MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Massive Smoke Stack on Campus JackBauer133 General Discussion 16 04-26-2010 02:45 PM
Places to shower on campus? lawleypop General Discussion 15 12-08-2009 11:24 AM
Off-Campus Housing Part Four: What to Look For When Looking At Places lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 01-13-2008 01:43 PM
(More) Places to Eat Off-Campus Chad Food & Meal Plans 4 01-12-2008 04:08 PM
Places to study on Campus Sarahs Academics 7 09-11-2007 09:19 AM

Nice places to smoke on campus.

Old 10-28-2009 at 03:26 PM   #46
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
2.5 is certainly a low number but should anyone die because other people choose to smoke?
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Yes, 2.5 is a low number. But who the hell should have to die for someone else's stupid actions?

I'm all for killing off humanity, but if THAT'S how *I* die, I guarantee you I'm ****ing haunting every arr-tard that's smoked around me.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-28-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2009 at 03:33 PM   #47
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Yes, 2.5 is a low number. But who the hell should have to die for someone else's stupid actions?

I'm all for killing off humanity, but if THAT'S how *I* die, I guarantee you I'm ****ing haunting every arr-tard that's smoked around me.
It sucks that so many people are inconsiderate.

I'm lucky because my dad is a smoker but as soon as my mom got pregnant with me he stopped smoking in the house and told everyone (relatives who would frequent visitors, friends etc) there was no more smoking in the house, forever. No one ever smoked in our home again, its always outside no matter how cold it is.

I have other friends who weren't so lucky. One of my best friends both of her parents are chain smokers who've always smoked in their house, in their car with the windows rolled up etc. She hated it for years until she finally got to leave and go off to school. My parents never wanted me to go over to her house either because they thought her parents were *******s for smoking in their house and exposing their children and other people's children to second hand smoke in a friggin' house or car (without windows rolled down).
Old 10-28-2009 at 04:05 PM   #48
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
It sucks that so many people are inconsiderate.

I'm lucky because my dad is a smoker but as soon as my mom got pregnant with me he stopped smoking in the house and told everyone (relatives who would frequent visitors, friends etc) there was no more smoking in the house, forever. No one ever smoked in our home again, its always outside no matter how cold it is.

I have other friends who weren't so lucky. One of my best friends both of her parents are chain smokers who've always smoked in their house, in their car with the windows rolled up etc. She hated it for years until she finally got to leave and go off to school. My parents never wanted me to go over to her house either because they thought her parents were *******s for smoking in their house and exposing their children and other people's children to second hand smoke in a friggin' house or car (without windows rolled down).
You're describing my mom perfectly. And she still smoked when she was pregnant with both me and my brother. Thumbs up to her.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-28-2009 at 04:08 PM   #49
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You're describing my mom perfectly. And she still smoked when she was pregnant with both me and my brother. Thumbs up to her.
I hate to insult people's mother's but yeah she sounds like a really great person.

Endangering your own life is one thing but endangering other people with your unhealthy habit is totally unacceptable, especially children who have no choices and are unable to walk away the way an adult can if some douche is smoking in their face.
Old 10-28-2009 at 07:11 PM   #50
janeller

Liked: 3 Times

The fact of the matter is, I may not be blackening my lungs with the nicotine that these people have blown in my face BUT when I can't catch a breath of fresh air on campus, it pisses me off. And I'd really like to NOT inhale the poison that just went all through their blackened, disgusting lungs. gross!!

daisy likes this.
Old 10-28-2009 at 09:45 PM   #51
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Keep in mind that the 2.5 per million stat is also counting indoor smoking. To be honest, the chances of you inhaling any of their smoke outdoors seems really low; unless you walk directly into it. But most smokers aren't considerate enough to turn their heads away when they exhale...

To be honest, I like the smell of cigarettes. Its just people who smoke frequently that smell bad.

On topic: I don't know if you are allowed to smoke there, so check first, but Divinity College has a nice outdoor area that is covered in places.

reeves likes this.
Old 10-28-2009 at 11:52 PM   #52
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

http://www.leavethepackbehin d.org/mcmaster/policy.htm
Old 10-29-2009 at 12:50 AM   #53
smiles

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by collymolotov View Post
The notion that being exposed to a wee little tobacco smoke will seriously hinder ones health for the rest of ones life is hyberbole in the extreme. The fact remains that smoking is a lifestyle, and any campus that considers itself "tolerant" and "inclusive" should make accomodations for everyone.

It just strikes me as prissyness and whineyness on the part of complainers who are all too happy to cast us out into the rain and forget about us without a second thought. If my ancillary fees go to pay for campus groups and projects many of us have no personal interest in, why shouldn't we get our piece?
Just a reflection...
Who's displaying the "prissyness and whineyness" right now?
Old 10-29-2009 at 03:00 PM   #54
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
Keep in mind that the 2.5 per million stat is also counting indoor smoking. To be honest, the chances of you inhaling any of their smoke outdoors seems really low; unless you walk directly into it.
Exactly what I was getting at.
Old 10-29-2009 at 09:00 PM   #55
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

dont smoke. thats all i can say.
Old 10-30-2009 at 05:11 PM   #56
jonphillip

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by collymolotov View Post
I'll smoke wherever I damn well please until McMaster makes arrangements for its only remaining oppressed minority group. If smoking bothers you, suck it up buttercup. I don't understand all this nonsense about the smell "bothering" you, I never had a problem with the odor before I took up the habit.

Someone should set up a McMaster Smokers Alliance, to represent the rights and interests of this group before the health-Nazi's run us off campus.

The fact is, unless there is a reasonable alternative, people have no moral obligation to stand out in the rain and subject themselves to the sniffles and pnemonia just for the sake of your precious nose.

I really wish smokers would stand up for themselves instead of taking it lying down.
/thread derail successful...

Yo dawg, I herd you like smoking, so I put I put a cig in my sig so you can smoke while you get smoked.