MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with my printer. Rakim Computers & Tech 2 09-24-2010 04:00 PM
Buying a Printer Melanieee Computers & Tech 47 09-03-2010 05:51 PM
printer cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 08-24-2010 04:04 PM
Looking to buy a new printer? LBJ.MVP General Discussion 9 09-03-2009 12:45 PM
printer dondada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-29-2009 11:27 PM

Is it necessary to buy your own printer?

Old 08-10-2009 at 09:14 PM   #1
lizziemcg

Liked: 7 Times

Is it necessary to buy your own printer?
I'm going into business and was wondering if buying my own printer would be necessary/useful. Any input? Thanks
Old 08-10-2009 at 09:16 PM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I personally have my own printer because it's more convenient. However, there are plenty of printers on campus and it typically costs 10 cents a page. If you work for one of the services on campus it costs 5 cents a page in your dept =) Nevertheless, it's pretty convenient having one so that you can print an essay at 8am for your 830 class
Old 08-10-2009 at 09:16 PM   #3
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziemcg View Post
I'm going into business and was wondering if buying my own printer would be necessary/useful. Any input? Thanks
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...hlight=printer

Here's a thread that will help.

Old 08-10-2009 at 09:37 PM   #4
sf

Liked: 36 Times

Having your own printer is very useful. You never know when you are going to need to print something off last minute, whether it be notes or an assignment. If its snowing or raining you may not want to treck to the library to print of 1 or 2 pages. I met someone last year who didnt buy a printer and instead asked his roommate to print stuff off for him. Basically he ended up needing to print a lot more than he expected and his roommate became annoyed with constantly needing to print stuff off for him. If you buy a printer it will last you a while so I definitely think its worth it, especially when you get into upper years.
Old 08-10-2009 at 09:53 PM   #5
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Yes, I would recommend buying a B&W printer... preferrably laser. They're relatively inexpensive, and if you do some research and pick a good one, they can last a long time (I haven't replaced my toner in 3 years).

You don't need a colour printer though... if you ever needed to print off a colour assignment for something (which you probably won't), then you can do it for quite good prices at the MSU Underground.