MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mugsi/solar help commie21 Academics 0 06-30-2011 12:29 AM
Mugsi/solar ammowasted Academics 4 06-13-2011 03:24 AM
Want to know what's happening with MUGSI/SOLAR? Come hither. huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 41 02-01-2011 06:22 PM
Why is everyone on MUGSI/Solar? sweetrachel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-31-2009 07:43 PM
MUGSI and SOLAR won't let me on! ND_ftw First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 08-13-2009 11:03 AM

MUGSI/SOLAR Rage

Old 09-08-2011 at 10:06 PM   #211
maki

Liked: 2 Times

I've been trying to get into a 2nd year History class since August 2nd, applied for a seat request, etc. which was told I was 5th in line and then at the end after many delays was told I did not get a seat and to go through SOLAR. I've been on SOLAR for past week and nothing. I tried getting in touch with the professor directly, then was told that due to fire regulations, only a certain number of students can attend class. Went to the classroom personally and saw that 153 people can sit in the class according to the fire regulations, yet in the bookstore only 130 or so books were ordered for sale, meaning that there are about 23 seats available - so why are they not allowing me or other people trying to attend the class is beyond any reason - I actually bought the books for the class that starts on Monday and am waiting for someone to drop the course hopefully by end of next week........I wish you luck with your course too....

Last edited by maki : 09-08-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: grammar and math
Old 09-08-2011 at 10:08 PM   #212
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maki View Post
I've been trying to get into a 2nd year History class since August 2nd, applied for a seat request, etc. which was told I was 5th in line and then at the end after many delays was told I did not get a seat and to go through SOLAR. I've been on SOLAR for past week and nothing. I tried getting in touch with the professor directly, then was told that due to fire regulations, only a certain number of students can attend class. Went to the classroom personally and saw that 153 people can sit in the class according to the fire regulations, yet in the bookstore only 130 or so books were ordered for sale, meaning that there are about 23 seats available - so why are they not allowing me or other people trying to attend the class is beyond any reason - I actually bought the books for the class that starts on Monday and am waiting for someone to drop the course hopefully by end of next week........I wish you luck with your course too....
Out of interest, is it the second year MANDATORY history class? Because I couldn't get into that one either, but I contacted them and they let me into C04.
Old 09-08-2011 at 10:10 PM   #213
maki

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1001 View Post
Haven't got into the class I want yet
Me neither, and it's really really really frustrating but have to keep trying until drop/add period ends which is next Friday, the 16th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Out of interest, is it the second year MANDATORY history class? Because I couldn't get into that one either, but I contacted them and they let me into C04.
Hi, the one I'm trying to get into is History 2QQ3 Soviet Union, etc.

Last edited by jhan523 : 09-08-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-08-2011 at 10:39 PM   #214
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maki View Post
Hi, the one I'm trying to get into is History 2QQ3 Soviet Union, etc.
Oh crap, I don't have that one! Sorry! I just dropped two history classes and I was hoping I could help you out.

maki says thanks to lizziepizzie for this post.
Old 09-09-2011 at 06:53 AM   #215
James1001

Liked: 5 Times

Lol yep, I'll be on SOLAR this wholeweekend....:axeh ead: