last person who used it or reported a problem. But most likely the damage occurred over time, or it was the last person who just didn't say anything when she returned it. iMacs tend not to require that much maintenance as they are stationary. Laptops are the most vulnerable as they are mobile and thus are exposed to more damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Innis gets shafted for 2 xbawkz, 2 ps3's, 2 wii's and 3 gaming computers D:
Are you referring to Lyons? If so then than just to remind everyone that all of the gaming equipment and televisions in Lyons are old and have been there for a while. Originally Lyons was in TSH they moved it to the 3rd floor of Mills a year and a half ago, then to the 4th floor after the renovation was complete. So the gaming equipment didn't come out of the library budget.

Old 02-04-2011 at 08:13 AM   #51
JLG 15

Liked: 0 Times
Why don't they just charge a fee on your student account. Then you wouldn't have to carry money and they new that they get their money.

Old 02-04-2011 at 08:23 AM   #52
vkozina

Liked: 6 Times
Study spaces for sure. I can never EVER find a quiet place with an outlet. Takes way to long to find somewhere.

Old 02-04-2011 at 09:49 PM   #53
Sxefmachine

Liked: 7 Times
How about everyone in Mills STFU. It's like a social meeting event there rather than a library.

lorii says thanks to Sxefmachine for this post.

alh24, giftedchick, lorii like this.

Old 02-05-2011 at 12:48 AM   #54
lorii

Liked: 8 Times
Thode basement ftw. Usually plenty of room there.

And I think I'd vote for laptops, even though I wouldn't use the service lol... Like many have mentioned before me there is study space. Get there early or find an empty classroom. There are ways. If the laptop program is cancelled there's no way for students without laptops to get them.

Entropy says thanks to lorii for this post.

Old 02-05-2011 at 03:22 PM   #55
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
Or they can just ask for the person's shoes instead. Return rates should be high during winter.

Carrying money is so 20th century. Its all about debit and visa card nowaday. I can't remember the last time I carry cash.
Or just a student card, or some other form of picture ID in case you need it for a midterm. Its a hassle to replace that stuff.

Old 02-07-2011 at 01:50 PM   #56
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times
Study space.

Who doesn't have a laptop these days?

< /ignorant>

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search