MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strike? ~*Sara*~ Residence & Housing 95 10-14-2010 10:19 PM
Looks like the strike is over. michelle General Discussion 46 11-11-2009 09:17 AM
Strike manaya General Discussion 158 09-23-2009 05:55 PM
Go Strike lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-04-2008 06:43 PM
HSR Strike lorend ARCHIVES 0 11-15-2007 12:21 AM

New Strike !

Old 01-09-2011 at 06:52 PM   #91
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
I lol'd
When someone is judging people who are working in a cafeteria and only wanting to insure that their job is secured then yes I support them. And actually find it very annoying when people say that it's not a career. But when it comes to a program where people complain its hard because the amount of spoon feeding decreases then no I find that very irritating. And no I am not judging the health science student I know the specific courses and the course load my comments are based on observations rather than just judgments.

Before you lol think and make sure you know the difference. And I am sorry if I offended your delicate health science spirit. But you should just suck it up. so take a . and no need to quote me from a different thread. This is just plain creepy

Peace.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 01-09-2011 at 06:59 PM   #92
0t10

Liked: 0 Times

GREAT. just read the cinnamon buns thing. now im hungry and i have to wait 12 hrs at least
Old 01-09-2011 at 06:59 PM   #93
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
When someone is judging people who are working in a cafeteria and only wanting to insure that their job is secured then yes I support them. And actually find it very annoying when people say that it's not a career. But when it comes to a program where people complain its hard because the amount of spoon feeding decreases then no I find that very irritating. And no I am not judging the health science student I know the specific courses and the course load my comments are based on observations rather than just judgments.

Before you lol think and make sure you know the difference. And I am sorry if I offended your delicate health science spirit. But you should just suck it up. so take a . and no need to quote me from a different thread. This is just plain creepy

Peace.
Not the one writing paragraphs to defend myself
I laughed. I found your hypocrisy funny. I pointed it out. My bad. Sorry if I offended.

Old 01-09-2011 at 06:59 PM   #94
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetochore View Post
Unskilled workers who are easily replaced should be making minimum wage, and do not deserve a free ride. Being a cafeteria worker is not a career.

Also, administration expense accounts and allegations of their misuse have nothing to do with what these workers deserve to make.

This strike is so dumb. I hope the univ. doesn't give in.

You do realize that when we have people that make okay money, they can afford to buy things. Like food, clothing...when people work crappy jobs and can't afford simple necessities, they go on welfare. The more people we have out of good jobs, the more people will be on welfare and then you will be paying more taxes to support those on welfare. So this strike is not dumb, you on the other hand

L'Étoile says thanks to jo87 for this post.
Old 01-09-2011 at 07:03 PM   #95
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
You do realize that when we have people that make okay money, they can afford to buy things. Like food, clothing...when people work crappy jobs and can't afford simple necessities, they go on welfare. The more people we have out of good jobs, the more people will be on welfare and then you will be paying more taxes to support those on welfare. So this strike is not dumb, you on the other hand
You can also look at it from the other perspective. University gives in and end up raising your fees.

Oh and can we cool it on the personal attack? Really hard for people to freely contribute their opinions when the risk is there. Everyone have their own personal opinion on the subject. Some with logical reasoning behind it even.

Last edited by PHLN : 01-09-2011 at 07:05 PM.

danallan, Marlowe like this.
Old 01-09-2011 at 07:08 PM   #96
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
You can also look at it from the other perspective. University gives in and end up raising your fees.

Oh and can we cool it on the personal attack? Really hard for people to freely contribute their opinions when the risk is there. Everyone have their own personal opinion on the subject. Some with logical reasoning behind it even.

The university will raise our tuition no matter what, its just what they do.

giftedchick likes this.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:16 PM   #97
esaad91

Liked: 1 Time

Yeah I talked to a lady yesterday apparently they don't want a raise but they are on a strike to keep their jobs and benefits. Basically the reasons were strong enough for a strike. She was actually looking for volunteers
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:32 PM   #98
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
WTF IM GOING TO THODE TOMORROW

wowwwww
Me2. I tried to find a cinnabun yesterday but I failed.

0t10 likes this.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:35 PM   #99
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Me2. I tried to find a cinnabun yesterday but I failed.
I'm actually really angry right now

I want a cinnamon bun

esaad91, GCSM like this.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:46 PM   #100
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I'm actually really angry right now

I want a cinnamon bun
they are amazing..im very sad that the reactor in thode is closed

Rakim likes this.
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:02 PM   #101
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Okay, does anyone else feel that the food options SUCKK because of the strike?

I'm vegetarian and Bridges is essentially the only place I want to eat due to questionable food handling at the rest of the food places, *ahemm* center stage.

Since it worked pretty well for the mini fridges, is anyone else up for a petition to refund our meal plan money?
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:04 PM   #102
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post

I'm vegetarian and Bridges is essentially the only place I want to eat due to questionable food handling at the rest of the food places, *ahemm* center stage.

Since it worked pretty well for the mini fridges, is anyone else up for a petition to refund our meal plan money?

IM SO IN
im pissed off
i had to buy my own groceries for the week and make my own food.
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:06 PM   #103
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
The university will raise our tuition no matter what, its just what they do.
And people will do nothing even if their tuition is raised by 10k.

We should f stuff up like the brits.
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:17 PM   #104
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post

Check out 1280. They used to have absolutely terrible vegetarian options, but now they have like 4-5 decent ones. The veggie Willy dogs are another great option. And if you don't mind walking, there's always Subway.
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:26 PM   #105
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
...here's always Subway.
Nomnom, italian bmt. Skrew campus food.