MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nursing Immunization and Police Check MacDai First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-06-2010 08:27 AM
check my timetable cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-09-2010 06:03 PM
Could someone please check my mock timetable? + Tutorial question katherinelew First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 06-13-2010 08:26 PM
Please check my Timetable Afzal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 07-18-2009 10:43 AM
Please check my timetable Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2008 10:15 AM

Nursing Question and Timetable Check, Please

Old 08-09-2010 at 11:14 PM   #16
ela232

Liked: 0 Times

thx again, both of you! also 1BSO and 1A00, I heard their not really courses, right? and is that why there is no real info on them, (i mean they are not on the timetable)?
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:25 PM   #17
ela232

oh, ya you can take courses outside the COLLAB list, but since we're in mo-mac we have to take 9 units of COLLAB electives and 9 units of mcmaster electives, thats what it says on their website. heres the link http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1358.html
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:28 PM   #18
AK05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ela232 View Post
oh, ya you can take courses outside the COLLAB list, but since we're in mo-mac we have to take 9 units of COLLAB electives and 9 units of mcmaster electives, thats what it says on their website. heres the link http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1358.html
so in first yr we r only taking 1 course of COLLAB ryte not 2 ? i think accidently i took 2 lol COLLAB 2D03 AND COLLAB 2C03..m cnfuse agn
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:29 PM   #19
AK05

Hey how can i upload my timetable here i really want sm1 to review it..
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:32 PM   #20
ela232

ya you only need 1 elective, you can choose either COLLAB or a mac elective, its up 2 you i know everythings sooo confusing lol
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:35 PM   #21
ela232

what i did 2 upload it was i scanned it onto my computer as a JPEG file and when you create your thread, near the bottom of the page there is an attach documents button
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:38 PM   #22
AK05

Quote:
what i did 2 upload it was i scanned it onto my computer as a JPEG file and when you create your thread, near the bottom of the page there is an attach documents button
okie m gona do it ryte now and make a new thread lol .. plz plz chek it okie..
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:40 PM   #23
ela232

sure i'll check it no prob
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:51 PM   #24
AK05

OKIIEEEEEE CHEK CHEK i jus uploaded it in a new Nursing Timetable Review thread...
Old 08-10-2010 at 07:49 AM   #25
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
thx again, both of you! also 1BSO and 1A00, I heard their not really courses, right? and is that why there is no real info on them, (i mean they are not on the timetable)?

Yeah they're just safety courses you have to do... las year one was online through ELM (so A2L thi year) and the other was a WHIMIS course you had to go to

and about anatomy, that's right... you have multiple lectures, and lab/tutorial on alternating weeks...
Old 08-10-2010 at 09:18 AM   #26
ela232

thanks again, its starting to make sense now. one last thing. are first year students put in clinical placements, and if so how can i choose the hospital i'd like to work in?
Old 08-10-2010 at 09:31 AM   #27
Charbs

Quote:
thanks again, its starting to make sense now. one last thing. are first year students put in clinical placements, and if so how can i choose the hospital i'd like to work in?

Clinical first year is classroom based... so you have a weekly class with a small group (same as your PBL group members)...and you learn the basics and assessments and such...and a couple times during the semester you will have standardized patients come in (these are basically actor patients... from around the community who get paid to come in and pretend they are patients)... and you practice more on them... the other weeks you go over the material with your tutor and practice on each other in the class room..

going into second year, we have a couple weeks of clinical in the classroom to refresh and learn some new stuff, and then we go out into the hospitals...

we don't get to choose our placements at all.. they're assigned... but they say that if says you live in milton and you get a placement in welland, and you find someone in niagara region who got a placement near you, y ou can request to switch...but its up to y ou to find that person.
Old 08-10-2010 at 10:41 PM   #28
WannabeNurse

yup, we take only 1 elective first year and its got to be in first semester. you can take a collab or a mac elective, its up to you. and pamela, we have virtually the same schedule. i'll be seeing ya in school!
megan, i noticed what you said about having clinical and hlth sci and psych all in one day. on my wednesday i have the 4 hour (?! seriously!?) clinical, then an hour break, they hlth sci for an hour, then psych. sound like a recipe for burn out? it just really works in my schedule, tho :-)
Old 08-10-2010 at 10:45 PM   #29
Charbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeNurse View Post
yup, we take only 1 elective first year and its got to be in first semester. you can take a collab or a mac elective, its up to you. and pamela, we have virtually the same schedule. i'll be seeing ya in school!
megan, i noticed what you said about having clinical and hlth sci and psych all in one day. on my wednesday i have the 4 hour (?! seriously!?) clinical, then an hour break, they hlth sci for an hour, then psych. sound like a recipe for burn out? it just really works in my schedule, tho :-)

yeah no it wasn't the fact that she had them all in 1 day... she had like 7 hours of class straight lol

if you have a break.. youll do fine.. it'll still be a long day, but having that break will really help
Old 08-10-2010 at 10:57 PM   #30
WannabeNurse

lol i see...doesnt mac have zip cars or something like that? cars for rent that just hang out in the parking lot till somebody wants em? that would be super sweet for clinicals second year (i am car-less)