MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nursing help! Mabdel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-02-2011 09:02 PM
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Anyone going to Mo-Mac Nursing ? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2010 11:47 AM
Nursing Student wanting to take ConcertBand? quiipao Academics 3 06-28-2010 07:56 AM
CPR course for nursing? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-18-2010 07:31 PM

New Nursing Student

Old 07-13-2011 at 01:01 PM   #1
Britt

Liked: 0 Times

New Nursing Student
Hey guys! My name's Brittney, I'm staying in Woodstock hall (floor 5) and my elective is Health and Aging. I'm really pumped for September. If anyone's in my program or res building email or facebook me!
facebook name: Brittney Elizabeth, email: [email protected]
Old 07-13-2011 at 01:04 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Welcome to MI and McMaster !
Old 07-13-2011 at 01:46 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Welcome to MI and to Mac! My roommate is in nursing and she loves it, I'm sure you will too!
Old 07-13-2011 at 03:34 PM   #4
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Welcome to MI and to Mac! My roommate is in nursing and she loves it, I'm sure you will too!
Took me a good full minute to figure out how you knew she was in nursing.
Didn't think it would be in the title >_>

Hiya Brittney! Can you pretend that this emoticon is waving hello instead of "gtfo"? Ty.

$c-city$ likes this.
Old 07-13-2011 at 04:26 PM   #5
Britt

is there a list of textbooks/reading material that I'll need for the fall? also, what day is move-in day for res?
Old 07-13-2011 at 05:19 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt View Post
is there a list of textbooks/reading material that I'll need for the fall? also, what day is move-in day for res?
The list comes out mid-August. And move-in day is September 3rd/4th (the exact buildings that will be moving on each day have yet to be announced).
Old 07-20-2011 at 10:01 PM   #7
joanab

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt View Post
hey im starting nursing in the fall too and i was told by many upper years to wait until the first week of classes to buy books. Some have also said to buy them as you need them.
Old 08-06-2011 at 12:29 PM   #8
karrtr

I'm a second year student, and I would strongly recommend buying textbooks used. Prices of textbooks are extremely high, and if you wait until the first week of school all the used textbooks are gone (that's what happened to me) so you are forced to buy used as you are required to have them by the second week of school. Also, you are going to be waiting in line to enter the bookstores, and to pay for them, which takes a very long time the first 2-3 weeks of school. You will NEED 80% of the books they tell you to buy as well. I spent close to 2000 on textbooks and clinical supplies, which I think is crazy, but this year I bought all my books used and I saved a LOT of money!
Old 08-08-2011 at 11:43 AM   #9
patriciaxo1

Liked: 1 Time

welcome! nice to meeet u