MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Student form help?! oli13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-31-2010 06:24 PM
New Student Form? Little First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-13-2010 09:59 AM
New Student Form? DMe3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 07-14-2010 03:17 PM
New Student Form deaner_123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-20-2008 11:55 PM
New student form zaidyusufani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-09-2008 12:50 PM

New Student Form

Old 06-13-2010 at 01:05 PM   #1
dlee

Liked: Liked 3 Times

New Student Form
HI, I have gotten acceptance from McMaster.

In my email:

New Student Form (please complete and return to the Office of the Registrar)

According to the file, I'm supposed to:

In order to prepare your McMaster Student ID Card in advance of your first day of classes, please attach an ORIGINAL passport photo (scanned photos cannot be used) and sign in the box below in BLACK INK. PLACE PHOTO IN CENTRE OF SQUARE
STUDENT INFORMATION

So does this mean that I have to get an actual passport photo or can it be be a self-shot photo from my digital camera?

I find it sketcy that Mac would accept your own digital self shot picture as your ID card!
Old 06-13-2010 at 01:13 PM   #2
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

As long as it is passport size, and isn't printed from a printer or scanned it's okay. So you can very well take a picture with your own camera and have it developed and then cut it into passport size. But I just find going to a place and getting your passport photo taken so much easier.

And you can smile!!! I know a lot of people who didn't know that they could smile but you can! It just needs to be passport size.
Old 06-13-2010 at 01:23 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

What Nicole said is correct. It just needs to be the size of a passport photo, i.e. wallet size. And you can smile! Oh and the background doesn't have to be white! I myself used a few grad pictures that we got developed at school. Other people I know (believe it or not) used photos from a photo booth.. but I wouldn't
Old 06-13-2010 at 01:25 PM   #4
dlee

Thanks! So does it have to be exactly a passport size?? I doubt I can develop my photo exactly into a passport size...I heard people just get it taken in one of those mall photo booth. lol I am trying to save as much money as I can here.

By the way, when does our course registration start?? I just got into Medical Radiation Sciences.
Old 06-13-2010 at 01:29 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee View Post
Thanks! So does it have to be exactly a passport size?? I doubt I can develop my photo exactly into a passport size...I heard people just get it taken in one of those mall photo booth. lol I am trying to save as much money as I can here.

By the way, when does our course registration start?? I just got into Medical Radiation Sciences.
You could just get a photo taken at Black's for example and develop a few in "wallet size" (same size they're asking for). Haha, I know a ton of people who did the photo booth thing too! (Definitely way cheaper . If you look at the homepage and scroll down, the course reg. for science (MedRad falls under here) is Sunday June 27th (so go on Saturday night at 12:01 AM )
Old 06-13-2010 at 01:52 PM   #6
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

will we be able to change the picture or will we be stuck with it for the whole 3/4 years?
Old 06-13-2010 at 01:53 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMe3 View Post
will we be able to change the picture or will we be stuck with it for the whole 3/4 years?
Ugh. This question comes up every year. Sadly, you're stuck with it for your 4 years =/ (even if you lose it and such).
Old 06-13-2010 at 01:57 PM   #8
Rob Mac

Liked: 14 Times

actually, i lost mine and when i went to get a replacement they asked if i wanted a new photo or if i wanted to keep it the same
Old 06-13-2010 at 02:26 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mac View Post
actually, i lost mine and when i went to get a replacement they asked if i wanted a new photo or if i wanted to keep it the same
Oh, good to know. I don't think I know anyone else who was asked =/. Maybe you're not stuck after all
Old 06-13-2010 at 02:47 PM   #10
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Also, it can be printed from a printer--mine was, and they didn't care
Old 06-13-2010 at 02:52 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Also, it can be printed from a printer--mine was, and they didn't care
Yeah, just make sure the quality is good because in the end then scan it into their system in order for them to put in on your student card. There are also days when you can just go to the Registrar's office and take your photo there. Not sure when that is though, if you want more information then you'll probably have to call them.
Old 06-13-2010 at 02:58 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Requirements: 1) Colour 2) Appropriate size (passport photo) 3) Picture must contain a humanoid 4) Individual in photo must be discernable

lorii likes this.
Old 06-13-2010 at 11:49 PM   #13
dlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
You could just get a photo taken at Black's for example and develop a few in "wallet size" (same size they're asking for). Haha, I know a ton of people who did the photo booth thing too! (Definitely way cheaper . If you look at the homepage and scroll down, the course reg. for science (MedRad falls under here) is Sunday June 27th (so go on Saturday night at 12:01 AM )
Wow, that early ehh? Does courses fill up that fast?!
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:01 AM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
I'm pretty sure she meant Sunday at 12:01AM. It won't be open on Saturday at 12:01AM. The day changes at 12:00AM by the way.
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:43 AM   #15
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Your required courses won't fill up I hope. Although electives might =/. So I would go on as soon as possible. Oh yeah I meant Saturday night after midnight.. which is technically Sunday (glad I figured that out last year! )